Tapatalk update

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
The latest beta has a really annoying “feature” that pops up a giant “Give Kin” popup on entering and leaving threads. There is a check box to disable showing that again, but it doesn’t actually work. They will come back in about a day.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well I got off the beta (for several reasons) but do see the Kin stuff. Don't really get it, but whatever.

I have come to understand that Tapatalk update = something just broke. :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It's about time. Thanks for a real Dark Mode Tapatalk
06c186648f138d92141d126ec84d200f.jpg

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Your screenshot appears a quite a bit darker. I am Tapatalk version 8.3.1 ( July 9) I have not seen an 'iMore update' for quite some time though. My iMore itself is set through its 'in app settings' to 'Night Reading Mode'.
I suspect the 'really black' you have is with your iOS 13 Beta - I'll hold on until the public release in Sept ( or maybe Oct, or maybe.....)

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
OK - solved - I Googled Tapatalk to try to get a new download link -got one -updated my App- and voila - a rich black screen which is real class- I'd think my app store update ( like many) got caught enroute in the Bermuda Triangle . I'm now showing version 8.3.5......

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I checked the native iMore Forums App - it hasn't been updated in iOS app store for more than a year & it remains 'sort of dark chocolate' when 'Night Reading' mode is selected. I hardly use it though and have relegated it to a folder of backups & workarounds and it's on Wifi only as opposed to my usual use of Tapatalk for entry to my forums... I just 'grin & bear it' with the 'kin stuff' which gets presented from time to time. I thought I'd inhibited it ( do not show.......) but apparently not so. Haven't lost a snore in my sleep over it though

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
No OLED, No Beta, but I got the black screen by updating Tapatalk, although I had to do it 'back-door' as my App-Store, though set to auto-update, hadn't yet. But this isn't unusual here in coconut country.

Last edited:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I’ve been using the Tapatalk Pro version with the brownish gray dark mode. I just downloaded this new update and I like the black dark mode much better.

What is the difference between the pro version and the “original” versions anyway?