Tapatalk update

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
It will if you use it a lot. But so does many other apps. Like Facebook, Twitter, and others. Even my SwiftKey keyboard app uses battery. But it's not anything I worry about. I try to enjoy my phone. Odds are the battery will last until I upgrade next year. So, no worries! My TapaTalk shows 25% of my battery usage in the last 24 hours. Sounds about right. I'm on it a lot. Now if I were only on TapaTalk for 10 minutes and it showed 25%, then I'd worry.

Hmmmn....I m not on tapatalk a lot but batt usage is 25%..I think because it's set to push notifications and to update every 30 mins...I m going to change these settings and see if usage changes!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmn....I m not on tapatalk a lot but batt usage is 25%..I think because it's set to push notifications and to update every 30 mins...I m going to change these settings and see if usage changes!

Might help. 25% may mean nothing if your not on your phone much in general. So if you're only using your phone 2 hours out of the day and only 30 minutes on TapaTalk, that's 25%. LOL

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just turn off my notifications on tapatalk. It drains pretty quite a bit!

I never have used push notifications for TapaTalk. All push notifications use battery. Even mail. But unless you plan to use your device longer than 2 years, there's no point being concerned about it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Turned off push notifications for tapatalk battery usage dropped to 12%

Keep in mind that % is for the previous 24 hours. So you may not have used TapaTalk as much during that time in relation to other apps. I don't put much stock in that battery usage list. I rarely look at it. If you really want to minimize your battery usage, do these things:
1. Turn off as much as possible in location services.
2. Turn your screen brightness down as much as you can stand it.
3. Use as little Push notifications as possible.
That list in Settings > Battery mostly only tells you what apps you use the most. There's really no indication if an app is a battery hog or not. My Wife doesn't come to the forums. Her thing is Facebook. So on her list Facebook is at the top.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Anybody on beta see this on the likes? All with more than one like show huge negative numbers on my 6s Plus. On my old iPhone 5, they show huge positive numbers. Weird!

4e9dcee72ee7c191ac77fcbedc71b103.jpg

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed that I'm getting notifications in Tapatalk letting me know I responded to a post. I mean seriously? Any way to turn that off. All I want are specific notifications for quotes, replies or messages. Not that I replied to a post that I know I replied to. Stupid in my opinion.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I set my links to go straight to Safari, and like it much better. Didn't care for it going to the TapaTalk built in browser.
252a7fa7d9635eef4028839dfcc60188.jpg

The options:
2370128eb2e6b107a7af234e08d3eae9.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How can I get in on tapatalk beta?!

You can ask on the TapaTalk support Forum. Or request by email I guess. It's been in beta since December of 2014. LOL They have a beta limit of 2,000 testers with the Testflight app. So I don't know if there's any tester spots available. Add the TapaTalk forum and PM Winter.

You're showing 2 accounts. One is jahdaa, the other is Butterfly 2. We think you need to sign out of TapaTalk. Delete the app. Reinstall it. Set up a new TapaTalk account with the Butterfly 2 iMore account. But you would need to add all your other forums back in. The current jahdaa account only shows about 5 posts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro