BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
You and spencer should read my last post as it seems I am in with the rest of you. Sad this app was great and now - Not so good and the Dev knows this. I have contacted him direct about ALL the issues.

We had severe thunderstorms yesterday and this morning. No alerts from BeWeather 2 at all, even after I refreshed it in the App. This app has had a "push" problem for a long time. Whatever the cause of it, it needs to be fixed. Weather alerts are important, and should be top priority to fix. I don't understand why they don't work for BeWeather, but do for other weather apps I have. If it's not the app, then maybe the server used needs a change.
@pfluger Many of us love BeWeather 2, but it needs to work. For now, it doesn't.

Yes I was a also an original beta tester for BerryWeather which later became BeWeather and I must admit as of late there has been several issues with the Apple version of BeWeather as I can't speak for all platforms. Hopefully BeWeather will get a long overdue major update. It's about time for one. I still use BeWeather daily.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes I was a also an original beta tester for BerryWeather which later became BeWeather and I must admit as of late there has been several issues with the Apple version of BeWeather as I can't speak for all platforms. Hopefully BeWeather will get a long overdue major update. It's about time for one. I still use BeWeather daily.

Yes I agree with your post back to me 100% and the funny thing about it is I just tried on my iPad Air and it works as it should with location set to 'ALWAYS' but Location Services turned OFF. Every time I open the app it refreshes and pulls data as it is suppose but not on my iPhone at all. I does not and has never given me an alert on my lockscreen or any info for that matter despite the fact that I have it set to do so.

I do not know what is going on and I hope that since I know Henrik - Pfluger reads these as well as the email I sent him, I hope he is working on it to get to the issue. It is not widespread since JustMe D posted it is working for him as it should and he is 2 hrs from me in the same state. Anyway hope it gets settled soon my friend. Take care!:yes:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
@pfluger
If you read all my posts an 'ADDENDUM' to ALL my posts - BeWeather works perfect on my iPad Air and updates perfect every time I open the app with Location Services turned OFF but the app is set for 'ALWAYS' so just wanted to drop that to you.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Still...nothing beats the customization of BeWeather, and it's more accurate than my TV weather lady...LOL
b1ad54a3a465838f39ade0567a26c952.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree Spencer however I cannot understand why it is working on my iPad and not updating at all on my iPhone. It just stopped??

Have you checked all the settings in the App, and in the phone's settlngs?
Settings >Notifications > BeWeather
Settings > Location services > set to Always.
Settings > Cellular > BeWeather > ON

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Both my iPad and iPhone update BeWeather2 once the app is opened. May I suggest double checking you settings...
d75c5d146be632ee9114b4929afacd47.png

d82bafa95e5024a36c105397873842e1.png

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked all the settings in the App, and in the phone's settlngs?
Settings >Notifications > BeWeather
Settings > Location services > set to Always.
Settings > Cellular > BeWeather > ON

I checked ev everything you mention in your post to me and everything is set as you mention both on iPad and iPhone. I DID find out today that when I look at my widget for BeWeather it updated to the minute when I look at it. The app not so much although it has the same info and matched the widget except the time updated on the app has not changed in a week.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It's supposed to update without opening the app.

You are right and I think Spencer and even me see it change when we open it at least mine did when it worked right as it is suppose to even though it has already updated as you said.

Here is a good one to ponder... When I turn Location Services to ON which I should not have to do with BeWeather set to Always everything in the app including time updates like it should and when I turn it off, It goes back to normal.
I don't leave Location Services on unless I am using the Map app or something that requires it to be on because of battery usage as I am sure you know.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You are right and I think Spencer and even me see it change when we open it at least mine did when it worked right as it is suppose to even though it has already updated as you said.

Here is a good one to ponder... When I turn Location Services to ON which I should not have to do with BeWeather set to Always everything in the app including time updates like it should and when I turn it off, It goes back to normal.
I don't leave Location Services on unless I am using the Map app or something that requires it to be on because of battery usage as I am sure you know.

Why can't you just turn off individual apps for location services. Just leave on what is neccessary. It won't make that much difference in battery life. Do you upgrade your phone every year or two? If you do, then why worry about battery life?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Why can't you just turn off individual apps for location services. Just leave on what is neccessary. It won't make that much difference in battery life. Do you upgrade your phone every year or two? If you do, then why worry about battery life?

Led you bring a good point to the post and I have ALWAYS turned off ALL unneeded apps under location services and keep on only what is needed but when you set the apps you want the most for ALWAYS it is unneeded to have Location Services on!!
Point 2 I DO change out every 2 years under my Verizon contract for devices that I am under now with 2 payments left I will be off contract. I only change and I have a 7 now that is flawless if the new phone has enough internal upgrades and form factor does something for me so I am still cognisent about battery that as I use now will last 2 1/2 - 3 days.
Unless the new 6.1 screen coming out (rumor now) and it entices me I will keep my 7. I am not crazy about glass backs, No home button (but can adjust) and wireless charging that Apple uses is slow at best and is that way across devices.
Anyway that is where I am and last night I turned on Location just as this morning and beWeather updated only because I turned on Location and the time was hrs off for reporting but the widget was spot on with time?? Go figure but I appreciate the device and have never heard back from Henrik despite many attempts.
For now I will wait it out and use my widget and Acuweather. Take care Sir and have a great day.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
@pfluger
Why do they show locations not relevant to me under my city location? They used to show the personal weather station name. On mine, it shows a small town that's 3 counties away from me. Why does it do that?
Haleyville is not close to me.
da752b4b849207856fa8341534a8930b.jpg

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I’m having issues with my PWS also. The one it’s using for my town is 30mins away, and my temp badge & weather just doesn’t update at all unless I open the app, as well as no lock screen notifications or weather alerts either. Stopped working again probably over a month ago.

I’ve deleted the app for a few weeks and put it back on last week. Still no change as far as it not updating properly
(I’m deleting it again)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I’m having issues with my PWS also. The one it’s using for my town is 30mins away, and my temp badge & weather just doesn’t update at all unless I open the app, as well as no lock screen notifications or weather alerts either. Stopped working again probably over a month ago.

I’ve deleted the app for a few weeks and put it back on last week. Still no change as far as it not updating properly
(I’m deleting it again)

What weather app do you use as a replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.