Tapatalk update

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This seems to be the case on all Mobile Nations/Future Forums. People are randomly experiencing issues with Tapatalk. Not everyone is experiencing issues. One of our forum administrators has looked into this and has verified that the issue is on Tapatalk’s end and not on the forums’ end.

Who are you replying to?
They always say it's a TapaTalk issue. The problem I had was only on the Future/MoNa forums. Other forums on TapaTalk, like MacRumors, did not have the issue. Something simply doesn’t work well with the Future/MoNa forums on TapaTalk. It's like the broken images issue. Only happens on the Future/MoNa forums. Does not happen on other forums. Future/MoNa admins blame TapaTalk. TapaTalk says it's a Future/MoNa issue. Instead of playing the blame game, why can't they get together, locate the problems, and fix it? If everything is always a TapaTalk issue, then why don't I see those issues on other forums? The broken images issue is also on the iMore forums app.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I’m experiencing an issue posting photos using the Tapatalk app. I get a message that says “profile missing, to share photo to this forum please create a Tapatalk account”.
I’ve been using Tapatalk for several years. Anyone else notice this?

I haven't seen that issue. My issue was a "permissions" issue. Fixed it by logging in manually with iMore username and password. Have you tried that?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
My patience with Tapatalk has worn out. I have the pro version, and it’s still buggy as heck. It is back to being unusable. It keeps telling me to log in, but it will not let me do that.
So I am back to the web version of iMore.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My patience with Tapatalk has worn out. I have the pro version, and it’s still buggy as heck. It is back to being unusable. It keeps telling me to log in, but it will not let me do that.

I have the Pro version as well. I agree with you 100% Tapatalk is garbage right now. I might have to try the web version.

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I have the Pro version as well. I agree with you 100% Tapatalk is garbage right now. I might have to try the web version.

Tapatalk’s servers are garbage. They can’t keep up with the load and haven’t been able to for several months. That’s why there are several hour delays for posts showing up in the app and on their servers.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

What do you see when it asks you to log in?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
The servers are fine, the service is fine. If these issues persisted cross platform and effected everyone I would agree it’s a server issue. It does not though. I only have the permission issue on iOS. I only have slower load times occasionally on iOS. I have zero of these issues on Tapatalk for Android. I do believe these are things Tapatalk need fo address for iOS, though I believe the root cause is iOS itself rather than anything Tapatalk or Future/Mobile Nations is doing.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

What’s odd with Tapatalk. I follow iMore, Wranglerforum, and MacRumors. iMore seems to be the only one I am having an issue with, where I have to use the web version.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
The servers are fine, the service is fine. If these issues persisted cross platform and effected everyone I would agree it’s a server issue. It does not though. I only have the permission issue on iOS. I only have slower load times occasionally on iOS. I have zero of these issues on Tapatalk for Android. I do believe these are things Tapatalk need fo address for iOS, though I believe the root cause is iOS itself rather than anything Tapatalk or Future/Mobile Nations is doing.

It could still be a server-side issue.

I recall a couple of years ago, Apple put secure communication requirements for apps. If the responding server does not meet the minimum requirements, the connection would fail. Or it could be a version mismatch, or many other factors.

I can’t say for certain that’s what is going on here. Only people that have access to the servers and logs will be able to make that determination.

I really hope that the ICT people from Future/Mobile Nations and Tapatalk sit down together, and try to figure it out.

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site

I’m not talking about Mobile Nation’s servers, I’m talking about Tapatalk. Go to their support forums and you’ll see huge complaint threads. They’ve been having problems for at least 6 months now that affect more forums than just iMore.

This specific issue that people are having here is new, but there are systemic problems over at Tapatalk.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It could still be a server-side issue.

I recall a couple of years ago, Apple put secure communication requirements for apps. If the responding server does not meet the minimum requirements, the connection would fail. Or it could be a version mismatch, or many other factors.

I can’t say for certain that’s what is going on here. Only people that have access to the servers and logs will be able to make that determination.

I really hope that the ICT people from Future/Mobile Nations and Tapatalk sit down together, and try to figure it out.

Usually when it's a server issue, it also affects the iMore forums app, since it's a TapaTalk app. The "permissions" issue I had was only on TapaTalk. The iMore forums app worked fine. It's just all kind of weird.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’m not talking about Mobile Nation’s servers, I’m talking about Tapatalk. Go to their support forums and you’ll see huge complaint threads. They’ve been having problems for at least 6 months now that affect more forums than just iMore.

This specific issue that people are having here is new, but there are systemic problems over at Tapatalk.
I'm also talking about Tapatalk servers. As @Ledsteplin mentioned, the issue here does not affect the iMore Forums app, which is Tapatalk, just specifically for iMore. The issue also does not persist on Android. That makes this an iOS specific issue. If it were a Tapatalk server issue, it should effect at least one of the other areas.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods