BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
pfluger,
Since a new beta is coming shortly, Should we delete the current beta & install current release from the App Store or keep the current beta till the next one is available?
TIA

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
pfluger,
Since a new beta is coming shortly, Should we delete the current beta & install current release from the App Store or keep the current beta till the next one is available?
TIA

The previous beta is no longer available in Testflight. I think they're the same. I'm on the App Store version. If you stay on that old beta long, things may quit working right.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Beta 2.2.21 is now available:

- Added setting to toggle weather alert red background hightlight (in app and widget)
- Fixed UV index not showing in watch complication

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Lookin' good so far!
9f061180b04abd9fbeae15931dbbbdd9.jpg

28d0c63949e61ef2dc2fdd4087922c5d.jpg

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I still get this occasionally on my iPad.
The main screen is overlapping the side column.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    925.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Has there been any resolution on beweather stalling out after a certain amount of time with lock screen updates that stop showing up?

This is stil happening to me even after the latest official App Store update. When it stalls out I have to open the app and then the lock screen updates will start up again....but then stalls out after a certain amount of time....this is getting very frustrating.

I have everything set properly and the app is left in the multi task tray along with background app refresh. I've tried changing weather stations, delete/reinstall etc...nothing has worked to correct the stalling out.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Has there been any resolution on beweather stalling out after a certain amount of time with lock screen updates that stop showing up?

This is stil happening to me even after the latest official App Store update. When it stalls out I have to open the app and then the lock screen updates will start up again....but then stalls out after a certain amount of time....this is getting very frustrating.

I have everything set properly and the app is left in the multi task tray along with background app refresh. I've tried changing weather stations, delete/reinstall etc...nothing has worked to correct the stalling out.

I'm not seeing that. It's working great now. Which phone did you say you use? Who is your wifi provider? Is it a strong signal? Something's not kosher there. It should work. Odd. Do you use the paid version or free? Actually, Pink, I really don't think it's the app that is your problem. Does any other app or system have any notification issues? Does your wifi ever quit for short times. Do you reboot your modem/router regularly?

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not seeing that. It's working great now. Which phone did you say you use? Who is your wifi provider? Is it a strong signal? Something's not kosher there. It should work. Odd. Do you use the paid version or free?

I'm not seeing that problem either.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not seeing that. It's working great now. Which phone did you say you use? Who is your wifi provider? Is it a strong signal? Something's not kosher there. It should work. Odd. Do you use the paid version or free? Actually, Pink, I really don't think it's the app that is your problem. Does any other app or system have any notification issues? Does your wifi ever quit for short times. Do you reboot your modem/router regularly?

Hey Led. Ok to answer your questions. I use a 5S with the paid version of beweather I also use the paid version on my mini without issues for the badge updating. I don't have the lock screen set up on the mini. I have a good wifi signal as well as provider. I get other notifications coming in without issue for both ,y 5S & mini. On a rare occasion I'll get a hiccup of wifi connection but issue with the weather is like almost a daily basis. At times I'll have to open the app just to get it to start sending lock screen notifications again and at other times it'll just start back up on its own which is rare. Even when I'm on LTE(Verizon) sometimes the weather will stop updating but when I check my signal I'm hovering around 98dcbm so I'd say that's a decent signal.

There's no rhyme or reason as to why it happens...

I haven't rebooted my modem or router in 3wks. I don't reboot unless I see an issue that could be brewing.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey Led. Ok to answer your questions. I use a 5S with the paid version of beweather I also use the paid version on my mini without issues for the badge updating. I don't have the lock screen set up on the mini. I have a good wifi signal as well as provider. I get other notifications coming in without issue for both ,y 5S & mini. On a rare occasion I'll get a hiccup of wifi connection but issue with the weather is like almost a daily basis. At times I'll have to open the app just to get it to start sending lock screen notifications again and at other times it'll just start back up on its own which is rare. Even when I'm on LTE(Verizon) sometimes the weather will stop updating but when I check my signal I'm hovering around 98dcbm so I'd say that's a decent signal.

There's no rhyme or reason as to why it happens...

I haven't rebooted my modem or router in 3wks. I don't reboot unless I see an issue that could be brewing.

With me it's more like periods of doing well, then I hit a spell where it does like you say and I have to open the app. I usually toggle "Lockscreen" off, then back on. Then it works. It's like a battery not holding it's charge.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
The official version 2.2.21 is out. If you are on the beta version please make sure you switch to the official release from the App Store.

? Added setting to toggle weather alert red background hightlight (in app and widget)
? Fixed UV index not showing in watch complication

PS: As always, please leave a review :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The official version 2.2.21 is out. If you are on the beta version please make sure you switch to the official release from the App Store.

? Added setting to toggle weather alert red background hightlight (in app and widget)
? Fixed UV index not showing in watch complication

PS: As always, please leave a review :)

Still showing 2.2.20 for me. I'll try again in a bit.

EDIT: Nevermind. It just updated.

Last edited:

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
The temp badge is still not updating as it should. It changes when I open the app. It used to work good.

Please open the phone's settings app, then go to BeWeather. What date/time does it show for 'Last Push'. This would be the last time the badge should have been updated while in the background.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Please open the phone's settings app, then go to BeWeather. What date/time does it show for 'Last Push'. This would be the last time the badge should have been updated while in the background.

Now it says 1:04pm. It's 3:02 pm. Last fetch was at 3:00 am.

An hour later it's still the same.

c7a99c44d178a663ffc15535538faeca.jpg

It lags just a tad.
d75c22800605b0b00c4f667810394793.jpg

It's 5:32 pm and still no push since 1:04.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh