BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Pfluger: if new beta is not available yet, please resubmit current beta. I'm missing features in current production version. Thanks.

Which features are you missing? I've been on the production version for weeks, and don't see anything missing. But I may not recall them.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Which features are you missing? I've been on the production version for weeks, and don't see anything missing. But I may not recall them.

Radar maps are much smoother and missing the option to change the speed of the map

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
@ Pfluger You're getting some bad reviews because of the issue I have had with the widget showing "Will Not Load". I get around that by using only 3 sections. More than 3 won't load most of the time. Others are experiencing that and are upset and giving 1 star reviews. They don't know to use only 3 sections. It's odd how this occurs for some but not others. I can't find the common denominator. Maybe this issue should be mentioned in the app description with the suggestion to use only 3 sections if 4 won't load. Or find a fix. You should have an average of 5 stars. But because of this issue, it's only 3? stars. Just saying!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422025597.557905.jpg

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
@ Pfluger You're getting some bad reviews because of the issue I have had with the widget showing "Will Not Load". I get around that by using only 3 sections. More than 3 won't load most of the time. Others are experiencing that and are upset and giving 1 star reviews. They don't know to use only 3 sections. It's odd how this occurs for some but not others. I can't find the common denominator. Maybe this issue should be mentioned in the app description with the suggestion to use only 3 sections if 4 won't load. Or find a fix. You should have an average of 5 stars. But because of this issue, it's only 3? stars. Just saying!
View attachment 76080

Would love to get an update from pfluger....it's been awhile since we heard anything and he has been great to this point with communication.

I'm still using the weather underground weather temp chart widget so I have not experienced these beweather widget issues. At one point, pfluger said that beweather would add a chart/map to the widget similar to the weather underground chart. I'm waiting for that.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 76080

Until we can figure out a solution we will probably change the default setting to show only 3 sections and then have a warning message pop up once the user tries to enable more than that.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Until we can figure out a solution we will probably change the default setting to show only 3 sections and then have a warning message pop up once the user tries to enable more than that.

Any information on republishing the 2.0.70 beta? Or a production release of 2.0.70?

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

I was wrong about not seeing map speed selection in production version. I did a soft reset on my iPhone and the map speed showed up along with smoother map animation. So something with the beta expiring and installing the prod version caused some issue that gave me strange results. The reset cleaned it up and now radar map working well.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
BeWeather 2.1.22 is pending beta approval!

Changelog:
  • Added more subtle expand/collapse indicators
  • Added webcams
  • Daily forecast now shows a lo/hi temperature range indicator
  • New default font Avenir
  • New default theme black opaque
  • Defaulting to less widget sections
  • Location selector and last updated widget sections are now optional
  • Showing location name popup in widget when switching locations without location selector
  • Replaced share button with full overflow menu that has share, nearby stations and webcams.
  • Fixed map preview not centering exactly on location
  • Showing warning message when number of widget section exceeds 5
  • Fixed icon for 'my location' in location search screen not showing
  • Daily forecast now shows amount of snow instead of precipitation if snow is forecasted
  • Minor bug fixes

IMG_1178.png IMG_1179.jpg

Last edited:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Will there be new weather icon sets? I wish there was a way to do an in app purchase to get new ones. I don't have the patience to do my own or sync to Dropbox

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Will there be new weather icon sets? I wish there was a way to do an in app purchase to get new ones. I don't have the patience to do my own or sync to Dropbox

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

I TOTALLY AGREE with this post.

Sent from my GOLD s
using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
And the option to delete or hide iconsets we don't like and won't use. It's like in the " text on photo" app Phonto, I can hide the fonts I don't like. It makes the list shorter and easier to use.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't see a black opaque color option! It's not on the list.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

We have renamed some of the themes.

Black is now Black Translucent
Light is now Light Translucent
Black Opaque is now Black
Light Opaque is now Light

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
If you haven't received your download notification yet, beta 2.1.22 has been approved. Make sure to check the Testflight app for download.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR