BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Already tried twice actually. Along with a reboot. Kinda it just popped up because I've used the feature before and it was fine.

Maybe it will clear up in the next update. That's not even a feature I use. My checking it may have been the first time I've used it in BeWeather 2. I think I did in Weather Underground.

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I noticed a few things in BeWeather that I thought you guys/gals could shed some light on.

1. Let's say the Hi/Lo is 83/63 as reported by Weather Underground. However, the current temperature is 85. BeWeather will actually change the Hi temp to 85 in the top part of the App as it is currently higher than what is reported. Please see the screenshot below. I would assume this is a bug..but could it be by design? The same happens with the Lows...if current temp is actually lower than the reported Low Temp, it changes.

20gih75.jpg

2. Sometimes I will notice slight discrepancies between Weather Underground's app and what is reported in BeWeather. 98% of the time the data matches perfectly. I don't know if this would be a bug or if it might have something to do with Weather Underground's API and how BeWeather pulls the data...maybe it's not BeWeather's fault, so to speak. Please see screenshot below for a quick example:

2iqzthj.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I noticed a few things in BeWeather that I thought you guys/gals could shed some light on.

1. Let's say the Hi/Lo is 83/63 as reported by Weather Underground. However, the current temperature is 85. BeWeather will actually change the Hi temp to 85 in the top part of the App as it is currently higher than what is reported. Please see the screenshot below. I would assume this is a bug..but could it be by design? The same happens with the Lows...if current temp is actually lower than the reported Low Temp, it changes.

http://i60.tinypic.com/20gih75.jpg

2. Sometimes I will notice slight discrepancies between Weather Underground's app and what is reported in BeWeather. 98% of the time the data matches perfectly. I don't know if this would be a bug or if it might have something to do with Weather Underground's API and how BeWeather pulls the data...maybe it's not BeWeather's fault, so to speak. Please see screenshot below for a quick example:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2iqzthj.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

In #1, the top 85? is the actual temp reached at that time. The other two were predictions. It got warmer than expected.
#2 is you thinking Weather Underground and BeWeather 2 should be exactly the same. Time factors in reporting can cause those slight differences. Generally the personal weather stations report often. So a 2 minute difference can show discrepancy. Why does this bother you?

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I hate to say it but beweather its starting to feel like abandonware with no recent updates or developer communication, especially compared to the beta testing days.

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
In #1, the top 85? is the actual temp reached at that time. The other two were predictions. It got warmer than expected.
#2 is you thinking Weather Underground and BeWeather 2 should be exactly the same. Time factors in reporting can cause those slight differences. Generally the personal weather stations report often. So a 2 minute difference can show discrepancy. Why does this bother you?

Thank you for the response.

So, for number 1, you're saying it will adjust the Hi accordingly at the top, but not the bottom...IF the temperature is higher than the prediction? That's all I am asking, is if it's by design or a bug. Because Weather Underground doesn't do this...if the current temp is higher than the prediction, it still reports the predicted high as the high.

So I just wanted to know If it was BeWeather smart design or if it was a bug.

That's all.

For number 2, it doesn't BOTHER me. I was just wondering. I didn't even think about delays in updates. I just downloaded the WU app and compared it a few times and thought I would ask. Thank you for the answer.

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I hate to say it but beweather its starting to feel like abandonware with no recent updates or developer communication, especially compared to the beta testing days.

Sometimes it does seem that way. Pfluger did say that they are working on Watch OS 2 support and a new update for iOS 9. I sure hope they don't abandon the app. Would be terribly disappointed given how great it is

Maybe Pfluger could chime in soon to let us know how things are going.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

So, for number 1, you're saying it will adjust the Hi accordingly at the top, but not the bottom...IF the temperature is higher than the prediction? That's all I am asking, is if it's by design or a bug. Because Weather Underground doesn't do this...if the current temp is higher than the prediction, it still reports the predicted high as the high.

So I just wanted to know If it was BeWeather smart design or if it was a bug.

That's all.

For number 2, it doesn't BOTHER me. I was just wondering. I didn't even think about delays in updates. I just downloaded the WU app and compared it a few times and thought I would ask. Thank you for the answer.

I don't think the prediction changes. Even if it's wrong. It might the day before, but not the day of. If I had a personal weather station I probably wouldn't bother with it either. At least they change the "hi/lo" to be in sync with the correct temps. Besides, if it's already happening, then it's no longer a prediction.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
A lot of us spend a great deal of time beta testing the app. It would just he respectful to give us an update, even if he can share specifics.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It's been about 4? months since the last update. There's an issue or two that needs a fix. He's likely waiting to do it all in iOS 9. We're getting close.

He stated as much a while back. He had a version almost ready for watchOS 1.01, but switched to working on a watchOS 2.0 / iOS 9 version.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
A lot of us spend a great deal of time beta testing the app. It would just he respectful to give us an update, even if he can share specifics.

If you had been involved in the actual beta test last summer, you would have received a free version as "thank you".

Last edited:

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the long time again since keeping you updated.

We are still working on a new version. We hope to have to ready for iOS 9 release.

Maybe we can get a test version up earlier on Testflight. I will post here again once we have something ready.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

I had to dig through the sources, and yes, BeWeather is adjusting both the hi/lo temperatures display if the current temperature is higher or lower than the predictions. This happens only for the display in the top part of the screen.

SWFLFFPM

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a couple of issues/bugs:

The radar pin that shows the location of the weather station doesn't update when the station changes-it is always one behind.

When going to full screen radar is there anyway to stop the animation from playing automatically ? I know to hit the stop button but when I go to radar I want to see the current radar not 30 minutes ago in a loop.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a couple of issues/bugs:

The radar pin that shows the location of the weather station doesn't update when the station changes-it is always one behind.

When going to full screen radar is there anyway to stop the animation from playing automatically ? I know to hit the stop button but when I go to radar I want to see the current radar not 30 minutes ago in a loop.

If I leave the radar map with the animation running, then I go back, it's on. If I turn it off before leaving, then it's off when I go back.
I didn't follow your first issue with the pin. One what behind? How does the pin update? Do you mean the location of the pin does not change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh