Is AT&T Blocking Ookla Speedtest App??

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well I am using three Unlocked T-Mobile phones on AT&T and this sort of proves my Theory unless Ookla is somehow blocking it but I was thinking someone at AT&T was pissed as I am sure a majority of the Grandfathered plans from people complaining about their speeds used the Ookla App to monitor their throttling...

What was your theory? Reading these comments, I don't see a pattern or theory. Some work on AT&T and some don't.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
the least amount of time I have to deal with Frontier the better. There are other apps out there. More curious than anything

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
What was your theory? Reading these comments, I don't see a pattern or theory. Some work on AT&T and some don't.

It's more than just here and the same app works fine on other services as well as phones... If it's a fluke it's a fluke!

I still think it's linked to the 100 Million dollar fine imposed from FCC on AT&T!

I'll bet all the phones blocked are or were on the Grandfather plan!

I'll also bet someone blocked Ookla because it's the most popular Speedtest App!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
When I tried around 2pm today it worked and now a few hours later it's still working.

Mine is working now too. My speeds have gone downhill over the past few weeks. I originally thought it was my M9 just getting poor speeds. But my iPhone 6 is getting them too. Only 8.53 down.

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah mines working again as well! Well either way I remain skeptical just because I'm usually somewhat right... I did do my own comparisons between phones and services before I posted here. I just wanted to see on a bigger scale as I know these forums are extremely popular!

Whether it was a fluke or nothing to do with being AT&T there's nothing wrong or stupid about being skeptical. Just as long as you do your own research.

What I really should have done was figure out how to ping from my phone to the Ookla services that most likely would have been the most intelligent process!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is AT&T Blocking Ookla Speedtest App??

One thing about it...all these technological advances are not perfect. Glitches will happen. I find it amazing they all work as well as they do.

SWFLFFPM

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is AT&T Blocking Ookla Speedtest App??

Not working today on my ip5s on data with AT&T. Wifi works but that is Comcast.

I am on a grandfathered 200mb plan.

I will check on my wife's ip6 hone she gets home. She is on a grandfathered unlimited plan.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro