BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine was doing great before the last update. Since the update, it hasn't been the same. I thought it was the iOS 10 beta. The app update was before the iOS 10 update. Maybe BeWeather needs to update again for iOS 10.

Maybe...if that's the case hopefully Pflueger will push an update out soon.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
More issues again. Mine hasn't updated since 12:54am! Nothing when I refresh either. This is getting old fast.
bab90ab4e5fdb0df9500520ddf984502.png

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Is the null value/zero information happening with all personal weather stations, or just some? My understanding is that weather data gets pulled from a local personal station or airport - depending upon which one is selected. I can get local and airport data, so wonder if the null value/zero information in some feeds are due to regional weather station feeds not working properly?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is the null value/zero information happening with all personal weather stations, or just some? My understanding is that weather data gets pulled from a local personal station or airport - depending upon which one is selected. I can get local and airport data, so wonder if the null value/zero information in some feeds are due to regional weather station feeds not working properly?

No idea. It seems every other one of my locations are null. And the ones with info are not updating.
48956941ff5348eea8fcd133bcf1984c.png

@pfluger

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There's definitely something going on with the transfer of data from Weather Underground to BeWeather. This usually fixes itself quickly without an update. We'll see.

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Still it is very frustrating. I Removed it. I think I will wait until I see a new version. To be honest and up front, I am a little tired of hearing about excuses based on "where the weather information is coming from". If it is failing (and it often is) then there needs to be a change on where the weather comes from. I am NOT talking about the temp badge. I don't use it so don't care.

I simply do not see such issues coming from the default weather app or even from the Weather channel app. I'll sacrifice customization ( I really like BeWeather) for information. I'll try an update if it comes out.

But it just seems it's NOT actively worked on anymore. Anyone getting beta's to test??

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Still it is very frustrating. I Removed it. I think I will wait until I see a new version. To be honest and up front, I am a little tired of hearing about excuses based on "where the weather information is coming from". If it is failing (and it often is) then there needs to be a change on where the weather comes from. I am NOT talking about the temp badge. I don't use it so don't care.

I simply do not see such issues coming from the default weather app or even from the Weather channel app. I'll sacrifice customization ( I really like BeWeather) for information. I'll try an update if it comes out.

But it just seems it's NOT actively worked on anymore. Anyone getting beta's to test??

It's one I have fun with. I have other weather apps. Too many actually.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

It's working again now. I came real close to deleting the app this afternoon. When the app stops working again, I'll delete it and go with the stock weather app. I do enjoy the customization options with BW2, but I'm tired of dealing with the app not working properly.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It's working again now. I came real close to deleting the app this afternoon. When the app stops working again, I'll delete it and go with the stock weather app. I do enjoy the customization options with BW2, but I'm tired of dealing with the app not working properly.

I'm with you on this. I've already deleted it once before & decided to give it another try. It was "ok" for a bit but now it's acting up again, like we've all seen. It does get frustrating and played out after it just keeps f0rking up over and over again.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Due to the fact that it has rarely been updating the location in the background on my phone or watch, I have deleted it and reinstalled Dark Sky. Hopefully they fix some the updating issue at least, then I'll probably download it again.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

I totally agree with you. I like BeWeather's widget and all the info but what is the point when the info is incorrect or not working. If he is having trouble with the weather underground why not use another source?

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
In the end it does not seem to be updated much anymore. I was thinking that there may be a new version when iOS10 came out. But nothing mentioned here. That worries me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
In the end it does not seem to be updated much anymore. I was thinking that there may be a new version when iOS10 came out. But nothing mentioned here. That worries me.

It was last updated August 30, 2016. Mine is working ok now. I still have to refresh it a couple times a day. But it's working. It may need to update to iOS 10.

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Back and forth and up and down working correctly. I agree with gizbug it is time to move on as it appears there is no one working on this anymore. a shame too.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have used BeWeather since my BB days. When it came to iOS I started using it in its beta phase. It's still my favorite, but I agree that there are still issues. I was frustrated enough that I have deleted it twice now and then eventually reinstalled it. Currently I am running it alongside CARROT⁵ and the NOAA app. I'm not using the temp on the badge any longer since I have my Apple Watch and I have found that using it in the Notification Center (side by side with CARROT⁵) it has consistently been accurate. Hopefully one day I'll be able to go back to using just BeWeather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73