What is the best calendar app that will sync between the iPhone and your laptop? I use the one on the phone but sometimes have issues so I figured I'd try something else as well. Thanks.
    03-29-2015 03:25 AM
    I personally use Fantastical
    03-29-2015 04:36 AM
    Another vote for Fantastical.

However, I am using Fantastical 2 on my iPhone/iPad and Fantastical (original, NOT Fantastical 2) on my Macs. Fantastical 2 is a $40 upgrade. #ouch
    03-29-2015 10:23 AM
    What laptop are you using? Mac or Windows? I use stock with Mac and iPhone as well as fantastical. I also use original fantastical but won't upgrade to the new one until they come to their senses and drop the price.

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk
    03-29-2015 10:37 AM
    Fantastical or tempo on the phone. Fantastical has a desktop app tempo doesn't.
    03-29-2015 10:46 AM
    iCal has the option to see whole months appointments with text in each day explaining what's scheduled. On fantastical 2 you only see dots and you have to click the day open to see what you have in there. So all in all, if I can see all with one glance it beats "dot view" every time.
    03-29-2015 02:33 PM
    Not sure does it have desktop version tho.
    03-29-2015 02:34 PM
    Edit: aCal. Not iCal.
    03-29-2015 02:34 PM
    Super Calendar. Love this app. A lot of customization.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    TurboTiger likes this.
    03-29-2015 09:05 PM
    iCal has the option to see whole months appointments with text in each day explaining what's scheduled. On fantastical 2 you only see dots and you have to click the day open to see what you have in there. So all in all, if I can see all with one glance it beats "dot view" every time.
    I've seen screen shots of Fantastical 2 that show otherwise. But with that said, the $40 upgrade is outrageous.

Attachment 79209
    03-29-2015 09:52 PM
    I use fantastical 2 on my iPhone. Regular calendar app on my Mac as others have said. Too much of an upgrade price for something I just don't use that much of on my Mac.
    03-29-2015 09:58 PM
    Hi, i have two app, which i can really recommend - miCal from entwicklungsschmiede and Calendars (or Calendars 5) from Readdle.
    Whats for me the most important by the calendar - i need to see in week or month view directly planned meetings, not just dots as by other calendar apps.
    Truman82 likes this.
    03-30-2015 05:20 AM
    The best IMHO
    03-30-2015 09:46 PM

Great app, hope they do something with the bug on the iPad app soon.
    03-30-2015 11:16 PM
    Great app, hope they do something with the bug on the iPad app soon.
    I don't use an iPad, but I hope they fix it.

03-31-2015 12:30 AM
    Super calendar is great but I think the OP was looking for one that syncs with a laptop

Sent from my iPhone 6
    03-31-2015 08:06 AM
    Meant to say aCal, which is free (ad) or 5 for full. Fantastical 2 has whole month view on desktop yes, I wish they implemented it on mobile version too.
    04-01-2015 06:39 AM
    What is the best calendar app that will sync between the iPhone and your laptop? I use the one on the phone but sometimes have issues so I figured I'd try something else as well. Thanks.
    Your question lacks definition, what is it you want the app to accomplish, what issues do you have, what iPhone model, do you need Reminders to show in calendar views, are you using advance task manager service like Toodledo, etc. ? Do you want free or paid ? Are you using Apple calendar (iCal) or Google - or do you even care ?

I use Google calendars (multiple accounts) for my work and family's calendars (my wife and I are sharing our personal calendars with each other), and Toodledo for task management (Reminders doesn't work for me because it doesn't support task Start date and most of the projects I work on take more than one day to complete, so it's essential to plan a start date for each).

So far I found two calendars that support Toodledo sync. One is Pocket Informant and another is PlanBe. PI is very powerful and choke full of features but it can be a bit overwhelming; also I have an older iPhone 4s and it takes a bit long to cold start on it (6-7 sec).

PlanBe is simpler, a tad faster, and with a cleaner interface, but a little less featured. Both are very good.

If you're OK with using Google tasks, which are as simple as Reminders, there's a great free calendar called Jorte. It supports Google calendar and Google tasks, and has a nice clean interface. It will show tasks from one lists in Calendar, but it won't combine tasks from different lists, you have to switch between lists manually. I don't know if it supports Reminders, worth to check it out anyway.

If you want to stick with Apple calendar and Apple reminders, any of the above programs will work, and I think pretty much any of the iOS store calendars.

If you want to sync to your laptop, as opposed to accessing calendars online, assuming you have a PC, the simplest way if you use Google calendar is via Chrome, I believe it supports offline access to calendar.
    04-01-2015 09:29 AM
    Super calendar is great but I think the OP was looking for one that syncs with a laptop

Sent from my iPhone 6
    Yeah, I missed that part at first.

04-01-2015 11:52 AM
    Try Fantastical
    04-04-2015 02:25 PM
    My go to calendar has been Fantastical but I've been using Google Calendar also since it's release.
    There's a function that I discovered by chance.
    I'm a musician and sometimes I'll list a performance date using the word gig. Sometimes I'll just use the person I'm working for.
    In using the word gig in Google Calendar it puts a picture of a microphone on that date.

I checked Google Help to find out how and why it does this. Based on certain keywords when you name a appointment it pulls a photo from Google as a descriptor for the task.
    04-04-2015 02:46 PM
    My go to calendar has been Fantastical but I've been using Google Calendar also since it's release.
    There's a function that I discovered by chance.
    I'm a musician and sometimes I'll list a performance date using the word gig. Sometimes I'll just use the person I'm working for.
    In using the word gig in Google Calendar it puts a image of a microphone on that date.

I checked Google Help to find out how and why it does this. Based on certain keywords when you name a appointment it pulls a photo from Google as a descriptor for the task.

Here's some of the keywords you can use to pull a image. There are more I believe just Google, Google
    Calendar Image Keywords.

Concert
    Haircut
    Dentist
    Coffee
    Beer
    Drinks / Cocktails
    Concert
    Movie
    Manicure / Pedicure

Running
    Swimming