BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
@pfluger We need an update for BeWeather 2. There's been several changes that prevent our custom iconset links from working on iOS 11. Could be a Dropbox issue with their update. The links still work ok on iOS 10. For some of us, the custom iconsets are the main reason we use BeWeather 2. Some have created their own. Please update for the links to work! Thanks!
Update: It appears the issue was notes app not playing well with iconset links on iOS 11. BeWeather 2 still needs a update though.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
@pfluger We need an update for BeWeather 2. There's been several changes that prevent our custom iconset links from working on iOS 11. Could be a Dropbox issue with their update. The links still work ok on iOS 10. For some of us, the custom iconsets are the main reason we use BeWeather 2. Some have created their own. Please update for the links to work! Thanks!

EXACTLY. I second this.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

EXACTLY. I second this.

THIS !!

I've even reached out to them on the Bellshare email support a couple of days ago. Still no reply.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I got it to work on my Wife's iPhone 7. It looks as if the links get messed up in notes when you try to press to copy. It's the new drag and drop that's doing it. When I sent her a link, then copied it in iMessage on her phone, then straight to BeWeather, it works. Or I put that one link on a notes page by itself, then used the share arrow to copy. That worked. But pressing a finger on the link in notes to copy gets messed up.
3a6fb6c7c8360b20dab7da0a734cfe0c.jpg

Then back to Bama Weather.
a5206bffc443136eda7a2975b0e3cfd9.jpg

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I got it to work on my Wife's iPhone 7. It looks as if the links get messed up in notes when you try to press to copy. It's the new drag and drop that's doing it. When I sent her a link, then copied it in iMessage on her phone, then straight to BeWeather, it works. Or I put that one link on a notes page by itself, then used the share arrow to copy. That worked. But pressing a finger on the link in notes to copy gets messed up.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170928/3a6fb6c7c8360b20dab7da0a734cfe0c.jpg
Then back to Bama Weather.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170928/a5206bffc443136eda7a2975b0e3cfd9.jpg

Thanks Led...I tried this and still no good. Is your wife on iOS 11?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I did it a few ways. I tried copying it from my notes by tapping and selecting, then I tried doing it the way you explained.

In addition to those 2 ways I also copied the link I sent you for itsy bitsy and pasted it directly to BW and still no luck.

Do you have all 200 or so on the same note? If so, try copying the entire note using the share arrow. Then share to your email. Then copy the one you want there. Or if you use Box, create a Box note. Then paste the whole thing into the Box note. Then copy the one you want from there.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Do you have all 200 or so on the same note? If so, try copying the entire note using the share arrow. Then share to your email. Then copy the one you want there. Or if you use Box, create a Box note. Then paste the whole thing into the Box note. Then copy the one you want from there.

@ThePinkChameleon It's possible the link may have got messed up in notes when you were poking at it. Try a different link from elsewhere, like email or Box notes.
Tapping and selecting didn't work for me either.

OK HOUSTON WE HAVE TOUCH DOWN

Finally. It wasn't working any of the ways you explained. I went directly into my Dropbox, tapped share, create link THEN went to BW pasted it, converted it and it FINALLY APPLIED !!!

Thank you very much for your help. I believe I'm now out of BW jail LOL

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So just messing around with the custom icons a bit more... For whatever reason if I create a link while in Dropbox and create a new note with the converted link, when I go to apply that same converted link shared/copied from the note BW will not apply the icon set. BUT if I go into my Dropbox, create a fresh link THEN go directly to BW and paste/convert it, the icon set will apply itself.

Strange.....

So I'll just have to get a fresh link everytime I want to change icon sets.... Fortunately I don't do that too often lol

56d3ec1409f930bd6458d064d4fd4d62.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So just messing around with the custom icons a bit more... For whatever reason if I create a link while in Dropbox and create a new note with the converted link, when I go to apply that same converted link shared/copied from the note BW will not apply the icon set. BUT if I go into my Dropbox, create a fresh link THEN go directly to BW and paste/convert it, the icon set will apply itself.

Strange.....

So I'll just have to get a fresh link everytime I want to change icon sets.... Fortunately I don't do that too often lol

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170928/56d3ec1409f930bd6458d064d4fd4d62.png

If you put 1 iconset link on a note from Dropbox, does it not work to copy using the share arrow? This worked on my Wife's phone.
Did you try copying them all and putting them in a Box Note? I've had mine in both the Notes app and in a Box Note.
Box Note:
5be1876beb54f4e002bf8bbbd0657caf.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2