BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Is background App refresh on for BeWeather? If not, turn it on. You might try deleting your location/locations and entering them back.
Background app refresh is on. I've deleted the whole app and set it back up. No luck.
Make sure you do not quit BeWeather by swiping it off the app switcher.

Yes I make sure I'm keeping it running in the multi task switcher and not flicking it out

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Background app refresh is on. I've deleted the whole app and set it back up. No luck.

Yes I make sure I'm keeping it running in the multi task switcher and not flicking it out

Have you always had this problem? Or a lot of the time? I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the personal weather stations there. Maybe the next update will fix it. You've done about all you can do..

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you always had this problem? Or a lot of the time? I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the personal weather stations there. Maybe the next update will fix it. You've done about all you can do..

Nope never had this problem before updating to iOS 9. That's when I noticed the change. I don't what else to do. I'm not restoring my phone either just for this. I always do a clean install on the Mac when there's an update whether it minor or a full iOS upgrade(like 8 to 9). Prior to iOS 9 on a very very rare occasion it wouldn't up date maybe one hour or two but then just opening the app and refreshing it fixed the problem. But like I said that was a very rare occurrence.

I'm going to wind up changing weather apps because this has become extremely unreliable for me

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Nope never had this problem before updating to iOS 9. That's when I noticed the change. I don't what else to do. I'm not restoring my phone either just for this. I always do a clean install on the Mac when there's an update whether it minor or a full iOS upgrade(like 8 to 9). Prior to iOS 9 on a very very rare occasion it wouldn't up date maybe one hour or two but then just opening the app and refreshing it fixed the problem. But like I said that was a very rare occurrence.

I'm going to wind up changing weather apps because this has become extremely unreliable for me

I'm not getting the hourly notifications since it went down yesterday. I've deleted it and reinstalled. Haven't had time to test it yet. Had a Dr appointment.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not getting the hourly notifications since it went down yesterday. I've deleted it and reinstalled. Haven't had time to test it yet. Had a Dr appointment.

Thanks !! When Pfluger posted the update to .18 it started working just ok...but then when the server for WU went down yesterday that's it from there it completely killed the app for me too. Idk wtf is going

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks !! When Pfluger posted the update to .18 it started working just ok...but then when the server for WU went down yesterday that's it from there it completely killed the app for me too. Idk wtf is going

The issue yesterday was with weather underground. Not much pfluger can do about that. I deleted and reinstalled, but keep forgetting to check on the hour. I have to close and lock the screen first. It's set on 5 minutes, but I forget. LOL

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
@pfluger The hourly notifications have stopped working since it went down yesterday. I deleted and reinstalled the app, but it still no longer works. Others report the same.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The issue yesterday was with weather underground. Not much pfluger can do about that. I deleted and reinstalled, but keep forgetting to check on the hour. I have to close and lock the screen first. It's set on 5 minutes, but I forget. LOL

Ok thanks ! I know....I understand what happened with WU has nothing to do with pfluger and if it came off that way I apologize. I certainly didn't mean it that way. I was just expressing myself out of frustration with the app not updating as it should.

I can say when the app was updated to .18 it started to work, but then WU going down killed it and it won't respond to hourly lock screen alerts or weather alerts any more. My icon badge won't update either. My iPad mini is acting the same way, no response.

Oh I hope his can get sorted soon this is my fave weather app and the only one I have installed since it came out !

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
@pfluger The hourly notifications still do not work. Odd thing happened this morning though. I got notifications for frost and fire early before 5 am. The hourly weather notification came in with those. But hasn't appeared since. I don't know if that's helpful or not, but wanted to show it.
a8345c2113e21fc461df50f0c2474452.jpg

stepchild

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The app works just fine on my phone, but not on my watch. I was at a cook out at my son's house last night and the app updated to his location just fine. However the watch didn't. I tried ever thing and still a no go. Just before we left it had update to correct location. when we got home app updated, but watch did not. In fact it's still on my son's location. I really hope this gets fixed us I love the app.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok, the hourly notifications are working again. I have Touch ID toggled off for phone lock. It's set on 5 minutes. I turn it off at 5 til the hour. It comes in at :01 or :02. It also works on my iPhone 5. It would be great if the hourly worked without the phone being locked. I could set notifications for "Alerts" and have it show on a pop up.
The temp badge still does not update unless the app is opened.

Last edited:

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
The app works just fine on my phone, but not on my watch. I was at a cook out at my son's house last night and the app updated to his location just fine. However the watch didn't. I tried ever thing and still a no go. Just before we left it had update to correct location. when we got home app updated, but watch did not. In fact it's still on my son's location. I really hope this gets fixed us I love the app.

This has been a known issue that I brought up earlier in the thread. He stated its a known issue and it's being worked on.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
A new beta is available on Testflight. Changes in 2.2.19:

- Added support for showing 'Wind Gust' data in weather slots on app/widget/watch
- Fixed hurricane data not observing units/wind units
- Fixed a display bug when showing hurricane tracks on map
- Potential fix for Watch app not following GPS location
- Improved Watch complication to update more regularly
- Changes to Watch complication settings should now apply to the complication immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234