BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It works well on my iPad, but I am not a fan of the site list being constantly displayed on the home screen. I find it quite distracting. I much prefer the look of the iPhone version over the iPad view.
I don't have an iPad, but don't think I would like that view either.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Working great for me. Still the beta.
4516ab0fc3ec14c349f1cc01252aabcb.jpg

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
How would you rather see it displayed on the iPad? How are other weather apps displayed? Did it not use the full screen for the weather early on? Seems I recall it did, then it was changed. There must have been a reason other than looks.

I'd much rather have the list of other sites hidden, as it is on the iPhone version. I'd be open to another design, but I find this list down the left side of the app invasive and quite distracting. For those who like it, perhaps the option to show/hide the list could be a configuration option similar to the weather map thing.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
After today's iPad update, Beweather was working fine for me, through the app and notification center widget. Just this evening the widget in the notification center has stopped working correctly. When I pull the shade down Beweather will be blank but then blink for a second showing the weather, then disappear again...etc. The "blinking cycle" keeps repeating.

Any one else seeing this? I'm on an iPad Air 1st gen with Beweather version 2.1.42.

tapped out from my P!NK fingers on my iPad Air

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've already tried to swipe out the app from the switcher and re-open it as well as turning off/on. Neither worked and I'm still getting the blinking widget.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
After today's iPad update, Beweather was working fine for me, through the app and notification center widget. Just this evening the widget in the notification center has stopped working correctly. When I pull the shade down Beweather will be blank but then blink for a second showing the weather, then disappear again...etc. The "blinking cycle" keeps repeating.

Any one else seeing this? I'm on an iPad Air 1st gen with Beweather version 2.1.42.

I've already tried to swipe out the app from the switcher and re-open it as well as turning off/on. Neither worked and I'm still getting the blinking widget.

OK, never mind!! User error. I just realized I had more than 5 items selected as options for the widget causing it to blink and not load properly.........although I never had any issues with it up until today's update.

Oh well, easy fix!

EDIT: I SPOKE TOO SOON. The blinking widget is back again :(

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
OK, never mind!! User error. I just realized I had more than 5 items selected as options for the widget causing it to blink and not load properly.........although I never had any issues with it up until today's update.

Oh well, easy fix!

EDIT: I SPOKE TOO SOON. The blinking widget is back again :(

If I use more than 3 sections it doesn't do well. Some iconsets work better than others. I can use 4 sections if one is the location changer.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If I use more than 3 sections it doesn't do well. Some iconsets work better than others. I can use 4 sections if one is the location changer.

Thanks Led. When I posted earlier that I thought I had it worked out, there were 5 options ticked off for the notification center widget...so I took one away and for the moment it seemed fine. About an hour or so later when I checked again, it was blinking in and out again. I was tired so I just decided to deal with it tomorrow (meaning today).

After seeing your post back to me, I went in and took away another notification center widget option, now I'm down to 3 and so far it's fine. What I don't understand is I didn't have that problem up until Monday's update.....prior to it I had 5 options selected.

This is on my iPad btw.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Led. When I posted earlier that I thought I had it worked out, there were 5 options ticked off for the notification center widget...so I took one away and for the moment it seemed fine. About an hour or so later when I checked again, it was blinking in and out again. I was tired so I just decided to deal with it tomorrow (meaning today).

After seeing your post back to me, I went in and took away another notification center widget option, now I'm down to 3 and so far it's fine. What I don't understand is I didn't have that problem up until Monday's update.....prior to it I had 5 options selected.

This is on my iPad btw.

Don't know about iPad. But if you've changed the iconset, that could be it. Some do work better than others in the widget. I'm having more widget issues now than before he made the location switcher a separate section. We didn't need more sections! There was 5. Now there's 7, and I can only get 3 to work. So to have the location switcher, I have to give something else up. I don't like that. There wasn't even a need for "Last Updated" on the widget. Not as a separate section. So if I want the location switcher, I can only use 2 more sections. :(

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Here's my 3 widgets sections. If I add another one, it won't load. It was better when the location switcher was part of the "Current Conditions" section. It was better before!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424287495.462753.jpg

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Don't know about iPad. But if you've changed the iconset, that could be it. Some do work better than others in the widget. I'm having more widget issues now than before he made the location switcher a separate section. We didn't need more sections! There was 5. Now there's 7, and I can only get 3 to work. So to have the location switcher, I have to give something else up. I don't like that. There wasn't even a need for "Last Updated" on the widget. Not as a separate section. So if I want the location switcher, I can only use 2 more sections. :(

OK, so it's my iPad that's the issue with the blinking widget. Like you I can only have 3 option enabled otherwise it won't load, it'll blink. Now, I do use a custom icon set- it's the same exact set I use on my 5S BUT on my 5S I have 4 options enabled for the widget and it loads perfectly fine.

I don't get it.

I like to have the location switcher on, but like you, I'm limited to 3 on the iPad now and if I exchange the 1 of other 2 for that then I'm not getting as much info as I want through the widget....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I finally got around to installing BeWeather 2 on my iPhone 6 Plus last night and thus far, in enjoying it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the club.

I used it on my Blackberry devices back in the day, and I did have the previous version installed on my iPhone 5 (I believe), but I opted keep the Weather Underground app installed. Now, that I have a little time on my hands due to all of the snow, sleet and black ice on the road (private and neighborhood roads, primarily), I've decided to give it another try. So far so good.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Beta 2.1.48 is out:

- Added 'fixed sidebar' setting for iPad. Disable to hide the sidebar.
- Fixed potential crash when location selector is not used in widget
- Improved scaling of the per minute rain forecast graph. Now better shows medium and heavy rains.
- Added subtle animation to the per minute rain forecast graph.

Status
Not open for further replies.