Has anyone figured out how to delete contacts from the people tab. I don't have exchange, just gmail and Yahoo.
    I don't think you can.
    02-09-2015 09:40 PM
    I have a couple of questions, not sure if they've been answered or if the answers exist somewhere else.

I'd like to use this for work email, which is on Exchange.
    1) Is the app passcode locked?
    2) Can it alert on only certain emails?
    3) Will it sync up to my existing folders in my Exchange that I use in Outlook at work?
    4) Are contacts and calendar items synced to my phone, or only available in the app?
    5) Do I need to add the email addresses for this app into my mail on my iPhone?

Thanks
    02-11-2015 10:15 AM
    I have a couple of questions, not sure if they've been answered or if the answers exist somewhere else.

I'd like to use this for work email, which is on Exchange.
    1) Is the app passcode locked?
    No, at least not that I recall.
    2) Can it alert on only certain emails?
    No
    3) Will it sync up to my existing folders in my Exchange that I use in Outlook at work?
    I don't know.
    4) Are contacts and calendar items synced to my phone, or only available in the app?
    Unless you also have Outlook configured using the native Mail app, I can't see your events syncing to your device, other than via the Outlook for iOS app, but I could be wrong.
    5) Do I need to add the email addresses for this app into my mail on my iPhone?

Thanks
    No
    James Trent likes this.
    02-11-2015 11:00 AM
    I setup my work exchange account and since I use that email on outlook on a pc it seems to work well .. I kept my icloud on the native app .. I kind of like keeping my mail separate literally in two diff apps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-11-2015 11:30 AM
    would love to try it, but it does not support IMAP......only for Android so far. Anyone know when IMAP will be available for iOS?
    02-11-2015 12:48 PM
    Is there any way to share camera roll pictures via camera roll share button to Outlook? I see only stock mail app in the list?
    02-11-2015 12:53 PM
    I was excited about adding files in the app only to find out if you add a file from drop box it just inserts a link vs actually attaching the file ..

02-11-2015 09:16 PM
    I want to like this app, and generally do, but I am having some problems with maybe you guys have solved:

1) I cannot add my outlook.com account. I have two step verification set up, but it will not add the account Google's added fine (which also has two step verification). I go through the two step verification just fine, get to the screen that says "Let this app access your info?" yadda yadda yadda and select Yes. Then I get the error message Unable to Login. I have talked to two separate MS tech reps. One says use an app password. That does not work - I put in the app password at the login screen and it says wrong password. The other rep says turn off two step verification because the app won't add the account with it on. OUTLOOK APP WON'T ADD OUTLOOK ACCOUNT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T RECOGNIZE TWO STEP VERIFICATION THAT MICROSOFT RECOMMENDS YOU USE! I find this extremely idiotic and poor development. Have any of you solved this?

2) I have subscribed to calendars on my Google calendar, but they will not show up in the Outlook app. Anyone figured out a solution to this?

3) Finally, I have LOTS of contact on my iphone (like we all do), but they will not show up in the People section of the Outlook app. Anyone know why?

I'm getting no help from Microsoft on this.

Sean
    02-20-2015 11:38 AM
    I want to like this app, and generally do, but I am having some problems with maybe you guys have solved:

1) I cannot add my outlook.com account. I have two step verification set up, but it will not add the account Google's added fine (which also has two step verification). I go through the two step verification just fine, get to the screen that says "Let this app access your info?" yadda yadda yadda and select Yes. Then I get the error message Unable to Login. I have talked to two separate MS tech reps. One says use an app password. That does not work - I put in the app password at the login screen and it says wrong password. The other rep says turn off two step verification because the app won't add the account with it on. OUTLOOK APP WON'T ADD OUTLOOK ACCOUNT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T RECOGNIZE TWO STEP VERIFICATION THAT MICROSOFT RECOMMENDS YOU USE! I find this extremely idiotic and poor development. Have any of you solved this?
    I, too, have 2-step verification set up via my Outlook.com account, but I didn't have any problem setting up the account via the Outlook for iOS app when I had it installed. If you give me about 10 minutes, I'll re-install the app and then attempt o set up the account again.

2) I have subscribed to calendars on my Google calendar, but they will not show up in the Outlook app. Anyone figured out a solution to this?
    I don't have a Google account to test it out for you.

3) Finally, I have LOTS of contact on my iphone (like we all do), but they will not show up in the People section of the Outlook app. Anyone know why?

Sean
    Prior to uninstalling the app, the contacts that were being displayed were recent contacts, and from what I gathered, there was not an option to view ALL of your contacts. Maybe that'll change with an upcoming update.
    02-20-2015 11:44 AM
    I was able to successfully install and configure my Outlook.com account via the Outlook for iOS app like I had previously. I didn't do anything differently. I used the Outllook.com option instead of the Exchange option, enter my username and regular passcode. It then prompted me for the last 4 digits of my associated phone number, it sent me the verification code, and when I entered it, it began setting up my account within the app.
    02-20-2015 12:03 PM

No fix for this yet, I had the same complaint. "People" is only most recently used names, NOT all your contacts.
    The support team suggested I go into my contacts and copy and paste email address and then they will show up.

I like the app, but if the people/contacts cant do "all", then no need for the app.
    02-20-2015 12:45 PM
    I was able to successfully install and configure my Outlook.com account via the Outlook for iOS app like I had previously. I didn't do anything differently. I used the Outllook.com option instead of the Exchange option, enter my username and regular passcode. It then prompted me for the last 4 digits of my associated phone number, it sent me the verification code, and when I entered it, it began setting up my account within the app.
    I do the EXACT same thing, and end up with this every single time:

What do you all think of the new Outlook for iOS app?-img_0105.png

FRUSTATING!
    02-20-2015 01:31 PM
    I do the EXACT same thing, and end up with this every single time:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0105.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	77729

FRUSTATING!
    I can only assume that there's a problem either with your account or via the method in which you're trying to connect. Uninstall the app, reboot your iPhone, and then re-download the app and try again. Also, configure the account via the Native Mail app to see if you're successful.
    02-20-2015 03:07 PM
    It's unfortunate you can't clear the cache or individually delete "People" you've emailed once and don't need to save their info. And where are contacts from mail accounts added to the app. It is a promising improvement to Safari browser access to webmail, but I prefer to keep the native iOS exclusively for corporate account and it's nice to have an alternate client/app for Outlook.com and Gmail accounts.
    03-14-2015 07:20 PM
    I love the outlook app, it has replaced Gmail as my go to email client.
    03-17-2015 03:05 AM
    Looks like latest update fix some of the issues and added "All" people/contacts. Now will actually give the app a real try.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-17-2015 05:36 PM
    Looks like latest update fix some of the issues and added "All" people/contacts. Now will actually give the app a real try.
    Post some feedback when you have the time...
    03-17-2015 05:54 PM
    So far so good, I have slowly switched over to the outlook app. The nice part is that how everything is together, email, calendar and people/contacts, it even pre-downloads attachments into a folder. I am not flipping from one app to another app for appointments/calendar events or to make a phone call. If I really want to pick at the app, I would say the color of the “type” is not true black, it kind of has a gray tint, so my 51 year old eyes, like the look of the native app only because it’s a little easier to read.

When attaching a picture, the native app, actually keeps it as a attachment, the outlook app, embeds it into the email. The native also allows you to pick/change the size of the file, outlook doesn't. Not really a big deal on either.

So far I’m digging it!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-18-2015 03:06 PM
    Thumbs up works the way I like. I don't allow apps to automatically update when connected to wifi so I should be good for while. Lessons learned

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-23-2015 09:51 PM
    Seems like a lot of hassle to me. I'll stick with the stock mail app.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    03-24-2015 12:37 AM
    I'm undecided. Sometimes I like it more, sometimes less. It seems a bit sluggish at times on my 5, but not awful. I don't like that I can't set the poll rate for non-push accounts (or I'm blind). I had my gmail account in it for a while, but removed it because it started getting login errors even though nothing had changed with the account or the app config. I may try again to see if the recent updates resolved that.
    03-24-2015 01:22 AM
    I run three email apps on my phone.

Outlook for my email address I use to sign up to whatever I need online, and that's the one that would get in excess of fifty spam emails a day if I didn't have filters in place.

Gmail for my work email and work email alone, and

The native mail app for my personal email address.

That way I won't accidentally send work email from my personal email address and vice versa, like I did in the past before I separated them, and because of that, some work clients have my personal email address, which annoys the hell out of me.

I will never again use just one mail app.

I quite like the new Outlook app and I'd use it for other addresses if I didn't want to separate them out, as above.
    03-24-2015 01:31 AM
    I was excited about adding files in the app only to find out if you add a file from drop box it just inserts a link vs actually attaching the file ..

Agree, I had the same expectation. Having the option to insert a link is more than the native Mail app can do, but not quite the same as attaching a file. Maybe the capability to attach files to a message (new or a reply) in Outlook or the native Mail app will arrive one of these years.
    03-24-2015 07:34 AM
    Is there a way to remove or hide the email contacts under the people tab? With the last update I got my contacts from all three email addresses dumped all together. Thanks!

04-01-2015 03:53 PM
    Is there a way to remove or hide the email contacts under the people tab? With the last update I got my contacts from all three email addresses dumped all together. Thanks!

I had the same issue. I had been communicating with tech support regarding a problem with the Outlook app syncing with my iCloud email account, and also asked him about the ability to enable/disable Contacts on a per account basis. He said he submitted the feature request to the development team.
    04-02-2015 07:56 AM
81 1234