BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
My notification isn't working at all, I have everything on but it doesn't work.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My notification isn't working at all, I have everything on but it doesn't work.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Phone has to be locked. But you should still get the special alerts for severe, fog, fire and etc. If you want the hourly notifications, lock the phone.

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
The first at the top is your default, or the one GPS picks up as your current location. You can tap the location name at the top and change the PWS.
View attachment 95480

In addition to the first "default", I add a second location for my home. The "default" changes with your current location. If you're on vacation in Florida, it will show that.

Thanks!
I understand that much, but just wanted to see if its possible (or maybe something that can be implemented), to change what the app automatically picks for the default PWS for my home address. Just to require a little less time and taps. :) Unfortunately my area has a couple cheaper PWS's covering it, and the one that gets chosen for default (GPS), has missing or off information.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!
I understand that much, but just wanted to see if its possible (or maybe something that can be implemented), to change what the app automatically picks for the default PWS for my home address. Just to require a little less time and taps. :) Unfortunately my area has a couple cheaper PWS's covering it, and the one that gets chosen for default (GPS), has missing or off information.

The default, or the first location in the location menu is a GPS of your current location, wherever you are at the time. You can set the PWS for that location whichever one you want that's available. You only need to set it once. It should remain on that PWS as long as you remain at that location. It will only change if you manually change it. In addition, you can add a 2nd location for your home and set it to whichever PWS you prefer. This one should remain on your home location regardless of where you are. In mine, the first GPS location of home is set to a PWS and it remains there unless I go out of town or manually change it. The second on the list is also home, but is set to the airport here. It will stay like that unless I change it.
Can you not change your PWS? it should remain on the one you choose.
9ec4c1fd473d47003fea2e96fc5d47b3.jpg

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what the deal is. I have location services as always and background app refresh on. The location data on the watch won't update unless I open the app on the phone. And even with background refresh on, the app always has to take a minute to refresh itself. Then, the temp badge shows maybe 76? on the watch but like 73? on the app for the same location. Takes it awhile for it to refresh the same data on the watch. Personally, I'm getting tired of the differences in temps and location data.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what the deal is. I have location services as always and background app refresh on. The location data on the watch won't update unless I open the app on the phone. And even with background refresh on, the app always has to take a minute to refresh itself. Then, the temp badge shows maybe 76? on the watch but like 73? on the app for the same location. Takes it awhile for it to refresh the same data on the watch. Personally, I'm getting tired of the differences in temps and location data.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Just remember too it's back on beta. So it's still a work in progress. They'll get it right soon enough.

stepchild

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Yesterday I went to several locations and spent time at each location. Keep in mind I wasn't there to check if the watch would update. My phone was in my pocket the whole time. And at each location and back home the watch update to correct location. So right now it seems to be working.

The only thing I would love to see is the watch update faster.

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
The default, or the first location in the location menu is a GPS of your current location, wherever you are at the time. You can set the PWS for that location whichever one you want that's available. You only need to set it once. It should remain on that PWS as long as you remain at that location. It will only change if you manually change it. In addition, you can add a 2nd location for your home and set it to whichever PWS you prefer. This one should remain on your home location regardless of where you are. In mine, the first GPS location of home is set to a PWS and it remains there unless I go out of town or manually change it. The second on the list is also home, but is set to the airport here. It will stay like that unless I change it.
Can you not change your PWS? it should remain on the one you choose.
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/21/9ec4c1fd473d47003fea2e96fc5d47b3.jpg

Yes, I can change the PWS. I just wanted to see if this could be accomplished without the extra taps. So when I'm at home, I open the app and GPS will always pick up on the PWS that doesn't really supply data. From here I can change to another nearby PWS that has more data, but when I leave home, the next time I return and open the app, GPS will pick up on that original PWS again. Which from there I go and choose the other nearby with more data.

I see what you're saying about setting a second location, but I just wanted to see if this could be done with the main GPS location, so checking up on the weather would be just a little quicker and not need the extra taps. :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I can change the PWS. I just wanted to see if this could be accomplished without the extra taps. So when I'm at home, I open the app and GPS will always pick up on the PWS that doesn't really supply data. From here I can change to another nearby PWS that has more data, but when I leave home, the next time I return and open the app, GPS will pick up on that original PWS again. Which from there I go and choose the other nearby with more data.

I see what you're saying about setting a second location, but I just wanted to see if this could be done with the main GPS location, so checking up on the weather would be just a little quicker and not need the extra taps. :)

When I'm at home it opens to the PWS I set it to. It doesn't change while at home. It stays whee I set it. Yours doesn't stay where you set it?

stepchild

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I think he is saying that when at home and he changes PWS it stays there. However when he goes to a different location and then comes home it defaults to PWS with limited data. Then he has to manually change it. I think he wants to know if he can get it to always use the PWS he wants while at home without having to manually change it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think he is saying that when at home and he changes PWS it stays there. However when he goes to a different location and then comes home it defaults to PWS with limited data. Then he has to manually change it. I think he wants to know if he can get it to always use the PWS he wants while at home without having to manually change it.

I figured as much. It probably goes to the nearest station to the home location. I don't have that issue because the nearest is my favorite. LOL I would report that station to weather underground. Maybe they would drop them.??

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
@pfluger Everything was working great, until this morning. Now the hourly notifications don't show, and the widget will no longer load with 5 sections. It does with 4. What would cause these to stop working?

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

Yes! This is correct! :)

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
A new beta build is available. Version 2.2.20 brings the following changes:

- Removed red background from weather advisory bar in app. Added alert icon instead.
- Added new option ‘Temperature and Chance of Rain’ to small watch complications

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
A new beta build is available. Version 2.2.20 brings the following changes:

- Removed red background from weather advisory bar in app. Added alert icon instead.
- Added new option ?Temperature and Chance of Rain? to small watch complications

I actually liked the "red advisory bar"....it let's you know with a glance.

Status
Not open for further replies.