Google photo app

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
The new Google photo app is amazing. Backs up my photos plus turns them into animations or collages .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Nice. Thanks for the tip.

Plus I believe the only backup photo app to offer unlimited storage* got photos.

*need to choose high quality not original size for unlimited storage. Original storage uses up your storage on Google Drive

tanson1011

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
The new Google photo app is amazing. Backs up my photos plus turns them into animations or collages .

I too enjoy it. However it uses over 800mb of space on my iPhone. When I was using google plus to back up my photos the app didn't take up near as much space as the Google photos.

Anyone else have the same issue? What's the point of using the cloud service if it's taking up as much space as my optimized photo storage.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I too enjoy it. However it uses over 800mb of space on my iPhone. When I was using google plus to back up my photos the app didn't take up near as much space as the Google photos.

Anyone else have the same issue? What's the point of using the cloud service if it's taking up as much space as my optimized photo storage.

For me it's using only 200mb or so. I have 128GB iPhone 6 plus so I don't really notice how much space apps take and really using it to backup my pictures.

361c36488967b1003a5bae4402f21a87.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Turn the auto uploads off. It shouldn't take space on your phone. Well, not much. App size.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Did you delete the photos from your camera roll?

stepchild

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If you're talking about the usage it's top of list. I just notice my photo and camera show 1.0 gb. So there might be something else causing the issue.

stepchild

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have been playing around with the app and it does use storage space on my phone. I can delete photos off of camera roll but app still increases in size. It's like you just move the photos from camera roll to this app. If I delete them in app it deletes them everywhere.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea what.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73