BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I. LOVE. BEWEATHER. I've deleted every other weather app I had on my phone when I purchased Beweather the day it was released on iOS. I had it back in my blackberry days and I'm happy to be able to have this back in my iOS days

tapped out from my iPad Air
I deleted a few weather apps. But I kept a few. My local TV station's weather app, the Tornado app by the Red Cross ( it's a different kind of weather app), and the NOAA weather radio app. Weather Underground had the weather radio built in. I would like to see that in BeWeather 2. It's all that's missing.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423320609.541065.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
It should be loud for severe weather. Not everyone has excellent hearing like you. If there's a Tornado headed my way, I want it as loud as possible. If you think this is loud, check out the Tornado app by the Red Cross. It'll knock you on your fanny.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

I must admit that after a few more warnings have come in during the last few days, I've gotten used to the sound. It was the first time that jolted me. Thought that it was only the tone that was changing.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I use the iPhone version on my iPad.
b95b8c633206d6bcaa5890f26b35634b.jpg
7d5339bcbc92cc02b8735dcfe6e7abaf.jpg

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I could not find through the search function. I'll try again. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Hey h3, when you do a search, tap the button where it says iPad only and change that to iphone only. I also use the iPhone version on my iPad Air

tapped out from my iPad Air

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
There is a small bug in the latest beta.

The location jumps around on the map occasionally. Seems to happen on the additional locations vs the one tied to the current locations. This is not the full map view but the map on the main page. So sometimes when flipping to a new location the location on the map will be near the top and then it centers. When I go back it will be back near the top and then get centered again. This only happens occasionally.

gvmelbrty

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone.. like you, I'm really enjoying Beweather 2 ... and I'd like to suggest some possible improvements.

I like the widget, but I'd like to see more info in both the Hourly and Daily Forecasts. ... Could the Hourly Forecast widget show seven or eight hours instead of just the five it does now? (The Beweather app itself displays eight icons.) ... And perhaps the Daily Forecast widget section could be redesigned into a horizontal format and then it too could show much more than just three days.. like the eWeather HD widget shown here:

Beweather-widget.jpg

Finally, I noticed there's a couple weather parameters that Weather Underground provides from personal weather stations that Beweather doesn't show: rain accumulation and solar radiation. I'd like to see both data points available in the Beweather app and widget. Here's a screenshot from one of my other favorite weather apps, Personal Weather Station Monitor. It also pulls data from the Weather Underground PWS network. Notice rain and solar radiation data (and notice highs and lows for all other data points - another possible addition to Beweather):

PWS Monitor.jpg

And these cool graphs:

PWS graphs.jpg

Anyway, just a few ideas for improvements.

Last edited:

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Don't know about everyone else but my temp badge isn't updating as it should, so I thought. I'm using the beta version 2.1.42 (842). I have to open up the app to get it to update. Here's how I have the settings in notifications and privacy settings. Notifications first pic then the privacy pic.
2b630927630baf2e4cb0211d6d594e69.jpg
727b9f7e770ef1c2c225407431cf9f40.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Looks great so far on the iPad! Thanks! Any luck for an iCloud data sync for location or settings in the future? Other weather apps allow it, so all of your saved location info is synced across all devices through iCloud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

Just downloaded it. One minor issue: the location on the map is jumping around from top 1/3 to center. Sometimes when map is opened up on main menu (not full map) the location will be in top 1/3 then auto center. Then if map is closed and opened again this repeats (but only sometimes). Seems somewhat random. I am on iPhone 6 Plus with zoomed display set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73