Tapatalk update

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed when you "like" a post, If there are 3 likes and you make it 4, your like doesn't stick? It reverts back to 3 likes and your name in the like list goes away. But the thumbs up remains lit. They say it's a forum like plug in issue. Not sure who's to fix it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
TapaTalk says iMore needs to update their plug in.
d82c8105e0874b8e9e1dfc8a4f8271fe.png

http://forums.imore.com/mobiquo/mobiquo.php

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
This is the only app I'm having issues with in TestFlight while using iOS 10 betas 1 and 2. TestFlight refuses to update Tapatalk. It's stuck and greyed out when I tap the button. In fact, it's never given me the prompt to update, just always shows the updating circle icon. Other TestFlight apps update without issue. I've tried the following with negative results:

1. Deleting the app and trying again. TestFlight still shows the circle icon greyed out.

2. Install the App Store version, then try to update. Same as above.

3. Clear the apps cache through iOS/iCloud. Same as above.

Anyone have this issue with Tapatalk or any other app? I'm unable to resolve this.

c21ba5c9b4daee39411f7478e5af5b0c.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is the only app I'm having issues with in TestFlight while using iOS 10 betas 1 and 2. TestFlight refuses to update Tapatalk. It's stuck and greyed out when I tap the button. In fact, it's never given me the prompt to update, just always shows the updating circle icon. Other TestFlight apps update without issue. I've tried the following with negative results:

1. Deleting the app and trying again. TestFlight still shows the circle icon greyed out.

2. Install the App Store version, then try to update. Same as above.

3. Clear the apps cache through iOS/iCloud. Same as above.

Anyone have this issue with Tapatalk or any other app? I'm unable to resolve this.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160718/c21ba5c9b4daee39411f7478e5af5b0c.png

I haven't had this issue. I install the beta on 3 phones. Occasionally slow to download, but not what you see. Try signing out of TapaTalk. Delete the app. Then do a hard reset.
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
Try downloading the beta again. Then sign in.
If that doesn't work, then you would probably need to restore your phone as new. But since that's the only app with the issue, it's hardly worth the trouble.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It appears they have tied all notifications to the red dot in the upper right corner. It was just PMs. I find this annoying. There's top many notifications. This means there is always a red dot there and you can't tell what it's for. Before, I knew I had a PM. Now, it could be anything. I don't even use those notifications.
c257175f91304530cced36139f9f5c38.jpg

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Random question Ledsteplin, but what is the negative number next to the VRW? I am assuming that means Verizon Wireless, but I've always wanted to know why there are numbers next to logos on some carriers.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Random question Ledsteplin, but what is the negative number next to the VRW? I am assuming that means Verizon Wireless, but I've always wanted to know why there are numbers next to logos on some carriers.

Those number represent the signal strength in terms of actual decibels instead of a bar graph. You can alter the indicator by putting your device in field test mode.

http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-articles/271233-guide-signal-strength-changing-dots-decibels.html

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone on the beta? I can't get iMore. When I tap on iMore in the TapaTalk Home screen, I get this.
43c2d7f579c129e2cbe9c8098471ce19.png

Anyone else?
Update: It's fixed!

Last edited:

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
This app has gone totally downhill. They have made it worse over the last few months and have horrible customer service. Why does my feed populate with stuff when I specifically have it turned OFF FOR EVERY FORUM. Why do I get constant notifications for a friggin forum chat (Watchuseek) when I don't even subscribe to or never even used their chat. All settings for that forum are OFF and I still get notifications. Other people complain of the same exact thing in that chat. How about instead of making huge advertisements in the app, the size of their egos, you fix the damn app? And I can't believe they want people to pay $5 year or $15 for lifetime and they cant even get your app together right. I have to totally unfollow a whole forum because they can't figure out how to make the app turn off notifications I've already turned off or unsubscribed from. Absolutely horrible.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Anyone update to the latest version today?

It no longer puts the Stickies into a "Stickies" section. Now all the sticky threads are visible. I thought there was a setting for this but can't find it.

I hope they weren't stupid enough to remove that setting.

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone update to the latest version today?

It no longer puts the Stickies into a "Stickies" section. Now all the sticky threads are visible. I thought there was a setting for this but can't find it.

I hope they weren't stupid enough to remove that setting.

I just updated a few minutes ago. Not sure how I feel about this yet.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get rid of this recommended nonsense at the bottom? I paid for VIP. I'll pay again if it gets rid of the ads.
937ab3161a74d3264ae335007a81d960.png

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Good question, and hopefully, disabling recommendations in the notification settings will get rid of it for you. I'm not using the pro version on my iPhone either and I'm not seeing anything like that.

IMG_0103.JPG

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods