BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I re-downloaded it again last night after deleting it almost 2 months ago. So...2 LS notifications showed up and then it stalled out again, for a while there the temp badge was even updating. Now no mas.
Oh well...at this point I've gotten so use to other weather apps that don't have this function & I would check them opening the app a few times a day, so I'll be doing this with beweather for now also....till I get annoyed again lol

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I re-downloaded it again last night after deleting it almost 2 months ago. So...2 LS notifications showed up and then it stalled out again, for a while there the temp badge was even updating. Now no mas.
Oh well...at this point I've gotten so use to other weather apps that don't have this function & I would check them opening the app a few times a day, so I'll be doing this with beweather for now also....till I get annoyed again lol

I'm getting Push now. I've seen 4 hourly notifications on the lock screen. But no severe weather alerts. And we had some. Got notifications from all my other weather apps, but not BeWeather 2. I sure hope an update comes soon.

@pfluger

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting Push now. I've seen 4 hourly notifications on the lock screen. But no severe weather alerts. And we had some. Got notifications from all my other weather apps, but not BeWeather 2. I sure hope an update comes soon.

@pfluger

Mine stalled out about 3am, but I opened the app about 12 noon, and since then so far I've been getting the LS notification. I set it back up on my Watch about 10am and the temp has been keeping up so far I'm happy and *knock wood* it continues to work this way until it's working fully with weather alerts etc

I hope an update will come soon as well.

EDIT: I lied...it stalled out again right before the 3:02 LS noti I was supposed to come thru.

EDIT 2: ok, so good news. So far since I lasted edited here, BW has now been showing up on my lock screen for the most part. I open the app one or twice a day now, which I think is helping with the push notifications to come thru more often for the hourly LS.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out a BeWeather2 lockscreen pattern. I don't think there is one...LOL ....
2b215f0700936646f53dffe035a55ff5.png

First one in about a month.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm completely disillusioned... but since I paid for it, I'm hanging on to it. Lord knows I've got plenty of other apps that provide me with timely updates.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm completely disillusioned... but since I paid for it, I'm hanging on to it. Lord knows I've got plenty of other apps that provide me with timely updates.

I didn't actually pay for Beweather2 because I've been a Beta tester for Pflunger since my Blackberry days, but I also have other weather apps where I get timely lockscreen and icon updates as well. The other two platforms I have experience with using BeWeather (formally BerryWeather), worked flawlessly so I'm thinking it has something to do with Apple.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

It's a "push" issue. I get the red badge lagging some. Even eWeather HD does that. But the notification alerts fail are big. Like you, I have other weather apps I can depend on for that. But not the hourly weather notifications. I think Yahoo weather offers those. But I really enjoy the customization of BeWeather 2. I created my own iconset. And I like the "Share weather" option, where you can use your own image. Like this:
8686fb34b115d3b82a45cc2d8a154ccf.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I received a BeWeather2 notification on my Apple Watch today. I don't remember seeing that before...
1f78e1d260d3871458c33658d8c6540b.png

KOOL

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Well suddenly, out of the blue, I started getting notifications from the app. It's startled me because all the sudden this tone went off on my phone that I didn't recognize! I looked on my screen and there were not one but two notifications from the app. Since then I've gotten several more so it'll be interesting to see how long this lasts!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
So this app is STILL having push issues, all these months later.... oy vey!

Actually, I'm receiving lock screen notifications and Apple Watch notifications on a semi regular basis. Not as much as I would like tho, but they do show up.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Trying to figure out if I have a problem that might be solved by reinstalling or not. Does this app support the new iPads? Specifically at least the 2017 5th gen iPad? I got my first iPad on Sunday and set it up via restoring a backup of my iPhone 7+ (so maybe that's the issue) and while the widget and opening the app seem to work fine. If I tap the three dot icon in the upper right which brings up a sharing/etc. popup on my phone it just crashes back to the springboard on my iPad. Again, the app and settings were installed via a local encrypted iTunes backup of my phone though so I'm not sure if that's the problem.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Trying to figure out if I have a problem that might be solved by reinstalling or not. Does this app support the new iPads? Specifically at least the 2017 5th gen iPad? I got my first iPad on Sunday and set it up via restoring a backup of my iPhone 7+ (so maybe that's the issue) and while the widget and opening the app seem to work fine. If I tap the three dot icon in the upper right which brings up a sharing/etc. popup on my phone it just crashes back to the springboard on my iPad. Again, the app and settings were installed via a local encrypted iTunes backup of my phone though so I'm not sure if that's the problem.

I don't have an iPad, but that feature works fine on my 6s Plus. I don't think there's a separate app for iPad. It does display differently on iPad. Maybe someone with iPad will chime in.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't have an iPad, but that feature works fine on my 6s Plus. I don't think there's a separate app for iPad. It does display differently on iPad. Maybe someone with iPad will chime in.

Yeah it works fine on my 7+ as well. So I'm just trying to figure out if it might be an iPad issue or an issue with how I installed it. If someone with an iPad doesn't respond soon I'll probably just reinstall to see :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've given up on receiving notifications. I don't remember when I saw a notification last. It's too bad.

If I refresh the app, I'll get the hourly notification. But the weather alerts are hard to come by. We can have severe storms with tornadoes, and nothing. SMH. I get plenty from other apps though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen