BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Thank you very much for the response, pfluger! I am hopeful these things will be taken care of. (especially the data not updating for several hours) I really look forward to the fixes and updates with this app. It has the potential to be the best weather app on any platform I've ever used. Honestly.

Regards,
Eric

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
@pfluger Do you have any idea why the "feels like" is always equal to the current temp. This was the case when I used Weather Underground and still shows that way in BeWeather 2, regardless of the location, weather station or airport. Any idea on what causes that?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
@pfluger Do you have any idea why the "feels like" is always equal to the current temp. This was the case when I used Weather Underground and still shows that way in BeWeather 2, regardless of the location, weather station or airport. Any idea on what causes that?

Same here Ledsteplin, for the 9 cities I have saved
Good Luck

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thing is, some people don't have that issue. Why not? I know it's Weather Underground. Odd

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've installed the BeWeather2 Pro app on my 5S & I really dig the widget. But I seem to encounter some issues.

So the data is collected from WeatherUnderground but it seems to me it doesn't collect in realtime. I have added an addtional location, being Orlando FL using the default station -> WFTV, Channel 9.

On the WU site & mobile app this data refreshes in realtime but the BeWeather2 app lacks several hours. For example when it's 6am in Orlando the BeWeather2 app says "Reported at 12am" while the WU app/site shows the realtime information (using same station on both apps). Also WU actually shows the windspeed while the BeWeather2 app claims it's always 0 or some negative one-thousand.

Is there a time limit on refreshing the data from WU for additional locations? I don't have this issue with the "current location" feed.

Already tried reinstalling and resetting settings but that was no help. Changing weather station for these locations doesn't always seem useful because in most cases it shows the name of the station instead of the city, like when I choose "Orlando Airport" it shows "Executive" in the widget instead of "Orlando".

I have similar issues where my available PWS's in the BeWeather2 app don't display wind speeds. For me, the default station is always at 0. I think I may have seen it at either 1 or 2mph before, but when checked against other sources their wind speeds reported much higher. The #2 PWS for my home location always displays -9999mph. The #3 PWS displays wind speeds more inline with other sources, but then has other info that seems off, like higher temps and humidity levels almost always near 100% while the others report very differently. It's also kind of a hassle to always have to manually pick #3 for wind speeds and then go back to others for temp, humidity etc.

I have checked on the wunderground site, and it shows what type of weather station is in use for each PWS. Unfortunately all the ones available to me through the BeWeather2 app for my area are the really cheap ones, or just aren't being maintained. You can send reports for wrong/bad reports for the PWS, which I have done before but I don't think anything will really be done.

I think what could really help this app out, especially for people in areas like myself that aren't being covered by the better PWS stations, is the ability to select which nearby PWS you want to be default for your particular home area instead of just picking the closest one.

Also, comparing it side by side with the Dark Sky app (which has problems of its own), the BeWeather2 app seems to need clearing out of memory before getting the dark sky info updated. If dark sky is opened and shows a particular "next hour" forecast, then say 10 minutes later there's a change, in my experience BeWeather won't report that update until cleared out of memory.

This app is awesome and has so much potential but I currently can't rely on it to be my main weather app, because of needing to rely on PWS's in my area that unfortunately don't seem to be very good.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Looks like the "Feels Like" is beginning to display different reading than the temp on some of my saved locations including my current location.
Good Luck

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have similar issues where my available PWS's in the BeWeather2 app don't display wind speeds. For me, the default station is always at 0. I think I may have seen it at either 1 or 2mph before, but when checked against other sources their wind speeds reported much higher. The #2 PWS for my home location always displays -9999mph. The #3 PWS displays wind speeds more inline with other sources, but then has other info that seems off, like higher temps and humidity levels almost always near 100% while the others report very differently. It's also kind of a hassle to always have to manually pick #3 for wind speeds and then go back to others for temp, humidity etc.

I have checked on the wunderground site, and it shows what type of weather station is in use for each PWS. Unfortunately all the ones available to me through the BeWeather2 app for my area are the really cheap ones, or just aren't being maintained. You can send reports for wrong/bad reports for the PWS, which I have done before but I don't think anything will really be done.

I think what could really help this app out, especially for people in areas like myself that aren't being covered by the better PWS stations, is the ability to select which nearby PWS you want to be default for your particular home area instead of just picking the closest one.

Also, comparing it side by side with the Dark Sky app (which has problems of its own), the BeWeather2 app seems to need clearing out of memory before getting the dark sky info updated. If dark sky is opened and shows a particular "next hour" forecast, then say 10 minutes later there's a change, in my experience BeWeather won't report that update until cleared out of memory.

This app is awesome and has so much potential but I currently can't rely on it to be my main weather app, because of needing to rely on PWS's in my area that unfortunately don't seem to be very good.

Mine works fine. It's more pinpoint than my other weather apps that mostly use the airport info, which is usually delayed. It comes from the National Weather Service, but it somehow gets slowed down via the airport.

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
anxiously awaiting some news about this App...call me a weather geek, but I seriously check this forum 5 times a day to see what pluger and the developers have to say

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
anxiously awaiting some news about this App...call me a weather geek, but I seriously check this forum 5 times a day to see what pluger and the developers have to say

Maybe soon. I'm not concerned with rainfall totals. The minutely works well for me in showing current rain activity, and tells us when it's going to start and stop. We also get the % rain forecast. If we're getting a lot of rain, we'll get a flood alert that includes the rainfall totals.

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
yeah, I'm not so much concerned about that either..I don't want to nit pick...I'd just like some of the bugs fixed..especially the weather for manually added locations not updating for several hours at a time.

Can't wait for the next update...hope this app remains maintained and doesn't get abandoned..I honestly dislike the other weather apps out there

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
yeah, I'm not so much concerned about that either..I don't want to nit pick...I'd just like some of the bugs fixed..especially the weather for manually added locations not updating for several hours at a time.

Can't wait for the next update...hope this app remains maintained and doesn't get abandoned..I honestly dislike the other weather apps out there

The updates really depend on the personal weather stations and the airport. They differ. The personal weather station I use is prompt in their updates. More so than the airport which most other weather apps use. I have 1 personal station and the airport on my app along with 3 other cities.

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
The updates really depend on the personal weather stations and the airport. They differ. The personal weather station I use is prompt in their updates. More so than the airport which most other weather apps use. I have 1 personal station and the airport on my app along with 3 other cities.

I'm not sure if that's accurate. I have the Weather Underground app set up with my hometown as one of the locations. The weather station it is using is PWS number 1. In BeWeather I have the same location set up and also chose the exact same PWS..number 1.

The Weather Underground app updates very frequently...probably every 2-3 minutes. And it's not just the app reporting that it refreshed the data, the data will be different and be in real time.

BeWeather will be stale for hours..and hours..and hours at a time.

To the point where I will look at the hourly forecast in BeWeather and it will say "Now..12pm...1pm...2pm..." while it's already 7pm at night. The weather underground app, same exact PWS, will have it updated appropriately and say: Now...8pm...9pm...etc

Hopefully that makes sense.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if that's accurate. I have the Weather Underground app set up with my hometown as one of the locations. The weather station it is using is PWS number 1. In BeWeather I have the same location set up and also chose the exact same PWS..number 1.

The Weather Underground app updates very frequently...probably every 2-3 minutes. And it's not just the app reporting that it refreshed the data, the data will be different and be in real time.

BeWeather will be stale for hours..and hours..and hours at a time.

To the point where I will look at the hourly forecast in BeWeather and it will say "Now..12pm...1pm...2pm..." while it's already 7pm at night. The weather underground app, same exact PWS, will have it updated appropriately and say: Now...8pm...9pm...etc

Hopefully that makes sense.

Don't know what to tell you. Here's 2 locations on mine. One is the airport and the other a personal weather station.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430951273.123177.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430951284.875062.jpg

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Do you have other personal station locations or an airport? There's times when the airport is 4 hours behind the stations.

Seriously though, I don't think they should be behind at all.

Go to Weather Underground's website and load up the same station you use. See what time it's reporting and if it shows more up-to-date information.

gvmelbrty

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Maybe soon. I'm not concerned with rainfall totals. The minutely works well for me in showing current rain activity, and tells us when it's going to start and stop. We also get the % rain forecast. If we're getting a lot of rain, we'll get a flood alert that includes the rainfall totals.
To each his own of course.. But the whole point of Beweather integration with the WU personal weather station network is to display actual observed data at each station. Rainfall is one of the data points that most PWS currently provide (and one whose data can vary greatly from stations even a couple miles apart.) If pedictions and percentages of chance are ok for rainfall, then why not just display the same regional data for temp, wind speed/direction and humidity issued by the NWS from the nearest airport like all the other weather apps? It's specific observed data from personal weather stations that sets Beweather apart - for me at least. .. And while we're on the subject, many PWS can provide solar radiation data - also missing from Beweather. This can tell you if it's cloudy or clear at that actual weather station.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
To each his own of course.. But the whole point of Beweather integration with the WU personal weather station network is to display actual observed data at each station. Rainfall is one of the data points that most PWS currently provide (and one whose data can vary greatly from stations even a couple miles apart.) If pedictions and percentages of chance are ok for rainfall, then why not just display the same regional data for temp, wind speed/direction and humidity issued by the NWS from the nearest airport like all the other weather apps? It's specific observed data from personal weather stations that sets Beweather apart - for me at least. .. And while we're on the subject, many PWS can provide solar radiation data - also missing from Beweather. This can tell you if it's cloudy or clear at that actual weather station.

I can't answer that. Maybe @pflufer will come along and answer the questions about rainfall totals. It could be one of the 4 options displayed along with wind, humidity and etc. I had not even thought about it until you brought it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox