BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
What weather app do you use as a replacement?

eWeather HD. It has good detail within the app and it does give weather alerts and lock screen notification. I’ve been using it over a year now since BW has been a sh!t house mess. I really don’t care about being able to use custom icons anymore....seriously what good is having them if the app just doesn’t function as it should. I know I sound like a total salty b!tch about it, but I paid money for the app to work properly & get updates as it needs so it continues to work for what i need it for, and it’s seems the developer @pfluger has just thrown his hands up and walked away. I totally get life happens but dam this is just ridiculous going on for over a year+ now....

IMG_5965.JPG

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
eWeather HD. It has good detail within the app and it does give weather alerts and lock screen notification. I’ve been using it over a year now since BW has been a sh!t house mess. I really don’t care about being able to use custom icons anymore....seriously what good is having them if the app just doesn’t function as it should. I know I sound like a total salty b!tch about it, but I paid money for the app to work properly & get updates as it needs so it continues to work for what i need it for, and it’s seems the developer @pfluger has just thrown his hands up and walked away. I totally get life happens but dam this is just ridiculous going on for over a year+ now....

View attachment 123650

Yes. eWeather is my secondary weather app. It's very accurate also. I haven't changed my BeWeather icon set in a long time so I hear you on that. It's not as important if the app itself isn't working properly as well as having little support...like regular updates.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
...and I like eWeather clock widget.
bb1f5173f7743a5ef6a8253b8bbbaa27.png

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
We're getting off topic here. Let's refocus our attention on BeWeather 2 and not one of its competitors please. Thanks!...:cool:

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I’m on the most current iOS.
I travel a lot.
The app never follows me.
I always have to set to my current location or choose from my list.
Location Services is enabled to always.
Anyone else?
TIA

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I travel a lot.
Anyone else?
TIA

Fortunately, the current version is working as it should for me. I’m running the latest Dev beta of iOS 12, by the way.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
The location travels with me but I never get alerts anymore. I have checked all the location/notification/privacy settings. Will try installing fresh when ios12 is released to see if I can get it to work then.

This is a good weather app and could be great if the developer would be more active maintaining and enhancing it. (Or sell it to another developer who will be more active).

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I travel a lot.
Anyone else?
TIA

I resolved this issue by deleting my home location (which the app was stuck on wherever I traveled)
Now it follows me.
Good Luck

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I’m having issues with my PWS also. The one it’s using for my town is 30mins away, and my temp badge & weather just doesn’t update at all unless I open the app, as well as no lock screen notifications or weather alerts either. Stopped working again probably over a month ago.

I’ve deleted the app for a few weeks and put it back on last week. Still no change as far as it not updating properly
(I’m deleting it again)

I’m having the same issues. It’s using a location that’s about 30-40 minutes away. I am receiving lock screen notifications and weather alerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2