BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Weather Underground is great for me... but the default location is the weather station I own and send the data to WU... :)

Nice. I have a few near me, but the temp never matches up with other apps like Weather Channel, Accuweather, Dark Sky etc. So I don't bother with WU with anything anymore lol.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Nice. I have a few near me, but the temp never matches up with other apps like Weather Channel, Accuweather, Dark Sky etc. So I don't bother with WU with anything anymore lol.

Most weather apps get their data from the closest airport. Mine is 12 miles away. The temp there can be different from my home. The personal weather station I use in WU and BeWeather is only 1 mile away. It tends to be more accurate.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Believe it or not - Airport weather observations are reported hourly... personal weather station data may be near real time, to maybe 10 minutes old...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Believe it or not - Airport weather observations are reported hourly... personal weather station data may be near real time, to maybe 10 minutes old...

I've wondered about that. What's your take on the BeWeather temp badge lag many of us see? It's like you have to open the app for it to update.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the follow up guys. I dunno, I just always find WU to be inaccurate for me. Could it be the local WS is fubar?

Most are ok. May be some bad ones. They rarely match the airport data most apps show. I have my airport as one of my locations in BeWeather. It does match with Weather Channel and eWeather. If you wanted to you could use the airport as your current location.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Most are ok. May be some bad ones. They rarely match the airport data most apps show. I have my airport as one of my locations in BeWeather. It does match with Weather Channel and eWeather. If you wanted to you could use the airport as your current location.

Will mess around with it when I get home tonight. Thanks man.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Messed around with the app again last night and today. It always show an extreme difference (to me) with temperature. But maybe its like you guys said about other apps pulling from your local airport.

Temp badge does not update for me unless I go into the App and open it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Messed around with the app again last night and today. It always show an extreme difference (to me) with temperature. But maybe its like you guys said about other apps pulling from your local airport.

Temp badge does not update for me unless I go into the App and open it.

If i wait long enough, my badge will eventually update. But I've made a practice of opening the app maybe 3 or 4 times a day to refresh and update. Only takes a few seconds. Keeps it working fairly well.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
If i wait long enough, my badge will eventually update. But I've made a practice of opening the app maybe 3 or 4 times a day to refresh and update. Only takes a few seconds. Keeps it working fairly well.
That's good to know. Do you use the weather underground app as well?

kristofpetho

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
@Pfluger - can we please have the option to use PWS automatically?

I live in Zoetermeer (Netherlands) and the weather always defaults to Rotterdam (20km away and always a different weather as it's much closer to the sea).
If I use the WU app, it always defaults to a PWS near me which is VERY accurate.

Thanks!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
@Pfluger - can we please have the option to use PWS automatically?

I live in Zoetermeer (Netherlands) and the weather always defaults to Rotterdam (20km away and always a different weather as it's much closer to the sea).
If I use the WU app, it always defaults to a PWS near me which is VERY accurate.

Thanks!

I thought you had this issue resolved months ago. So when you set your GPS current location to Zoetermeer, it switches to Rotterdam while still in Zoetermeer? It shouldn't switch unless you physically move to another location. What did you mean by "use a PWS automatically"? Do you mean where it will stay on that PWS and not change?

kristofpetho

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I thought you had this issue resolved months ago. So when you set your GPS current location to Zoetermeer, it switches to Rotterdam while still in Zoetermeer? It shouldn't switch unless you physically move to another location. What did you mean by "use a PWS automatically"? Do you mean where it will stay on that PWS and not change?

Hi, thanks for the reply.
The way it works: I set the app to always use my current location. When I go home (Zoetermeer), I go into the app. The title does say Zoetermeer, except under it it says Rotterdam... So it's using Rotterdam weather.
If I switch to the WU official app, it also says Zoetermeer, and the location is not Rotterdam, but rather WeerZoetermeer.nl (a local PWS), which is waay more accurate than Rotterdam weather 20km's away.

Also, when I go to work in The Hague, when I am there it also says Den Haag in the title, but under that it also states Rotterdam, so I assume it's using Rotterdam's weather again...

Does this make sense?

Thank you!

Chucky1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Didn't open Beweather today and badge never updated...

87785f4ff36284f0f7a8fce8d8cf173e.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the reply.
The way it works: I set the app to always use my current location. When I go home (Zoetermeer), I go into the app. The title does say Zoetermeer, except under it it says Rotterdam... So it's using Rotterdam weather.
If I switch to the WU official app, it also says Zoetermeer, and the location is not Rotterdam, but rather WeerZoetermeer.nl (a local PWS), which is waay more accurate than Rotterdam weather 20km's away.

Also, when I go to work in The Hague, when I am there it also says Den Haag in the title, but under that it also states Rotterdam, so I assume it's using Rotterdam's weather again...

Does this make sense?

Thank you!

Can you not tap on the location name and change it to Weer...? That location should be in your list of PWS.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine hasn't updated since 11:50 last night. I deleted and reinstalled, and now it won't even show a location. Only shows location "unknown".

Attachments

• IMG_0038.PNG
    IMG_0038.PNG
    309 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.