BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Partly Sunny appears to be a worthwhile "look-see"

I took a look at it. The iMessage app feature is cute, but otherwise is just another weather app. I'd like to see BeWeather 2 add an iMessage app. One similar to Partly Sunny, but uses the same iconset currently used in the App.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Very strange. All my other weather apps have ALWAYS as an option. Leave it to me to have the strange issues.

Try deleting BeWeather, then reinstall it. It should ask for permission to use location. Maybe it will show then. Or try Reset All Settings. That might work.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so I deleted it (again, third time this evening) and reinstalled. I open the app and get this:
IMG_3086.png

I click ALLOW and get this screen
IMG_3087.png

I click OK but don't get a location prompt.

Open the app to this:
IMG_3088.jpg

So I go to location settings for BeWeather:
IMG_3089.png

And I only have the same two options:
IMG_3090.png

I have not tried resetting anything.........yet.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I deleted it (again, third time this evening) and reinstalled. I open the app and get this:
View attachment 121494

I click ALLOW and get this screen
View attachment 121495

I click OK but don't get a location prompt.

Open the app to this:
View attachment 121496

So I go to location settings for BeWeather:
View attachment 121497

And I only have the same two options:
View attachment 121498

I have not tried resetting anything.........yet.

Seems like a lot of work for a weather app.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Ok, this is just weird. Just installed the app on my iPad and got the same exact results. No location selection when opening the app for the first time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. At least I know I'm not going nuts.

It is odd. I've seen that before with another app. No clue. Are there issues without the Always setting? I have another weather app I've tried both ways. Don't notice any difference, so I leave it on "While Using The App". I think the only difference is you would need "Always" if you're traveling away from home.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
It is odd. I've seen that before with another app. No clue. Are there issues without the Always setting? I have another weather app I've tried both ways. Don't notice any difference, so I leave it on "While Using The App". I think the only difference is you would need "Always" if you're traveling away from home.

No issues that I'm 100% aware of. I don't think it's updating correctly on my watch, but I haven't really tested thoroughly yet. Been using Weather Underground for years (which is where BeWeather gets its info from), but just looking for something different to use.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just checked and I don’t have an “always” option either!
Maybe that's how it is on iOS 11. I'm on 10.1.1. Pretty sure I've had the "always" option all along. I have 11 weather related apps, and it's split about half with "always" and half without. I don't think it matters. With Always on, the app can access your GPS even while in the background and may help while traveling away from home. Other than that, there's no difference.

ravenseb

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Maybe that's how it is on iOS 11. I'm on 10.1.1. Pretty sure I've had the "always" option all along. I have 11 weather related apps, and it's split about half with "always" and half without. I don't think it matters. With Always on, the app can access your GPS even while in the background and may help while traveling away from home. Other than that, there's no difference.

All my other weather apps have the always option except Beweather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods