Tapatalk update

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone on the beta like the merging of the Home and Groups tabs? I don't. I like my Groups section in list form with the tabs at the bottom. They just Can't leave well enough alone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone on the beta like the merging of the Home and Groups tabs? I don't. I like my Groups section in list form with the tabs at the bottom. They just Can't leave well enough alone.

I downloaded the update about a half hour ago, but I haven’t paid any attention to what has changed. I’m actually watching college football, but I’ll be sure to look over the section you mentioned.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I don’t mind the update too much. I keep my groups in grid form, but I can see how this update would be annoying.

They almost got it right, but they kept the feed in. The feed needs to go away.

They should just call it home, not feed. They should also limit how many topics that show because that list is extra long.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I don’t mind the update too much. I keep my groups in grid form, but I can see how this update would be annoying.

They should just call it home, not feed. They should also limit how many topics that show because that list is extra long.

I’ve hated the feed for years since they disabled the ability to remove it. I never use, I don’t want it, and I hate the notification icons it creates. All Tapatalk seems to want to do is remove more customization and force the worst parts of the app on us.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I’ve hated the feed for years since they disabled the ability to remove it. I never use, I don’t want it, and I hate the notification icons it creates. All Tapatalk seems to want to do is remove more customization and force the worst parts of the app on us.

I understand!! I wonder where they’re getting feedback from.

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea why, but Tapatalk removed the option to choose the push notification sound and hard coded Tapatalk to use the Twitter notification sound.

It’s like they are trying to find ways to annoy their users.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea why, but Tapatalk removed the option to choose the push notification sound and hard coded Tapatalk to use the Twitter notification sound.

It’s like they are trying to find ways to annoy their users.

Yeah Tapatalk’s definition of improving their app is removing useful features or changing things for no apparent reason.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Five dollars for every time I’ve heard this being used with companies and their updates. I’d be richer than Trump.

Well Tapatalk is no exception. They had some really nice mod tools and they removed many of them making most of their mod tools virtually unusable. On iPad they had a cool split pane view (thread listing on the left, current thread on the right) in landscape that they scratched as well.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Every now and again, I let the devs know how I feel even though I know it’ll do nothing.

a8437ca8a1be0ca8ffa8fbc076a914fa.jpg

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Well Tapatalk is no exception. They had some really nice mod tools and they removed many of them making most of their mod tools virtually unusable. On iPad they had a cool split pane view (thread listing on the left, current thread on the right) in landscape that they scratched as well.

I really miss the split pane view.