BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine is now showing 0 degrees on my Apple Watch complication several times a day, and has just started showing 0 degrees on the app itself. What is going on? Do we need to look elsewhere?

Mine too on the app. It goes back and forth. Sure hope @pfluger has an update coming! It's a great weather app when it works!

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Accuweather for a couple of days. Seems pretty good. Gonna try Weather Underground, but I have read that their watch app is not too good.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Accuweather for a couple of days. Seems pretty good. Gonna try Weather Underground, but I have read that their watch app is not too good.

I've used that before. I have plenty of weather apps. The one I rely on most is my local TV station's app. I like BeWeather for the customization and weather share feature.

area52

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
What other app alternatives are folks using? I've tried storm but the watch app is pretty limited. Ive heard carrot and dark sky but would rather not buy something I'm not going to use. In AZ here so we don't really have anything other than sun and occasional clouds so the rain forecaster featured on dark sky and others doesn't do me much good

songbird

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
What other app alternatives are folks using? I've tried storm but the watch app is pretty limited. Ive heard carrot and dark sky but would rather not buy something I'm not going to use. In AZ here so we don't really have anything other than sun and occasional clouds so the rain forecaster featured on dark sky and others doesn't do me much good

I'm currently using Partly Sunny, but it's not compatible with the Apple Watch. I do love it on my iPhone and sadly no longer have BeWeather. Like many others I've had issues with the app. I'm hoping the dev is working on it as I did love the customizations. I have had no issues with Partly Sunny since downloading and actually love the UI.

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I have gone back to Keeping it simple. I use the default weather app for the basic daily look. I use The Weather Channel for Radar and warnings and it simply just works great for me.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have gone back to Keeping it simple. I use the default weather app for the basic daily look. I use The Weather Channel for Radar and warnings and it simply just works great for me.

That's exactly what I've been doing as well. Along with it I use the paid version of Fahrenheit for the temp badge, also with each time the temp changes I get a lock screen pop up notifying me. So say at 10am it's 39, then if it goes up at 11:15 it'll pop up telling me the temp is now 42. It's not an hourly notification just a notification when the temp goes up/down.

songbird

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Songbird.... Partly Sunny looks interesting.. No radar though?

No radar, but for me it's ok since I don't have need for it. I would like to see an Apple Watch compatibility soon, but if not I'm not worried about it. It meets my expectations for a weather app and offers a dark mode (night mode) which I like. The icons are simple & clean too.

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Songbird. I do like to have radar. The clean looks is nice though. One reason why the basic built in Weather app is nice is that it is clean and I kind of like the animation subtle as it is.
I discovered I can hit the weather channel icon in the bottom left of the default app and it takes me to the Weather Channel app so I don't need to keep it on home screen. Sort of a nice tie in.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday my lock screen notifications started working again ! I also received a weather alert last night I hope it continues to work properly
⛄Merry Christmas ⛄

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday my lock screen notifications started working again ! I also received a weather alert last night I hope it continues to work properly
⛄Merry Christmas ⛄

Mine's been working again some too. Not perfect, but better. The temp badge still won't update timely. I have to open the app to update it too much. But eWeather HD lags as well. I think the temp badge issue is common amongst the weather apps.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine's been working again some too. Not perfect, but better. The temp badge still won't update timely. I have to open the app to update it too much. But eWeather HD lags as well. I think the temp badge issue is common amongst the weather apps.

Yeah the temp badge doesn't update for me either unless I open the app. As long as the lock screen noti's keep working I'm good with that

Status
Not open for further replies.