BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This worked for me thanks.

What is the purpose of Weather Alert Level? I have this set to Light (All) and I thought I might get an alert if light rain was coming my way (like Dark Sky). I seem to be getting other alerts like Thunderstorms, etc.

Can you provide a screenshot of what type of lockscreen notification Dark Sky gives.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This worked for me thanks.

What is the purpose of Weather Alert Level? I have this set to Light (All) and I thought I might get an alert if light rain was coming my way (like Dark Sky). I seem to be getting other alerts like Thunderstorms, etc.

Alert levels? Well, you might only want alerts for major severe weather, but not alerts for fog and light rain. I have no idea what's included in each level. Try them and see. I include it all. You should get all the alerts with it set on Light (All). If set on Severe, you'll only get those. Many had complained about too many trivial alerts, thus the levels.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Me personally, I don't want an entire weather report on the lock screen. A simple notification is good enough and if need be I can go into app itself.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I found an issue with Watch OS 4. Beweather 2 will not load any of the custom icons, only the default icon. I am able to make other watch setting changes (theme, etc.). I get the message that it might take awhile for the custom icons to load but they never to load. The other watch setting changes very quickly.

Any chance the developer will fix this? He has been quiet for a long time.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine expired two days ago. It's a shame because it's a decent app.

I'm not sure what you mean by expired? The Beta was completed months ago and both the paid and free versions are still in the Apple App Store...
c6341594b942fed9aa52f6296b4dc960.png

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Question. For those of you that use custom icons in the bw app, since 9/1 DropBox changed the public folder to a private folder so now the links for the sets no longer work.

Had anyone figured out another way of doing this?

I've logged on to drop box from my laptop and searched with no solution☹️ I now have 237 sets of useless icons...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Question. For those of you that use custom icons in the bw app, since 9/1 DropBox changed the public folder to a private folder so now the links for the sets no longer work.

Had anyone figured out another way of doing this?

I've logged on to drop box from my laptop and searched with no solution☹️ I now have 237 sets of useless icons...

Wow. I didn't know this. I have my sets saved in my notes, but I haven't changed icons in awhile. Going to test later and get back to you.

Edit; I just changed my set from my notes. It works, but I already created a link from Dropbox a while back. I will go into Dropbox and try to create a new link later.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I didn't know this. I have my sets saved in my notes, but I haven't changed icons in awhile. Going to test later and get back to you.

Yep ! DB sent out an email regarding this at the middle/end of August. I also had my Links saved in notes for easy access but none will apply.

I'm also in iOS 11 which idk if that changes something but it shouldn't have.

Thanks Derrick, plz lmk.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yep ! DB sent out an email regarding this at the middle/end of August. I also had my Links saved in notes for easy access but none will apply.

I'm also in iOS 11 which idk if that changes something but it shouldn't have.

Thanks Derrick, plz lmk.

Unfortunately the link I just created from Dropbox did not work. Not happy right now.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Disregard my last post Pink...User error... LOL. I left out the "/" while creating a link. It works on iOS 10.3.3. ...
7476f9ab835b17765e1c586ccd055fae.png

... and I went back to the USMC from my saved notes...
6647dff6f1bdbfaa5f8156782a1c7589.png

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members