Spark email from Readdle

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting to see what Apple does with the native Mail app, specifically in iOS 9. Giving too many developers access to my email is not something I'm into.

gc916

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I started using Spark yesterday, and was really hoping that it would become my favorite iOS email client. Unfortunately, I am unable to connect to my company's Exchange server. When I attempt to add the account and enter my credentials, I get a message telling me to use the "Back" button and select Google from the Connect to Service screen. I don't know the nature of the problem, but it might help if Spark provided the ability to enter specific domain and server settings, as other email apps do. I contacted Readdle tech support, who asked me to turn on "verbose logging" and send them the file it produced. They also asked for my Exchange login credentials so they could test the issue, but I'm not willing to share that information.

I also had difficulty adding my Outlook email account. If I selected "Outlook" from the Connect to Service screen, the account creation failed. If I selected "Exchange," I was able to add the account.

I realize the app is new, and I have no doubt that these issues will be resolved in future updates. Spark has some great features, in my opinion, but it's not practical for me in its current state.

stepchild

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying this app however there's a few issues that I think need to be fixed. First off there is no way to select all for various actions. Also it does not have a landscape mode, which I like to use.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Heckface

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the app and it seems to be pretty great so far other than one major issue. I do not receive notifications for new email nor does it show an unread count in the badge until I open it.

I've checked my settings and notifications are turned on for the app. Anybody know what I may be missing or having thus same issue?

Heckface

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
FWIW I have the same issue with readdles calendars 5 app. Fantastical will show event counts in the badge right away but calendars 5 I have to open before the badge count updates for the day. Come on readdle! I love the apps but need my notifications/badges.

kenozz

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello

Yeah I have the same problems with notifications, they are intermittent I always get the sound but never the badge icon

It seems the app needs to be opened to refresh it then the emails come down if you then exit the app and wait a few seconds the badge icon refreshes with the unread count

So ts not priceable for me to use at the moment as my main email client, I need to be able to get a notification and a badge icone before I open the app

Pity really as the app as some good features

hot_guitar

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Whats' good: Good organization, easy to get through inbox, read receipts, Apple Watch integration, smart notifications (I don't need to see every email notification).

Not so good: Problems with Exchange accounts, no landscape/iPad mode, can't act on multiple items (but can act on an entire 'card').

I really like it though: I use Outlook for work email and calendar and Spark/Fanstastical for personal email/calendar.

Last edited:

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Using it on my iPhone 6 and Watch to triage my Gmail accounts and it's great. Lack of landscape mode and native iPad app are the only irritants at the moment ...

neoteric5

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I agree that landscape mode would be great. Also, I find that pinch-to-zoom doesn't work on all messages, and when it does work, the maximum zoom is inadequate, perhaps only 110-120%.

Does anyone know how the "snooze" feature is supposed to work? It doesn't move messages out of my gmail Inbox and when the message snooze time arrives, I don't get any notification. Does it behave differently for anyone else?

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Boxer just redid their app a month or so ago, love it, it's been my goto deleted spark after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ararso

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I've actually emailed Readdle about the exchange support and they did reply that they're working on it and if I wanted to use my exchange account for testing. It is coming I'm just being patient about it.

clankfu

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I've been trying both Spark and Outlook for the last couple of days. I really like Spark but anyone notice that it's kind of a battery hog?

spark.PNG

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox