Tapatalk update

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
The latest beta has a really annoying “feature” that pops up a giant “Give Kin” popup on entering and leaving threads. There is a check box to disable showing that again, but it doesn’t actually work. They will come back in about a day.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well I got off the beta (for several reasons) but do see the Kin stuff. Don't really get it, but whatever.

I have come to understand that Tapatalk update = something just broke. :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It's about time. Thanks for a real Dark Mode Tapatalk
06c186648f138d92141d126ec84d200f.jpg

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Your screenshot appears a quite a bit darker. I am Tapatalk version 8.3.1 ( July 9) I have not seen an 'iMore update' for quite some time though. My iMore itself is set through its 'in app settings' to 'Night Reading Mode'.
I suspect the 'really black' you have is with your iOS 13 Beta - I'll hold on until the public release in Sept ( or maybe Oct, or maybe.....)

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
OK - solved - I Googled Tapatalk to try to get a new download link -got one -updated my App- and voila - a rich black screen which is real class- I'd think my app store update ( like many) got caught enroute in the Bermuda Triangle . I'm now showing version 8.3.5......

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I checked the native iMore Forums App - it hasn't been updated in iOS app store for more than a year & it remains 'sort of dark chocolate' when 'Night Reading' mode is selected. I hardly use it though and have relegated it to a folder of backups & workarounds and it's on Wifi only as opposed to my usual use of Tapatalk for entry to my forums... I just 'grin & bear it' with the 'kin stuff' which gets presented from time to time. I thought I'd inhibited it ( do not show.......) but apparently not so. Haven't lost a snore in my sleep over it though

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
No OLED, No Beta, but I got the black screen by updating Tapatalk, although I had to do it 'back-door' as my App-Store, though set to auto-update, hadn't yet. But this isn't unusual here in coconut country.

Last edited:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I’ve been using the Tapatalk Pro version with the brownish gray dark mode. I just downloaded this new update and I like the black dark mode much better.

What is the difference between the pro version and the “original” versions anyway?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox