Best apps for biking (city and mtn biking)??

cpolism

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Any fellow mtn bikers out there starting to migrate over to cell use instead of GPS/comp components? With all the new cases (quad lock and Rokform) coming out with this handlebar lock technology, I figured now would be a great time to start using my phone instead.

It looks like Strava, Wahoo, and Runtastic Cycle are top of the list. Any preferences out there?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Do you participate in any biking forums? They might be discussing this in one of those and you might find what you're looking for...

Saukrateaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I use strava to keep the rides competitive. Ive used endomondo in the past, and its great but doesnt create the competition that strava does. MTBproject is an app that has tons of downloadable maps of local trails in your area. lower end apps like mapmyride are good for basic gps functions while trolling around. Im not sure what type of riding youre doing, but even with a good case, putting your phone on your handlebars is never a good idea. Even a slight fall can crush it. If youre sleighing the trails 1 wash out and your stuck hurt with a busted leg AND a busted phone. Keep it in the pack while riding. start the gps before you start and pack it away safe.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner