BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Beta version 2.2.24 is out. Some bug fixes and we have increased the number of hours visible in the hourly forecast on the today widget for iPhone 6(s) and iPhone 6(s) Plus.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Beta version 2.2.24 is out. Some bug fixes and we have increased the number of hours visible in the hourly forecast on the today widget for iPhone 6(s) and iPhone 6(s) Plus.

Great. Does this fix the weather alert notification bug? I see weather alerts on my app but I do not get any notifications on my iPhone or apple watch.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Weather alerts are not working for me. Winter Weather advisory is on the app, but no push alert. <sigh>

Do you have notifications set for "alerts"?

5427ae1f92ab26e16e62eae0724cb7fd.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No I didn't, but doesn't this control alerts when the screen is unlocked? I didn't think it would show locked screen alerts.

When it's set to alerts, you get on the lock screen as well as pop up alerts for like severe weather, fog, floods, etc. The hourly notifications only show on the lock screen.

He said there were push issues with the server. May not be completely resolved.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
When it's set to alerts, you get on the lock screen as well as pop up alerts for like severe weather, fog, floods, etc. The hourly notifications only show on the lock screen.

He said there were push issues with the server. May not be completely resolved.

Since the last update I stop receiving weather alerts and the lock screen notifications would stall out here and there. Now with this new release just last night my lock screen notifications have been stalling out like every few hours. I have to actually open up th app that get it to start up again...but then it stalls out after a few hours....and the cycle starts all over again. Open. Update. Stall. Open. Update stall.

As of right now, my last lock weather showed at 5:01pm and then nothing since. I just checked and Strangely enough the last push was 7pm, but absolutely no notification on lock screen for 6 or 7pm....weird.

iOS 9.2, 6S+

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Since the last update I stop receiving weather alerts and the lock screen notifications would stall out here and there. Now with this new release just last night my lock screen notifications have been stalling out like every few hours. I have to actually open up th app that get it to start up again...but then it stalls out after a few hours....and the cycle starts all over again. Open. Update. Stall. Open. Update stall.

As of right now, my last lock weather showed at 5:01pm and then nothing since. I just checked and Strangely enough the last push was 7pm, but absolutely no notification on lock screen for 6 or 7pm....weird.

iOS 9.2, 6S+

I just noticed the temp badge didn't look right. I checked in Settings and the last push was only 30 minutes ago. I open the app and the temp changes by 8 or so degrees. The "reported at" also changed. It had not changed for about 6 hours or more. I'm still on beta. He said the App Store version was updated. That not help yours?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed the temp badge didn't look right. I checked in Settings and the last push was only 30 minutes ago. I open the app and the temp changes by 8 or so degrees. The "reported at" also changed. It had not changed for about 6 hours or more. I'm still on beta. He said the App Store version was updated. That not help yours?

Nope in fact it seems worse. From when I posted here yesterday, I opened the app to kick start it again which It did because I then had alerts coming in on the lock screen every 5-10 mins....seriously. I was like wtf. Then at 1:40am it completely stalled out AGAIN and to top it all off...still no weather alerts either. We currently have 2 ATM. Neither one popped up on my lock screen.

Ughhhh. Very frustrating !!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Nope in fact it seems worse. From when I posted here yesterday, I opened the app to kick start it again which It did because I then had alerts coming in on the lock screen every 5-10 mins....seriously. I was like wtf. Then at 1:40am it completely stalled out AGAIN and to top it all off...still no weather alerts either. We currently have 2 ATM. Neither one popped up on my lock screen.

Ughhhh. Very frustrating !!!

I don't understand how they differ so much from phone to phone. Most apps work the same. We all get the same app. So what causes the difference? Cellular/wifi signal? Settings? Odd! 2 people can have everything set the same. Yet one will get the hourly notifications, and the other won't! I don't see this in other weather apps.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand how they differ so much from phone to phone. Most apps work the same. We all get the same app. So what causes the difference? Cellular/wifi signal? Settings? Odd! 2 people can have everything set the same. Yet one will get the hourly notifications, and the other won't! I don't see this in other weather apps.

I don't understand it either honestly. But I can tell you, when I was on iOS 8 (any version) I did not have all these issues with BW like I did from the first day of updating to iOS 9. iOS 9 just killed it somehow...somewhere along the line something is not communicating properly. I'm seriously going to need to find another weather app that functions properly, the whole idea of being able to have pretty icons sets is no longer keeping me content with the fact that the app can no longer behave and respond as it should, unfortunately...

When I still had my 5S, BW on iOS 9 didn't behave very well either, and that behavior is still present with my 6S+ now. I know I have good wifi and signal because every other app I have functions as it should except for that rare occasion my wifi gets stupid for a moment but then picks back up. Either way I don't have issues with any other apps like I do with BW.

I honestly still believe it's something with iOS 9...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand it either honestly. But I can tell you, when I was on iOS 8 (any version) I did not have all these issues with BW like I did from the first day of updating to iOS 9. iOS 9 just killed it somehow...somewhere along the line something is not communicating properly. I'm seriously going to need to find another weather app that functions properly, the whole idea of being able to have pretty icons sets is no longer keeping me content with the fact that the app can no longer behave and respond as it should, unfortunately...

When I still had my 5S, BW on iOS 9 didn't behave very well either, and that behavior is still present with my 6S+ now. I know I have good wifi and signal because every other app I have functions as it should except for that rare occasion my wifi gets stupid for a moment but then picks back up. Either way I don't have issues with any other apps like I do with BW.

That's how I feel about ProCamera. I like to use the time/date stamp it offers. For 2 years it showed the time in 12 hour time. After updating iOS 9, it went to 24 hour time. I've talked to Cocologics, Apple, and Comcast. No one has a clue. I have several weather apps. They all do something the others don't.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

BeWeather isn't updating at all today and I'm disappointed as it's been the best weather app I've used. I find the Storm app (By Underground) is a good alternative app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro