Tapatalk app ??

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Any other apps for viewing forums on mobile other than Tapatalk? There must be other quality apps??
Thank You,
Vinny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Have it, I mean to view many different forums under one app. I think you know what I mean.
Thank You,
Vinny

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
If you have a working version of Tapatalk that you are happy with (3.2.1 did it for me), you can install it and never be bothered with a forced update again. It takes a few steps, but really is simple to do:

Hah the modified iTunesMetadata.plist hack works. You may not even have to be jailbroken to do this. This makes it so if you have the old version of Tapatalk you can install it without the App Store bugging you to update.

1. Find the old Tapatalk in your iTunes. Right click, show in windows explorer.
  2. Make a copy of this file outside of this folder just in case.
  3. Then make another copy of it on your desktop. Make sure you have file extensions on so you can see the .ipa extension.
  4. Change the .ipa extension to .zip and extract the folder
  5. Download a plist viewer. I downloaded the free lite version from plist Editor - reading and edit plist files for Windows. On my Mac, I use Tincta, but any editor that is compatible with .plist files will work fine.
  6. Open the folder you extracted and open the iTunesMetadata.plist with the plist editor.
  7. Search for itemId and change the number inside the <integer> </integer> tags to anything. I just put 321. Save the file.
  8. Zip the contents of that folder back up. Change the file extension back from .zip to .ipa.
  9. Delete Tapatalk from your iOS device first. Double click the new .ipa file you just made and iTunes will ask if you want to replace it. Hit yes and drag it onto your phone.
App store will no longer bug you about updating Tapatalk ever again! (See screenshot below - no option to Update or Open).

If an update comes out that you do wish to install just delete the app and re-download from the app store.

View attachment 74576

pearlyrob

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I hate it. I liked the way it used to show unread forum activity. Now it's impossible. I'm not using It anymore. Go back to that old look and il keep it.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm downloading the pro right now as we speak. Don't really the nee update at all. Oh! What is this?

Sent from my Gold 5S using Tapatalk

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
When I try to share an article, I click on share and select mail, it comes up but it doesn't bring in the keyboard. I save it as a draft then go too my mail and bring that draft up that I saved, guess what now I have a keyboard. I can't get the keyboard to come up while in Tapatalk when trying to share as mail our anything else. What's wrong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
In the next day or two tapatalk are releasing an update based on user feedback.. they tweeted this yesterday :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
In the next day or two tapatalk are releasing an update based on user feedback.. they tweeted this yesterday :)

Wow really?!?! I wonder what we'll get back.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm still using 2.something and plan to go to an even older version I have backed up. I wish I had backed up the last paid 1.x version before they made it free.

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Help! The newer vesion of Tapatalk doesn't let you post higher res photos anymore!!! This sucks. How do I find an older version of Tapatalk for IOS? this is driving me nuts. I updated and now can't go back. Funny how in the update notes they mention NOTHING about reducing the size of the images you can post!!!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Help! The newer vesion of Tapatalk doesn't let you post higher res photos anymore!!! This sucks. How do I find an older version of Tapatalk for IOS? this is driving me nuts. I updated and now can't go back. Funny how in the update notes they mention NOTHING about reducing the size of the images you can post!!!

Now I don't mean to sound like a commercial, but people still want the best but don't want to pay for it.

Images, no matter how small, take up space. Just think of all the forums that are using TapaTalk. Even though you are posting images in a specific forum, you are still using their space. And that space costs money to maintain.

So you have a few choices. You can visit all your favorite sites via a computer or mobile browner and not have to worry about it. You can also use every forum app available and again, not have to worry about it. Those are your free options.

Only other option is to become a VIP member with TapaTalk. Yep, it costs money but app developers need to get paid for their services.

And before you reply with "I'm not paying for it", then don't pay for it and keep using the limited version of TT, use every forum app you visit or use a computer or mobile browser.

Those are your options.

Do I like this change? No. But devs put in a lot of time and effort in their projects and server space isn't cheap. Most all apps are going to a yearly subscription plan.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Now I don't mean to sound like a commercial, but people still want the best but don't want to pay for it.

Images, no matter how small, take up space. Just think of all the forums that are using TapaTalk. Even though you are posting images in a specific forum, you are still using their space. And that space costs money to maintain.

So you have a few choices. You can visit all your favorite sites via a computer or mobile browner and not have to worry about it. You can also use every forum app available and again, not have to worry about it. Those are your free options.

Only other option is to become a VIP member with TapaTalk. Yep, it costs money but app developers need to get paid for their services.

And before you reply with "I'm not paying for it", then don't pay for it and keep using the limited version of TT, use every forum app you visit or use a computer or mobile browser.

Those are your options.

Do I like this change? No. But devs put in a lot of time and effort in their projects and server space isn't cheap. Most all apps are going to a yearly subscription plan.

True, but what paid for about 8 times ten years ago was a better app. I now have a fraction of the functionality, ads, and restrictions. Then they have the gall to ask to pay again. If they return the functionality from ten years ago, I would gladly pay again.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
True, but what paid for about 8 times ten years ago was a better app. I now have a fraction of the functionality, ads, and restrictions. Then they have the gall to ask to pay again. If they return the functionality from ten years ago, I would gladly pay again.

That is understandable!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Like others say, you can use a forum's own app, if available. Or post online. iMore has the iMore forums app. But the larger images in it get posted at a slightly lower resolution than in TapaTalk with VIP. I suggest going with the lifetime VIP for $14.99. It's the best option in the long run. VIP also has a giphy option for gifs.

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank for the reply! The particular forum doesn't have any mobile software. But what I really want to do is get me old version back that didn't have this restriction. I was fully happy with the old app, until I updated it 2 weeks ago, now I'm screwed for posting higher res images. How can I get an older version of Tapatalk on my iphone. This is messed up to update and app where they don't tell you ahead of time of what they took away.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR