Any other apps for viewing forums on mobile other than Tapatalk? There must be other quality apps??
    Thank You,
    Vinny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-30-2014 02:11 PM
    The iMore app...
    12-30-2014 02:16 PM
    Have it, I mean to view many different forums under one app. I think you know what I mean.
    Thank You,
    Vinny

12-30-2014 02:45 PM
    Any other apps for viewing forums on mobile other than Tapatalk? There must be other quality apps??
    Thank You,
    Vinny

Forum Runner
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/foru...mUvbUpU2425895
    12-30-2014 02:58 PM
    If you have a working version of Tapatalk that you are happy with (3.2.1 did it for me), you can install it and never be bothered with a forced update again. It takes a few steps, but really is simple to do:

Hah the modified iTunesMetadata.plist hack works. You may not even have to be jailbroken to do this. This makes it so if you have the old version of Tapatalk you can install it without the App Store bugging you to update.

1. Find the old Tapatalk in your iTunes. Right click, show in windows explorer.
    2. Make a copy of this file outside of this folder just in case.
    3. Then make another copy of it on your desktop. Make sure you have file extensions on so you can see the .ipa extension.
    4. Change the .ipa extension to .zip and extract the folder
    5. Download a plist viewer. I downloaded the free lite version from plist Editor - reading and edit plist files for Windows. On my Mac, I use Tincta, but any editor that is compatible with .plist files will work fine.
    6. Open the folder you extracted and open the iTunesMetadata.plist with the plist editor.
    7. Search for itemId and change the number inside the <integer> </integer> tags to anything. I just put 321. Save the file.
    8. Zip the contents of that folder back up. Change the file extension back from .zip to .ipa.
    9. Delete Tapatalk from your iOS device first. Double click the new .ipa file you just made and iTunes will ask if you want to replace it. Hit yes and drag it onto your phone.

App store will no longer bug you about updating Tapatalk ever again! (See screenshot below - no option to Update or Open).

If an update comes out that you do wish to install just delete the app and re-download from the app store.

Attachment 74576
    zerog46, BlazingGold and ladyc0524 like this.
    12-30-2014 03:40 PM
    Thank You very much, will give it a try.
    Vinny

12-30-2014 08:53 PM
    I hate it. I liked the way it used to show unread forum activity. Now it's impossible. I'm not using It anymore. Go back to that old look and il keep it.
    12-30-2014 09:33 PM
    I hate it. I liked the way it used to show unread forum activity. Now it's impossible. I'm not using It anymore. Go back to that old look and il keep it.
    It still has an Unread view. It's the middle button under the big forum banner.
    12-31-2014 08:46 AM
    I'm downloading the pro right now as we speak. Don't really the nee update at all. Oh! What is this?

Sent from my Gold 5S using Tapatalk
    01-01-2015 05:39 AM
    When I try to share an article, I click on share and select mail, it comes up but it doesn't bring in the keyboard. I save it as a draft then go too my mail and bring that draft up that I saved, guess what now I have a keyboard. I can't get the keyboard to come up while in Tapatalk when trying to share as mail our anything else. What's wrong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-01-2015 08:09 AM
    The app hasn't been updated in years.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-02-2015 07:01 PM
    In the next day or two tapatalk are releasing an update based on user feedback.. they tweeted this yesterday

01-03-2015 03:05 AM
    In the next day or two tapatalk are releasing an update based on user feedback.. they tweeted this yesterday

Wow really?!?! I wonder what we'll get back.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    01-21-2015 04:31 AM
    I'm still using 2.something and plan to go to an even older version I have backed up. I wish I had backed up the last paid 1.x version before they made it free.
    03-24-2015 01:11 AM