What do you all think of the new Outlook for iOS app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Promising! Crying out for a dark theme though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been talking to the folks at CloudMagic about a dark theme. To my knowledge, there is no email client with that option. They said something similar is in the works. I'd love an email with a dark theme.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Been using it for about a day. I use a Google Exchange(are they still called that?) and the ability to quickly add to the calendar is AWESOME!

I'm thinking this will become my go-to email app.

Cheers!

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Liking it very much. Using it for work purposes and it's helped a lot already. Nice UI as well.

tack

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I like it a lot. And by the way, Microsoft admitted that it was exactly a copy of the old app with new branding, but they promised they would be updating the app very soon with new features.

douglaswilson

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I like this app as well but what do you do with the stock app if you only want to use the outlook app? Someone said they turned off the stock app but don't know how to do that.

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I just removed all mail accounts except yahoo. Regarding iCloud tho I went to the iCloud settings and kept notes contacts etc enabled but switched off mail.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I like this app as well but what do you do with the stock app if you only want to use the outlook app? Someone said they turned off the stock app but don't know how to do that.

Go into the settings and emails accounts and click off the email toggle.

Rnkriis

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Ive been using this app as i have an exchange account for work and it works really well. Most people don't relize that if you tap on the month at the top of the screen when in calendar view it does give you the month view and not just the day view or agenda view. Also, it really nice being able to attach files or pics when you compossing an email instead of having to go to the file or pic first.

I see a lot of good things coming in the future for this app.

Just my 2 cents.....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ive been using this app as i have an exchange account for work and it works really well. Most people don't relize that if you tap on the month at the top of the screen when in calendar view it does give you the month view and not just the day view or agenda view. Also, it really nice being able to attach files or pics when you compossing an email instead of having to go to the file or pic first.

Just my 2 cents.....

I agree. I, too, like using this app, although I only have my Outlook.com account configured with it. A few more useful features could make me use it as my overall Mail app. Time will tell...;)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Also, it really nice being able to attach files or pics when you compossing an email instead of having to go to the file or pic first.
In the stock mail app, you can insert a photo or video within the mail compose window... tap/hold... the edit options appear... tap the arrow on the right end of the box... the Insert photo or video option is revealed...

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Just my 2 cents.....

I like the idea of being able to attach files while composing but I am not finding an option to attach from Pages or Numbers, only from One Drive etc, am I missing something?

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I like the idea of being able to attach files while composing but I am not finding an option to attach from Pages or Numbers, only from One Drive etc, am I missing something?

No. You are not missing anything. There is no support for any of the iWork apps, at least from what I can tell.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Maybe this is a bug or something, but I added a new calendar in Google and I did in on the desktop. The calendar shows up everywhere but will NOT activate and go visible in Outlook. I see the calendar listed but it won't toggle on and stay on.

Rnkriis

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site

Like JustMe'D said, no support for those apps right now.

Rnkriis

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
In the stock mail app, you can insert a photo or video within the mail compose window... tap/hold... the edit options appear... tap the arrow on the right end of the box... the Insert photo or video option is revealed...

I knew you could do that with Pics and Video but i use my phone mainly for work and i have to update documents on the go and this is where the app, i feel, really comes in handy.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I'd like it fine if I could get all of my email hooked up. It will not let connect to one of my yahoo accounts, what's wrong?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro