Tapatalk update

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found the images shown when posting to be annoying? On iMore it's a watch. Other sites show different things. I think it slows use down and is just annoying. I don't see the point in it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

I'm with you. What is that about? It just slows everything down and there's no reason for it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found the images shown when posting to be annoying? On iMore it's a watch. Other sites show different things. I think it slows use down and is just annoying. I don't see the point in it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
Yes, I have, and I'm not a fan. I want to able to post immediately like before without any unnecessary animation.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Tapatalk is dead set on destroying their reputation and chasing away its users. Such a shame

It's one thing to try to improve an app, but dang, implementing stuff that screws up the app and garner a good deal of negative feedback is not the way to go.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. Mine shows a watch then a car.
Also posting via Tapatalk is really slow. After I tap Reply, it takes forever before the post is shown within the thread. It almost appears to lock up the app, but it's no if I wait a minute or two.

I'm just about tempted to delete the beta and install the official App Store version.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It's one thing to try to improve an app, but dang, implementing stuff that screws up the app and garner a good deal of negative feedback is not the way to go.

I've hung in there with the app despite the negative feedback. For the most part I still like the app. I'm just not a fan of some of the changes in the latest beta. Please leave it alone.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've hung in there with the app despite the negative feedback. For the most part I still like the app. I'm just not a fan of some of the changes in the latest beta. Please leave it alone.

Yeah, leave it alone after making it work like we want it to....:)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Funny thing is, those negative feedbacks started since Pro was discontinued and they started making changes.. Since then there is not been one single from the developers to meet the users in any way. They just keep changing the UI and stuff. But despite all their efforts, they can't meet their former status anymore. The app was just fine as it used to be.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing is, those negative feedbacks started since Pro was discontinued and they started making changes.. Since then there is not been one single from the developers to meet the users in any way. They just keep changing the UI and stuff. But despite all their efforts, they can't meet their former status anymore. The app was just fine as it used to be.

The pro version was fine. I actually do like most of the latest betas and the last official except for the awful header montage. This latest beta needs some work.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I decided to delete the beta and installed the official version for now. I'll wait for the next beta.

Thankfully, I've been on myMacBook for the majority of the evening. I'll probably return to using the official Tapatalk version sometime tomorrow after I get off work. The sluggishness of the latest beta version is a bit much, in my opinion.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just reinstalled the pro version. I forgot how much I liked it. I think I'll go back and forth for a day or so.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just reinstalled the pro version. I forgot how much I liked it. I think I'll go back and forth for a day or so.

Because it it is not optimized for the larger screens, the zoomed-in image would get on my nerves...;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, we are beta testing. They will look into the feedback and complaints. I have sent several of the feedback notes or emails or whatever those are. And I did mention the useless images and the slow and freezing up posting of comments. I'm sure they will clean up a lot of that. But if those images are someone's big brainstorm they are proud of, they'll probably remain.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, we are beta testing. They will look into the feedback and complaints. I have sent several of the feedback notes or emails or whatever those are. And I did mention the useless images and the slow and freezing up posting of comments. I'm sure they will clean up a lot of that. But if those images are someone's big brainstorm they are proud of, they'll probably remain.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

I've sent the same feedback. Hope they do something about it. We shall see.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711