BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Where? The text forecast at the bottom?

No, the little graphical daily forecast, both in the app and widget. Here's a pic:

[img=http://s3.postimg.org/lnkldmvxr/image.jpg]

For example, it's Monday and Monday used to show at the beginning of that list, but recently was replaced with Tuesday. It's Monday...why wouldn't Monday's icon show there to indicate the weather for the rest of Monday? Is it because it's just too close to Tuesday so it gives you tomorrow's forecast. I think it changed over around 5pm or so.

Not a big deal, just curious if this was a bug. Weather Underground keeps the current day in the weekly forecast up until midnight.

Let me know if you notice the same thing.
Im not being critical, but just asking questions. I'm new to this app. Loving it so far as I've expressed to the talented developers here.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
No, the little graphical daily forecast, both in the app and widget. Here's a pic:

For example, it's Monday and Monday used to show at the beginning of that list, but recently was replaced with Tuesday. It's Monday...why wouldn't Monday's icon show there to indicate the weather for the rest of Monday? Is it because it's just too close to Tuesday so it gives you tomorrow's forecast. I think it changed over around 5pm or so.

Not a big deal, just curious if this was a bug. Weather Underground keeps the current day in the weekly forecast up until midnight.

Don't think it's a "bug". Since it's a "forecast", at some point it stops being a "forecast" and becomes "what today's weather is/was like".

It's 4:43pm currently in Phoenix and mine still shows Monday ... Sunday.

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Don't think it's a "bug". Since it's a "forecast", at some point it stops being a "forecast" and becomes "what today's weather is/was like".

It's 4:43pm currently in Phoenix and mine still shows Monday ... Sunday.

Thanks for the reply Hank. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you able to clarify.

Are you saying at some point it would likely drop off since it is a daily forecast and it's closer to the end of the day, as I previously mentioned?

Sorry for not understanding.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Hank. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you able to clarify.

Are you saying at some point it would likely drop off since it is a daily forecast and it's closer to the end of the day, as I previously mentioned?

Sorry for not understanding.

Yeah, at some point during the day, the weather ceases being a "forecast" (what IS to come) and simply becomes "the weather". Why would you need a forecast for Monday's weather at 6 pm? At that point, Monday is over. So the "daily forecast" becomes pointless. At that point, you should/could use the "hourly forecast" for the rest of the evening/overnight.

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, at some point during the day, the weather ceases being a "forecast" (what IS to come) and simply becomes "the weather". Why would you need a forecast for Monday's weather at 6 pm? At that point, Monday is over. So the "daily forecast" becomes pointless. At that point, you should/could use the "hourly forecast" for the rest of the evening/overnight.

Understood. Thanks very much for the helpful answer.

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I guess I got kind of confused because of how I have my widget.

The text forecast is still giving me Monday's forecast while the daily forecast is no longer.

So it goes:

Current conditions (Monday)
Minutely (Monday)
Hourly (Monday)
Daily (Monday excluded - starts with Tuesday)
Text - (Monday)

Just got confused by that for whatever reason.

Thanks for the answer. I tend to ask bizarre questions.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Im not being critical, but just asking questions. I'm new to this app. Loving it so far as I've expressed to the talented developers here.

You have the current day in the hourly forecast above that.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431995770.165550.jpg

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Littledebbie,
I remember this happening once before but it resolved itself fairly quickly.
Mine shows Tuesday as well
Good Luck

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have NO problems to report. Just wish there was some new weather sets with the Apple icons in different colors.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432135472.830201.jpg

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm not having any real issues right now either! Ever since Pfluger reported the changes on the back-end they made, my weather has been updating in real time. I even check Weather Underground's app and the data is identical 99% of the time.

So glad that has been fixed. This app is awesome!

No gigantic ads taking up large portions of the screen, causing lag and sluggishness while scrolling.
No location services that need to be enabled to enjoy the widget.
Widget actually displays useful information!
and on and on and on and on..

Hope they keep fine-tuning and tweaking and making it even better. It's already so good.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Here's what a difference of location can make. The one on the left is a personal weather station. On the right is the airport. The airport lags behind. Note also the personal weather station is set as the "current location" and is the only location to show the minutely rainfall.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432158994.508289.jpg

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I do notice if there is an alert (red banner going across screen) that it pushed the top most information up and off screen. You can't scroll it down into being visible either.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I do notice if there is an alert (red banner going across screen) that it pushed the top most information up and off screen. You can't scroll it down into being visible either.

There was an issue with that early on, but I haven't seen it in a while. I'll check next time there's an alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.