BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's 9.1. My old 5 is on 9.1, and it works great. Not sure what it is. Odd.

Yeah Led....I honestly don't know either. I've tried EVERYTHING including changing weather stations and it still behaves spotty. I haven't changed anything (except update to ios9) and all my settings are as the should be because as iv stated before, it'll update for X amounts of hourly without a hitch, then it just "gets stupid" as I like to say lol and stall out till I reopen the app to "jump start" it again.

I'm clueless

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah Led....I honestly don't know either. I've tried EVERYTHING including changing weather stations and it still behaves spotty. I haven't changed anything (except update to ios9) and all my settings are as the should be because as iv stated before, it'll update for X amounts of hourly without a hitch, then it just "gets stupid" as I like to say lol and stall out till I reopen the app to "jump start" it again.

I'm clueless

I discovered my wifi had switched to the Xfinity wifi community wifi. It's not a strong a signal as my regular Comcast wifi. I changed it back and the widget works again with 5 sections. Haven't checked the hourly notification yet. [Crosses fingers]

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Very interesting..... you know, talking about the weather is a mechanism for people with nothing in common and nothing to say to be able to converse with each other !

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apparently it was the wifi causing my BeWeather 2 issues! SMH! It had switched to Xfinitywifi, which is a community wide wifi service by Comcast. It's not a good signal where I live. But as soon as I got back on my regular Comcast wifi, all my BeWeather woes were over.
[Fingers still crossed].

0481a888a1163725697b73dc6b09c5b3.jpg

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Apparently it was the wifi causing my BeWeather 2 issues! SMH! It had switched to Xfinitywifi, which is a community wide wifi service by Comcast. It's not a good signal where I live. But as soon as I got back on my regular Comcast wifi, all my BeWeather woes were over.
[Fingers still crossed].

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/26/0481a888a1163725697b73dc6b09c5b3.jpg

We have personal wifi set up for our router and it's always another thing I ck to make sure I'm connected. So I know what happened with yours switching itself did not happen with me. Idk what else it could be !

Strangely enough I opened BW today mid noonish and it has updated every hour without issue, whether I was home on wifi or out in another town on LTE.

Go figure !!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting lock screen notifications on a regular basis all of a sudden. I'm still on the old beta because I like the "RED BAR"...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445904880.559055.jpg

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Like the red alert much better than a warning sign. Definitely easier to pick up AND read right away of what is going on. Less clicks or none actually.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
@pfluger It's still not working. I thought I had it solved with the wifi. But it's back to the widget not loading and the hourly notifications not working. Those two go hand in hand. If one works, they both work. The widget doesn't work on WiFi or cellular. I haven't tested the hourly on cellular yet. Both the widget with 5 sections and the hourly notifications work on my old iPhone 5, but not on my 6s Plus. It all worked fine until a couple days ago. What happened? Is it something you can fix?

Update: The hourly notifications seem to be working again. The widget sorta works. It's unstable. It may work for a while with the 5 sections I choose, then it won't. If "Last Updated" is one of the 5, it works no problem. If "Location Switcher" is one of the 5 it doesn't do well. Any 4 combination works ok.

Update 2: Back and forth. It works a while, then stops. It seems to be more consistent on my old iPhone 5. I'm really clueless. I hope the next update gets its going again like it was a week ago. Possible culprits are iOS 9.1, wifi, RAM issue, app bug with the 6s Plus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice