Is there any app or setting that'll allow me to turn on/off the screen w/o using hardware buttons?

Velocitydreamer

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello All!
I am normally more of a Droid fan, but my new job requires an iPhone. I'd like to utilize it the best I can, and maybe I'll enjoy it more than my G3 :) One thing, however, that I LOVE about my G3 is the KnockOn capability... I tap the screen twice to turn it on, and tap the notification bar twice to turn it off... no buttons needed! WITHOUT jailbreaking the phone, is there any app or setting that will allow me to turn on/off the screen without using hardware buttons?? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re: Is there any app or setting that'll allow me to turn on/off the screen w/o using hardware buttons?

Not that I'm aware of...:)

Velocitydreamer

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I just realized... with the iPhone, the home button will essentially turn the screen on and it's on the front of the device so... though, be nice to turn it off without using the side button... not a big deal though, will just take getting used to is all :) Thanks for your reply!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just realized... with the iPhone, the home button will essentially turn the screen on and it's on the front of the device so... though, be nice to turn it off without using the side button... not a big deal though, will just take getting used to is all :) Thanks for your reply!

You're very welcome, and take care...:)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Check out the Assistive Touch features in Accessibility.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods