The regular Twitter app sucks because of the ads. Tweetbot or twitterrific are the ways to go.
    The ads are a pain but I like some of the features ("while you were away" is one) so I will keep it on here. Using tweetbot for the first time in a while and trying to relearn the swipes.
    Les74 likes this.
    10-06-2015 06:56 PM
    I used to be a heavy Tweetbot user. Now, for as much as I use Twitter, the official app is just fine. Kinda like the Twitter Moments thing as well.
    10-15-2015 07:02 AM
    So yeah, I might sound like a loser, but I search all the time for a new Twitter app because quite honestly I'm getting tired of Tweetbot. And I managed to find one.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/feat...mUvbUpU2664329

It's called Feather. It is great. Beautiful themes, notifications, great looking app.
    12-12-2015 06:50 AM
    I used to be a heavy Tweetbot user. Now, for as much as I use Twitter, the official app is just fine. Kinda like the Twitter Moments thing as well.
    I like the official Twitter app too, but wish it had a dark theme.
    12-12-2015 07:00 AM
    So yeah, I might sound like a loser, but I search all the time for a new Twitter app because quite honestly I'm getting tired of Tweetbot. And I managed to find one.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/feat...mUvbUpU2664331

It's called Feather. It is great. Beautiful themes, notifications, great looking app.
    Nah, not for $2.99. I'll stick with switching between the Twitter app and Tweetbot. What do you not like about Tweetbot? I like the official Twitter app, but I often need a dark theme for my eyes and hate all the ads.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    12-12-2015 07:07 AM
    Nah, not for $2.99. I'll stick with switching between the Twitter app and Tweetbot. What do you not like about Tweetbot? I like the official Twitter app, but I often need a dark theme for my eyes and hate all the ads.
    I just get tired of using it. There's no "oomph" or personality about it. Plus, everyone else uses it and I just want something different.
    12-12-2015 07:47 AM
    Hands down Tweetbot.
    12-14-2015 03:05 PM
    I just get tired of using it. There's no "oomph" or personality about it. Plus, everyone else uses it and I just want something different.
    Did you try Tweetbot 4 in landscape mode?
    12-14-2015 03:12 PM
    Of both apps mentions, tweetbot and twitterefic, which one has the bookmarks feature? I love have my placeholder on my current app and I can just scroll up as I check my twitter feed. I don't like the newest tweet to show up but rather where I left off reading the night before etc.

Thank you for your response.
    12-14-2015 09:41 PM
    I like the official Twitter app too, but wish it had a dark theme.
    I wonder why they have a dark theme on some platforms but not others. I hate not having a dark theme.
    12-14-2015 09:51 PM
    I like Twitterrific... You can change all of the colors and make it your own Best Twitter Client apps-imageuploadedbytapatalk1450149044.404570.jpgBest Twitter Client apps-imageuploadedbytapatalk1450149061.037672.jpg
    12-14-2015 10:11 PM
    12-14-2015 10:17 PM
    Twitterrific is nice but it won't ever NEVER pull more than about 80 tweets for me, even with backgrounding on. Never.
    12-15-2015 02:50 AM
    I wonder why they have a dark theme on some platforms but not others. I hate not having a dark theme.
    I have no idea. Twitter thinks they do well enough without the dark theme. Others need it to compete.
    12-15-2015 12:39 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450149436.989821.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	143.5 KB 
ID:	99575

12-15-2015 12:48 PM
    Probably Tweetbot, but it's been a while since I've used it.
    Can't Tweet to hash tags from the hashtag feed in Tweetbot. Bought it, and deleted it within 15 minutes.

I still think the Official Twitter client is better than Tweetbot, especially with the kind of price difference we're talking about.

I don't mind paying for apps, but I feel ganked when the developers try too hard to bring value while being completely dumb about the basic usability of the apps.

You cannot live Tweet an event with Tweetbot for this reason, or follow a live feed while participating. You're constantly having to go back to your main Twitter Feed just to compose a tweet, which causes you to completely lose your place in the hashtag feed.

I found it unusable, since that's about the only reason I use twitter.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-17-2015 06:59 PM
    Can't Tweet to hash tags from the hashtag feed in Tweetbot. Bought it, and deleted it within 15 minutes.

I still think the Official Twitter client is better than Tweetbot, especially with the kind of price difference we're talking about.

I don't mind paying for apps, but I feel ganked when the developers try too hard to bring value while being completely dumb about the basic usability of the apps.

You cannot live Tweet an event with Tweetbot for this reason, or follow a live feed while participating. You're constantly having to go back to your main Twitter Feed just to compose a tweet, which causes you to completely lose your place in the hashtag feed.

I often switched between the official Twitter app and Tweetbot, and before I disabled my Twitter accounts, I was probably on the official app more, even though I hated the ads.
    12-17-2015 07:08 PM

That's not something I do much. I use both, but not because I have to. Tweetbot takes getting used to for sure. But I like the dark theme for my eyes and the split screen in landscape mode. I'm not a big hash tagger. I like that I can use my Tweetbot launcher in my notification center to go direct to my lists. I'm a list person. I have several.
    12-17-2015 09:19 PM
    That's not something I do much. I use both, but not because I have to. Tweetbot takes getting used to for sure. But I like the dark theme for my eyes and the split screen in landscape mode. I'm not a big hash tagger. I like that I can use my Tweetbot launcher in my notification center to go direct to my lists. I'm a list person. I have several.
    I'm glad you don't do it much. But like I said, it's useless for live tweeting or participating in those discussions. The Twitter first party client does this, because they understand, fully, how their service is used.

Millions of people do this on Twitter, so the fact that you don't is pretty much a non-factor.

That has nothing to do with a dark theme (useless aesthetics that have no impact on how you use the service, at all) or a learning curve. It's about taking a use case the service/official app embraces and making it borderline impossible in their expensive third party apps.

I'm sure the people live tweeting terrorist attacks want to bounce between screens and completely lost place in the stream as a result. Plus not having the hash tag automatically entered in the tweet compose window slows you down. Twitter is fast. This stuff is important.

And excuse me for being utterly tired of "I don't do that" being peddled as some quasi justification for a feature this fundamental to the use of the service (Twitter) being overlooked in one of the most expensive Twitter clients in the App Store.

I didn't call the app bad. I simply said it was useless because of that overlooked feature. I can look through a live feed and none of the people live tweet use Tweetbot because of much of a PITA it is compared to Twitter for iOS. You can't learn feature additions into apps, and this is impossible to get used to.

Lists have nothing to do with it. I'm talking about actually tweeting and keeping track of one discussion under a hash tag. Not looking at a bunch of consolidated tweets in a list. The two aren't even the same thing, or close to the same thing.

The official app does Lists well enough. I have a few.
    12-17-2015 09:55 PM
    I'm glad you don't do it much. But like I said, it's useless for live tweeting or participating in those discussions. The Twitter first party client does this, because they understand, fully, how their service is used.

Millions of people do this on Twitter, so the fact that you don't is pretty much a non-factor.

That has nothing to do with a dark theme (useless aesthetics that have no impact on how you use the service, at all) or a learning curve. It's about taking a use case the service/official app embraces and making it borderline impossible in their expensive third party apps.

I'm sure the people live tweeting terrorist attacks want to bounce between screens and completely lost place in the stream as a result. Plus not having the hash tag automatically entered in the tweet compose window slows you down. Twitter is fast. This stuff is important.

And excuse me for being utterly tired of "I don't do that" being peddled as some quasi justification for a feature this fundamental to the use of the service (Twitter) being overlooked in one of the most expensive Twitter clients in the App Store.

I didn't call the app bad. I simply said it was useless because of that overlooked feature. I can look through a live feed and none of the people live tweet use Tweetbot because of much of a PITA it is compared to Twitter for iOS. You can't learn feature additions into apps, and this is impossible to get used to.

Lists have nothing to do with it. I'm talking about actually tweeting and keeping track of one discussion under a hash tag. Not looking at a bunch of consolidated tweets in a list. The two aren't even the same thing, or close to the same thing.

The official app does Lists well enough. I have a few.
    I participate in threads just fine on Tweetbot. Maybe you don't know how. I admit, they didn't make it obvious to see the option.
    12-18-2015 08:29 AM
    I forgot I had installed Tweetbot - I can't remember the last time I had opened it. In some ways I find it rather confusing. The use of color seems inconsistent. I just want black background with light gray or white text.
    12-20-2015 10:59 PM
    I've tried them all & always end back up on the stock twitter app.
    12-21-2015 02:46 AM
    I forgot I had installed Tweetbot - I can't remember the last time I had opened it. In some ways I find it rather confusing. The use of color seems inconsistent. I just want black background with light gray or white text.
    You get used to it the more you use it. I felt a bit that way at first. But the more I use it, the more I like it. My eyes need the dark theme. And I get really frustrated and irritated with all the promoted ad tweets on the Twitter app. It's gotten worse these past few months. A lot worse. It's just too much.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    12-21-2015 07:10 AM
    You get used to it the more you use it. I felt a bit that way at first. But the more I use it, the more I like it. My eyes need the dark theme. And I get really frustrated and irritated with all the promoted ad tweets on the Twitter app. It's gotten worse these past few months. A lot worse. It's just too much.
    No doubt - as if inserting them frequently into my timeline isn't enough, now I have to look at them every freaking time I read a full tweet?! Mercy!
    12-23-2015 11:16 AM
    No doubt - as if inserting them frequently into my timeline isn't enough, now I have to look at them every freaking time I read a full tweet?! Mercy!
    Exactly.
    12-23-2015 12:20 PM
50 12