How do you decide on installing a new app?

MobiSystems Inc

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
1. I regularly go through the "featured" apps to try out the best available
2. I only use "search" option and carefully read through the description and reviews to find what will suit my needs best
3. I get informed on what's trending via online forums, iMore :)
4. I only install an app if a friend recommends it

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I think the app will benefit me productivity-wise, and I agree on its price, then I'll buy it/download & install it. If my son(s) want me to participate in a multiplayer game then I'll install it. Furthermore, when I have the time, I'll install and test various apps that were recommended by either the blog team or the iMore members.

anon(9424572)

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I usually search for the type of app I'm after - say relaxation app - then look through the various feedback for each app & download a trial/free version before deciding on which full app to buy.
Same goes for any app which looks to be one I'd use - check feedback & download trial/free version to test it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
1. Needful
2. Useful
3. Fun
4. Affordable

I do read the descriptions and the reviews. I take the reviews with a grain of salt. And I've learned to spot when a dev is padding the reviews.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

hiclub

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
i've only bought one paid app in my whole life and i have, like, 10 screens of apps on my iphone. so most likely free. then, i install pretty much every app in my vertical to keep track of competition. other than that, twitter/facebook groups for app discovery/elsewhere online but i almost never look up apps in the app store.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
If it sounds like it has what I'm looking for and I like the screenshots, I download it and try it. If it's not what I'm looking for, I delete it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbDev

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
If I find an app or game I like I will then check similar apps or clones to see if there is a version out there that might work better for me or in the case of games a version that is more fun.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods