the most easy ways
    06-18-2015 08:31 AM
    Hire someone to make it for you. . . . Hey, you said "most easy."
    06-18-2015 08:33 AM
    Depends on your related skills. If none look at GameSalad.

Or buy a complete project template and change it to make it your own.
    06-18-2015 06:41 PM
    I thought only programmer can do it. It will be awesome if you can make your own apps!
    06-20-2015 06:08 PM
    GameSalad is one of many non-programmer ways that can make full sellable game for app store. It doesn't give you graphics for it though. You still have to provide them. If you don't have that skill, google free graphics and use what you find as place holders until you can buy/hire/partner to get graphic/sound assets that you have permission to use. Or create them yourself to the best of your ability and if its a fun game, it will have a 'feel' to it. Just dive in. It's a lot of fun and a lot more work then anyone realizes. But well worth it!
    06-20-2015 06:28 PM
    Unity 3D is a fantastic place to start, very helpful involved community and tons of tutorials and assets available.
    06-22-2015 11:18 PM
    Unity 3D is a fantastic place to start, very helpful involved community and tons of tutorials and assets available.
    Unity is fantastic, if you have coding experience I would certainly start there. Otherwise there's Game Salad, Game Maker etc which are possibly a bit easier to get to grips with but less powerful IMO.
    06-23-2015 04:58 AM
    Unity is fantastic, if you have coding experience I would certainly start there. Otherwise there's Game Salad, Game Maker etc which are possibly a bit easier to get to grips with but less powerful IMO.
    Yeah, I would say with Unity you're not going to limit yourself (2D/3D) to specific game style. It definitely helps to have some coding knowledge but there are a few plugins like Playmaker you can install that make coding more visual, like a flowchart.
    06-23-2015 08:49 AM
    Unreal (UDK4) is great as well. You can use blueprints instead of code but learning curve is still high as its a real robust game engine. But a really nice system if you can handle the complexity of a production level game.
    06-23-2015 09:19 AM
    The best thing to do is come up with the idea first and then pick the tool to suit your needs, don't be a slave to the software, just ensure that whatever you pick to develop with doesn't constrain your plans.
    06-23-2015 11:29 AM
    The best thing to do is come up with the idea first and then pick the tool to suit your needs, don't be a slave to the software, just ensure that whatever you pick to develop with doesn't constrain your plans.
    And decide where you want to release it.
    06-23-2015 12:07 PM
    I would reluctantly add that using Adobe AIR (flash) was once a great way to make a game for many platforms. They are still updating as Apple upgrades, however the writing is on the wall that at some point Adobe will decide to stop supporting AIR all together. They stopped updating Flash Builder already. They have been focusing efforts on HTML 5. It's a ticking time bomb. This is/was a great way to get started in game dev and beyond. It is very unfortunate.
    06-23-2015 12:12 PM
    I used to ambitiously build huge unfinished games in Game Maker 7 for PC. I'd love to see some of that resource get used and wonder if any of it, which is many years old now could be compatible with a newer version and work for a mobile device? I'd be looking to do a much simpler 2D game using assets that I created when I had more time perhaps in the fall..
    06-23-2015 02:35 PM
    For novice game making there is gamesalad, construct2 and gamemaker. For more advanced users Unity and Unreal4. All engines can make awesome games...you just need time and commitment
    06-24-2015 11:39 AM
    Swift is not at all hard - just download Xcode!
    06-24-2015 11:45 AM
    [WARN]This is not the place to advertise your apps. Keep the responses in accordance with the thread question please. Thank you. [/WARN]
    06-24-2015 04:55 PM
    Unity's the way to go hands down
    06-27-2015 01:15 AM
    Unity's the way to go hands down
    Have you tried Unreal? Not saying it's better for you.

Never tried Unity much myself. Heard in the past it was limited, finicky etc. and requires more coding (which wouldn't worry me). Heard many of the shortcomings of Unity are getting addressed rapidly and they are not far apart at this point.

Unreal is by no means easy to get started with. You have to understand what you need before you can get much out of it.

Curious about Unity for sure. Especially like that Microsoft has supported them.

Cheers.
    06-27-2015 02:03 AM
    I'm still using AIR but I am definitely feeling pressure to find an alternative. There is at least one more game I want to make with AIR but I will probably be switching to Unity after that.
    Scatabrain likes this.
    06-27-2015 10:46 AM
    I'm still using AIR but I am definitely feeling pressure to find an alternative. There is at least one more game I want to make with AIR but I will probably be switching to Unity after that.
    I am finishing a big AIR game now. Been looking ahead at where to go next.
    06-27-2015 10:53 AM
    Have you tried Unreal? Not saying it's better for you.

Never tried Unity much myself. Heard in the past it was limited, finicky etc. and requires more coding (which wouldn't worry me). Heard many of the shortcomings of Unity are getting addressed rapidly and they are not far apart at this point.

Unreal is by no means easy to get started with. You have to understand what you need before you can get much out of it.

Curious about Unity for sure. Especially like that Microsoft has supported them.

Cheers.
    For sure Unity has its flaws (it crashes pretty consistently), but nonetheless it is quite powerful and easy to learn for someone wanting to start out. And like you said, the Unity team is pretty rapid in fixing any issues or bugs.

For me the two best parts of Unity is the asset store and the community. There are a ton of useful tools on the store (a lot of them free) that will definitely help out a beginner. Also the unity website has a designated question and answer section. It's pretty much a way less efficient version of Stack Overflow, but is a lot more opening and forgiving to beginners.

Ultimately though, the shortcomings of Unity do really bug me . I'll do some research into Unreal.

Thanks

Edit:

After 20 seconds of research I discovered that Unreal also has an asset store and help forum . The product looks pretty impressive
    06-27-2015 12:34 PM
    For sure Unity has its flaws (it crashes pretty consistently), but nonetheless it is quite powerful and easy to learn for someone wanting to start out. And like you said, the Unity team is pretty rapid in fixing any issues or bugs.

For me the two best parts of Unity is the asset store and the community. There are a ton of useful tools on the store (a lot of them free) that will definitely help out a beginner. Also the unity website has a designated question and answer section. It's pretty much a way less efficient version of Stack Overflow, but is a lot more opening and forgiving to beginners.

Ultimately though, the shortcomings of Unity do really bug me . I'll do some research into Unreal.

Thanks
    Thanks for that. Unreal Editor crashes too.
    06-27-2015 12:37 PM
    Unity3d, absolutely.
    06-28-2015 12:18 AM
    You should go for someone who knows how to do this. Carry on!
    06-28-2015 12:44 AM
    Second on recommendation of Swift - you can download free tutorials for simple games and get started right away by making changes to them. This will be good if you only want to develop for iOS.
    11-13-2015 06:06 AM