Is there a Mail app that is as good as blackberry?

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone is there a email app that is as good as what you would get on BB I can't take these apps I have tested so far they are not real time don't delete from the servers shows up on computer as new when i read it on the iPhone i just need something that can combine all of my mail boxes and perform great. Thanks everyone.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Mail app as good as blackberry?

Stock app does everything you're asking for, not sure what the problem is.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I doubt you will find an iOS email app that is on par with that of Blackberry. Besides, we are unaware of the apps you've tested. Having said that, the numerous email apps that are available in the App Store are very good, in my opinion. They all come with pros and cons, so you will have to find the one that meets your needs better than the rest and then go with it.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Up until a year ago we had some BB users at work and I would say that the iPhone email was no doubt better than the BB email without a BES.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure they are the exact same. The both can handle Exchange, SMTP and IMAP services. But who knows, I know my mountains are not the bluest...

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

the stock app doesn't always load the details just the text BB would load the entire email all you get is a little blue box like a plug in is missing however on BB you would get load external images and the entire email would populate as it was meant is there a fix for this?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Mail app as good as blackberry?

My favorite email client is CloudMagic. I'm just waiting for them to add a dark theme.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

the stock app doesn't always load the details just the text BB would load the entire email all you get is a little blue box like a plug in is missing however on BB you would get load external images and the entire email would populate as it was meant is there a fix for this?

That's fixable by enabling the "Load Remote Images" option in the Mail Settings.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Mail app as good as blackberry?

I use a BlackBerry Q10 and an iPhone 6 and a Note 4. Each loads images if you allow for them to load. All that is needed is to click on Load Images.

I have selected Load Remote Images on my iPhone 6 and every time I open an email the images are there.

View attachment 75798

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Hi everyone is there a email app that is as good as what you would get on BB I can't take these apps I have tested so far they are not real time don't delete from the servers shows up on computer as new when i read it on the iPhone i just need something that can combine all of my mail boxes and perform great. Thanks everyone.

What email client are you using? If Gmail, the app shows when they are read both on the device and on computers. Also the apple mail app works pretty well. Need more information though.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

What email client are you using? If Gmail, the app shows when they are read both on the device and on computers. Also the apple mail app works pretty well. Need more information though.

I am currently using the apple email client

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com

if you're having problems such as email not syncing, not marking as read on all platforms, etc... sounds like you may be using POP3 email?

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

^^^Yes, if you (nokia4life) can switch to IMAP from POP3. ct1wbw as hinting at this as well. IMAP allows changes in one device to reflect on the other, and makes it easier to keep all mailboxes in sync.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

One thing I hated about BB10 was that it didn't auto-fit the e-mail after opening them. You had to zoom in to read the e-mails. Anyone know if this is still the case?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

Except for the speed of notifications not being as good as BB and an occasional quirkiness with some IMAP, the stock mail compares well. Some report GMAIL issues. Works fine for me.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Except for the speed of notifications not being as good as BB and an occasional quirkiness with some IMAP, the stock mail compares well. Some report GMAIL issues. Works fine for me.

On my Hotmail account I get email in exactly the same frequency as BB10. And I mean exactly the same. Perhaps there is a nanosecond difference but I can't measure that.

On Gmail there is a delay as there is for all nongrandfathered Gmail accounts.

The only squirreliness is on Yahoo but that's a throwaway account for junk. Same thing on my Android, BB10, iOS, and WP.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox