BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Ok, this app needs an update.

Does your app crash when you click on the alert, if there is an alert on a location, I click on it to see what it is, the app crashes. :concern:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok, this app needs an update.

Does your app crash when you click on the alert, if there is an alert on a location, I click on it to see what it is, the app crashes. :concern:

You tap the red alert bar in the app and the app crashes? No, I never saw that. Try deleting the app and reinstall it. If you're on beta, install the App Store version.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
OK guys, as much as many of us love this app (used it since my BB days), some things have not been fixed:
Temp badge doesn't always update.
The radar map doesn't move when you travel to a location out of town. Reported a long time ago.
The side menu listing of cities on my iPad don't always display properly in portrait mode - the right edge of the list is covered by the main screen. It displays properly in Lanscape mode but when you turn to portrait mode, sometimes it screws up. Reported a long time ago.
I hope the next update addresses this issues.
Good Luck

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
You tap the red alert bar in the app and the app crashes? No, I never saw that. Try deleting the app and reinstall it. If you're on beta, install the App Store version.

I have the App store version. This doesn't happen on the multiple advisories but when it says "English" as the advisory when I go to the weather Underground site or app that advisory would be severe thunderstorms for example. Try adding Karkow to your weather right now you will see what I mean.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've given up on BW. The temp badge doesn't always update anymore, lock screen notifications are flakey as all heII. Severe weather alerts are rare...

Yes, I agree. I just like the ability to change my weather sets. I'm glad that's still working properly. BeWeather2 needs an update immediately.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've given up on BW. The temp badge doesn't always update anymore, lock screen notifications are flakey as all heII. Severe weather alerts are rare...

Mine does ok as long as I refresh it a few times daily. Open it, pull down on the location menu page. I usually check it a few times each day anyway.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Mine does ok as long as I refresh it a few times daily. Open it, pull down the location menu page. I usually check it a few times each day anyway.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been doing OK lately. The temp badge lags here and there, but I've never had one that doesn't. I usually refresh it about mid morning, late afternoon and at midnight (bedtime). That seems to help keep her going. The hourly notification has been ok. It misses a few, but shows up most of the time. The special alerts have been great. All else looks A-OK. I keep thinking @pfluger is doing all he can. BeWeather 2 is tied to Weather Underground. Weather Underground doesn't have a temp badge. I keep wondering why not. I notice when I open the Weather Underground app, it seems it updates right then. Which is what BeWeather does.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
...and you think that's ok? Humm, I don't.

I didn't say that. I said it helps. But at least it will update by refreshing. Some don't. When eWeather is lagging a bit, opening the app does nothing. There is no weather app with a temp badge that stays perfect. It doesn't work that way. With BeWeather, it doesn't appear to be the personal weather stations. They update each hour consistently. It must be with the server not pushing when it should.
But, yes, if that's the best BeWeather will do, then I'm ok with refreshing it. The other features make it worth keeping.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Storm is out also.
63939f683800e4687c868353411f66f7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics