Is there an App to lock the location services/GPS on?

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
My daughter decided to turn off her location services so we could not track her phone last night after she went to a party with a friend. Is there an app that allows a password to access location services? She has a 5s.

Mike sherwood

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Make sure find my iphone is enabled
Do not give her the iCloud password
Even with location services disabled
It is still possible to locate an iPhone by enabling lost mode.

enabling lost mode on an iphone FORCES location services on for find my iPhone until the passcode has been entered.

I apologize for the lateness of my reply

Last edited by a moderator:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Make sure find my iphone is enabled
Do not give her the iCloud password
Even with location services disabled
It is still possible to locate an iPhone by enabling lost mode.

enabling lost mode on an iphone FORCES location services on for find my iPhone until the passcode has been entered.

I apologize for the lateness of my reply

Using restrictions is a very good answer. It works great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Using restrictions is a very good answer. It works great.

I concur. And it's a better solution than simply not to give out the password because she will need it sooner or later to install apps on her device.

But then again, by simply putting the phone on FlightMode will keep you or anybody else from checking out where she is temporarily whereas restrictions will keep her away from disabling it for as long as you want it.

Mike sherwood

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
No you don't need to give her the icloud password. . A lot of people like me do not use the same password or account for "itunes" and "iCloud". Your iCloud password protects your device from someone turning off location services or stealing your device. Your itunes password just protects someone from spending money. And thats all

If a daughter of mine put it in flight mode, I would retaliate and just tell icloud to wipe the device and keep it registered to my icloud account and it would be a brick when she turned off airplane mode and it reconnected.

My advice would be to use icloud to keep the iphone from getting stolen, and just use find friends to keep tabs on her. We havent mentioned find friends yet. You don't need to give anyone passwords to your device to be able to use friend finder.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711