What do you all think of the new Outlook for iOS app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
It's most likely yahoo. I see more people having issues with yahoo email than any other out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bakerboy2253

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Basically a very nice app, but no one is mentioning that the “people” or contacts is horrible. It will not sync your contacts; it will only list the most recently used. I have been in contact with MS IOS support and they suggest looking up in your phonebook/contacts and copy and paste…..really! So because you can’t access you contacts this is a big fail! You have no way to look up someone you havent sent an email to 2 months ago. I know their name, but not in contacts, it only list the most recent, NOT all people/contacts. And yes alphabetical option would be nice.

By the way for those trying to contact them go under settings in the app and click help. They are fairly fast in responding even though they couldn’t help w/ contacts

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I am pretty sure that the recently used contacts are listed on top followed by the main contact list, which is listed in alphabetical order.

I uninstalled mine for a different reason, so no way to verify.

Which email provider are you using?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Bakerboy2253

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Using outlook exchange and no unfortunately all your contact will not be listed. I went back and forth with their support team. I was amazed that it would not link to your contacts or pull my files from my existing account. And no alphabetical listing, several others have also complained about this.

Vic Rivera

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
They just released a minor update and to be honest I see no real difference.

I'm starting to think that Microsoft might start strong and I use the term loosely, and then just forget about this app as they did with all apps.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Nah. I use office and OneDrive and those apps are great with updates all the time. I'm just not feeling the email app. The native one works fine.

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Personally loving the outlook app. It has replaced the Gmail app I was using. I found the gmail app lacking. Almost night and day difference between gmail app on iOS vs android On android it was such a better app

Anyways outlook is a huge improvement over the gmail app IMO

James Trent

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a couple of questions, not sure if they've been answered or if the answers exist somewhere else.

I'd like to use this for work email, which is on Exchange.
1) Is the app passcode locked?
2) Can it alert on only certain emails?
3) Will it sync up to my existing folders in my Exchange that I use in Outlook at work?
4) Are contacts and calendar items synced to my phone, or only available in the app?
5) Do I need to add the email addresses for this app into my mail on my iPhone?

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a couple of questions, not sure if they've been answered or if the answers exist somewhere else.

I'd like to use this for work email, which is on Exchange.
1) Is the app passcode locked?
No, at least not that I recall.
2) Can it alert on only certain emails?
No
3) Will it sync up to my existing folders in my Exchange that I use in Outlook at work?
I don't know.
4) Are contacts and calendar items synced to my phone, or only available in the app?
Unless you also have Outlook configured using the native Mail app, I can't see your events syncing to your device, other than via the Outlook for iOS app, but I could be wrong.
5) Do I need to add the email addresses for this app into my mail on my iPhone?

Thanks
No

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I setup my work exchange account and since I use that email on outlook on a pc it seems to work well .. I kept my icloud on the native app .. I kind of like keeping my mail separate literally in two diff apps

W10888

Aug 9, 2008
Visit site
would love to try it, but it does not support IMAP......only for Android so far. Anyone know when IMAP will be available for iOS?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I was excited about adding files in the app only to find out if you add a file from drop box it just inserts a link vs actually attaching the file ..

headgamer

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I want to like this app, and generally do, but I am having some problems with maybe you guys have solved:

1) I cannot add my outlook.com account. I have two step verification set up, but it will not add the account Google's added fine (which also has two step verification). I go through the two step verification just fine, get to the screen that says "Let this app access your info?" yadda yadda yadda and select Yes. Then I get the error message Unable to Login. I have talked to two separate MS tech reps. One says use an app password. That does not work - I put in the app password at the login screen and it says wrong password. The other rep says turn off two step verification because the app won't add the account with it on. OUTLOOK APP WON'T ADD OUTLOOK ACCOUNT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T RECOGNIZE TWO STEP VERIFICATION THAT MICROSOFT RECOMMENDS YOU USE! I find this extremely idiotic and poor development. Have any of you solved this?

2) I have subscribed to calendars on my Google calendar, but they will not show up in the Outlook app. Anyone figured out a solution to this?

3) Finally, I have LOTS of contact on my iphone (like we all do), but they will not show up in the People section of the Outlook app. Anyone know why?

I'm getting no help from Microsoft on this.

Sean

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I want to like this app, and generally do, but I am having some problems with maybe you guys have solved:

1) I cannot add my outlook.com account. I have two step verification set up, but it will not add the account Google's added fine (which also has two step verification). I go through the two step verification just fine, get to the screen that says "Let this app access your info?" yadda yadda yadda and select Yes. Then I get the error message Unable to Login. I have talked to two separate MS tech reps. One says use an app password. That does not work - I put in the app password at the login screen and it says wrong password. The other rep says turn off two step verification because the app won't add the account with it on. OUTLOOK APP WON'T ADD OUTLOOK ACCOUNT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T RECOGNIZE TWO STEP VERIFICATION THAT MICROSOFT RECOMMENDS YOU USE! I find this extremely idiotic and poor development. Have any of you solved this?
I, too, have 2-step verification set up via my Outlook.com account, but I didn't have any problem setting up the account via the Outlook for iOS app when I had it installed. If you give me about 10 minutes, I'll re-install the app and then attempt o set up the account again.

2) I have subscribed to calendars on my Google calendar, but they will not show up in the Outlook app. Anyone figured out a solution to this?
I don't have a Google account to test it out for you.

3) Finally, I have LOTS of contact on my iphone (like we all do), but they will not show up in the People section of the Outlook app. Anyone know why?

Sean
Prior to uninstalling the app, the contacts that were being displayed were recent contacts, and from what I gathered, there was not an option to view ALL of your contacts. Maybe that'll change with an upcoming update.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was able to successfully install and configure my Outlook.com account via the Outlook for iOS app like I had previously. I didn't do anything differently. I used the Outllook.com option instead of the Exchange option, enter my username and regular passcode. It then prompted me for the last 4 digits of my associated phone number, it sent me the verification code, and when I entered it, it began setting up my account within the app.

Bakerboy2253

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site

No fix for this yet, I had the same complaint. "People" is only most recently used names, NOT all your contacts.
The support team suggested I go into my contacts and copy and paste email address and then they will show up.

I like the app, but if the people/contacts cant do "all", then no need for the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods