BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Update 2: Back and forth. It works a while, then stops. It seems to be more consistent on my old iPhone 5. I'm really clueless. I hope the next update gets its going again like it was a week ago. Possible culprits are iOS 9.1, wifi, RAM issue, app bug with the 6s Plus.
I'm still on my 5S.

I'm having the same issue. It'll update for a while then just stall out. I have to open the app for it to start with the lock screen updates again...this started with iOS 9.1 again. On 9.0.2 it seemed like it may have been a bit more stable.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I think I found a bug with the radar overlay on the map.

When zoomed out the radar is not in the correct area. Look at these 2 pics. In the Lake Zurich pic the green rain area is just west of Rockford. In the 2nd pic with the radar zoomed out this same rain storm is shown in the middle of Wisconsin which is incorrect. You can duplicate this by zooming out on a current storm on the map.

Attachments

• IMG_0762.jpeg
    IMG_0762.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0763.jpeg
    IMG_0763.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 43

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think I found a bug with the radar overlay on the map.

When zoomed out the radar is not in the correct area. Look at these 2 pics. In the Lake Zurich pic the green rain area is just west of Rockford. In the 2nd pic with the radar zoomed out this same rain storm is shown in the middle of Wisconsin which is incorrect. You can duplicate this by zooming out on a current storm on the map.

There's a temperature difference between those two locations of 9?. I tested 2 locations on mine and didn't see that. It wouldn't be a BeWeather 2 bug anyways. That info comes from weather underground. They have had a few issues lately. It's like those two shots were at different times. But your clock says otherwise.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
You don't need to look at different locations to see the bug. Look at the storms around Midland, TX right now. Zoom at about the 1/2 state level. Then zoom out to where you see almost all of the USA and you will see the Midland storm jump up into New Mexico. You need to give it a few seconds after the zoom to reset to the the zoom level.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I see what you're talking about. It looks as if one shows the early time of the "in motion" weather and the other shows the end. It's what, a 2 or 3 hour difference? Odd it would do that way.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I see what you're talking about. It looks as if one shows the early time of the "in motion" weather and the other shows the end. It's what, a 2 or 3 hour difference? Odd it would do that way.

I don't think it is a 2/3 hours difference. These storms were moving mostly east. The zoomed out version shows it farther up north but at same east/west location. I think there is an overlay issue with the map is zoomed out.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it is a 2/3 hours difference. These storms were moving mostly east. The zoomed out version shows it farther up north but at same east/west location. I think there is an overlay issue with the map is zoomed out.

Could be that. I do know the map behaves kind of clunky zooming in and out compared to my local TV station's app map.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
The official 2.2.20 has just been approved and is now available in the App Store.

- Added support for showing 'Wind Gust' data in weather slots on app/widget/watch
- Added new option ‘Temperature and Chance of Rain’ to small watch complications
- Removed red background for advisory bar in app and replaced it with an alert icon
- Fixed hurricane data not observing units/wind units
- Fixed a display bug when showing hurricane tracks on map
- Potential fix for Watch app not following GPS location
- Improved Watch complication to update more regularly
- Changes to Watch complication settings should now apply to the complication immediately

Last edited:

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Another beta is coming soon. Including a setting to toggle the red weather alert background ;)

I'm confused. Is this app still a beta? I thought the version in the App Store was a public, finished version?

If the current versions are still beta, when will the final version be released?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on the matter.

ejraney

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused. Is this app still a beta? I thought the version in the App Store was a public, finished version?

If the current versions are still beta, when will the final version be released?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on the matter.
The version in the app store is the public, finished version. There is also a beta version that most of us here are testing, before updates are pushed out to the app store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods