Tapatalk update

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
For those who are used to the latest Pro version, this update is the worst ever.. I will keep using the Pro, till the 'free' app looks like the pro again, with the same features

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Remember how I used to complain about my battery drain, I figured it out. It's the Tapatalk Pro version what drains it so fast. However, I will not switch to the free version, because that one is the most hideous, unfriendly app ever seen on iOS

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm used to it now. It was shock to the system initially but I'm good with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's okay, and it's manageable, but I prefer the previous version. There wasn't nothing wrong with it, in my personal opinion. It's almost as if they want to vigorously promote the "feed" section that I flat out don't care about at all. I prefer to edit the sections to my liking, and now it appears they've taken away that ability.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I can't get used to the blue strips across the page. It looks tacky and is distracting. The App Store reviews show now. LOL I think I saw 1 positive review out of about 200.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm becoming accustomed to it. The blue strips are horrible though. Now I have a max 3 threads on my screen where I used to see a bunch and could just pick what I wanted to read.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm becoming accustomed to it. The blue strips are horrible though. Now I have a max 3 threads on my screen where I used to see a bunch and could just pick what I wanted to read.

Getting accustomed to this abomination of an app is called "The Stockholm-syndrome"

The only cure is to go cold turkey and wipe all Tapatalk related stuff from your life

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I like it! Took a little time to get used to it but like !

You're in the small minority. I hate those huge blue strips across the screen on the "Unread" timeline. They're very distracting and tacky. The new thinner font is harder to read. Some of the new layout is ok. But as is, it looks hideous. IMO!

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Like anything else new, I hate the learning curve would rather have the old version, but I'll get used to it I guess.

MarkY3130

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the app Monday after reading about how much people hate it. I had been using the Pro version for a few years. After a little over a day I really like the new one! Maybe I was just ready for a change. I haven't deleted the Pro version off my phone yet but I'm thinking I might. I also had no issues with VIP status, it just showed right up.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just hate the blue strips across the screen and the thin font. I can deal with the rest of it.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I just hate the blue strips across the screen and the thin font. I can deal with the rest of it.

Part of the issue is that it’s "new". I get that, and there’s some resistance to change - all part of human nature. But I agree with you, that this is ugly and difficult to use. It would be nice if Tapatalk made some of this "fluff" and space wasting design configuration options. Their stated goal with this change is to attract new users, ostensibly, non-technical users of the female variety. I am really struggling to understand how this ugly, wasteful design could attract any new users. And all this to spite their installed user base.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please help me figure something out? In the previous version I could view a list of my unread posts and if I didn't want to open one of them I could swipe left and check it off as read. Now it seems that I have to open the post in order for it to be read. Am I missing something or am I the only one that used this?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR