BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
🏽🏽I'm sooooo happy to say that my BW is completely back to working normal again 🏽 whatever it is that @pflueger did worked !! Yesterday I was preparing dinner when suddenly my phone made a loud chiming noise...I stopped to check it out and it was a weather alert for my area !! Since then they have been coming in here and there along with my hourly as well !!

I'm soooo happy...I really was getting discouraged after a while when BW wasn't behaving properly. It's great to have it back to its ol'self!!

You're under the umbrella now!
f71b59991ba41f8845a7cfa971ac9e2e.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had no hourly notification when I woke this morning. No alerts either. We have a little snow. It seems the push is stalling again. It works for a while If I open the app and refresh it. I think this app needs an update about every 2 weeks for it to keep working properly. Like Facebook does. IMO that is!
@pfluger

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I had no hourly notification when I woke this morning. No alerts either. We have a little snow. It seems the push is stalling again. It works for a while If I open the app and refresh it. I think this app needs an update about every 2 weeks for it to keep working properly. Like Facebook does. IMO that is!
@pfluger

Same here

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
@pfluger

Same issue here !! Ugh whyyyyyyyy does it do this

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
And you all almost had me convinced to try it again..... Sticking with Weather Channel for radar and alerts and Apple's weather for routine checking. Winter will be over before you know it and alerts won't matter. I know.... sorry ... little snarky but perhaps frustrated is more like it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
And you all almost had me convinced to try it again..... Sticking with Weather Channel for radar and alerts and Apple's weather for routine checking. Winter will be over before you know it and alerts won't matter. I know.... sorry ... little snarky but perhaps frustrated is more like it.

It will during spring with severe storms and tornadoes.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
And don't forget this is a beta thread. The app is still being worked on. It's mostly great. Just the push issue. I opened the app early this morning, and it's been fine since.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if the dev takes requests, but going to ask anyway since tornado season is coming up soon. Would be very nice to have an actual severe sounding alert tone for the severe weather alerts instead of the default notification sound. Something like an actual storm siren sound that lasts for more than a couple of seconds. This would be for only severe warnings... The default notification sound works great for the other types of alerts. Would this be possible? For me, this is really all that's missing from an otherwise awesome app.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
For the past few days, the temp badge hasn't been updating until I bring the app back up.
The app stays open on my iPhone and iPad all day.
v 2.2.25
iPhone 6S, iPad Air
Good Luck

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if the dev takes requests, but going to ask anyway since tornado season is coming up soon. Would be very nice to have an actual severe sounding alert tone for the severe weather alerts instead of the default notification sound. Something like an actual storm siren sound that lasts for more than a couple of seconds. This would be for only severe warnings... The default notification sound works great for the other types of alerts. Would this be possible? For me, this is really all that's missing from an otherwise awesome app.

Try Tornado by the Red Cross. The best, loudest alarm for tornadic and severe weather. It's a different kind of weather app. More a supplement to BeWeather 2.
Tornado by American Red Cross
https://appsto.re/us/EFn7J.i

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Seems like the problem is the PWS not updating timely. I get push that shows in Settings. But the PWS lags. Doesn't matter which one. Open the app and it updates. I get the hourly notification and alerts ok.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
There's no difference in the beta and the market version. The beta is shut down. It's not supported at this time.

Oh okay. When I first downloaded the beta I was able to get hourly notifications, but now I'm not....come to think of it, I was also able to get hourly notifications when the app was first introduced.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh okay. When I first downloaded the beta I was able to get hourly notifications, but now I'm not....come to think of it, I was also able to get hourly notifications when the app was first introduced.

You should get the hourly and alerts on the App Store version now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73