BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just a short heads up because I haven't been posting the last couple of days.

We are looking into the reported issues with badge/notification updates on 8.1.2 (Make sure you do not swipe BeWeather away from the task switcher that you open via double clicking the home button).

We are also trying to squeeze in another beta version before the Apple store freeze over the holidays.

It seems to show notifications when the phone is locked during the night and early morning. But as soon as I open the phone for the day, they stop. I don't know if that helps or not, but thought you should know.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I still like this one better than eWeather HD. That whole app seems strange to me, the icons are hard and in your face ugly, and the sliding between days is completely screwed up. I'll stick with BeWeather.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just a short heads up because I haven't been posting the last couple of days.

We are looking into the reported issues with badge/notification updates on 8.1.2 (Make sure you do not swipe BeWeather away from the task switcher that you open via double clicking the home button).

We are also trying to squeeze in another beta version before the Apple store freeze over the holidays.

Well, just to add in here, my iPad Air 1st gen on 8.1.2 does not update hourly on the lock screen, BUT 8.1.2 for my 5S corrected this, and it updates every hour on the hour, even through out the night.

Also, since updating to 8.1.2 for both my 5S and iPad, the temp badge updates properly.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I still like this one better than eWeather HD. That whole app seems strange to me, the icons are hard and in your face ugly, and the sliding between days is completely screwed up. I'll stick with BeWeather.

Have you downloaded the app, or are you still on the beta?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, just to add in here, my iPad Air 1st gen on 8.1.2 does not update hourly on the lock screen, BUT 8.1.2 for my 5S corrected this, and it updates every hour on the hour, even through out the night.

Also, since updating to 8.1.2 for both my 5S and iPad, the temp badge updates properly.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S
Did you do anything to correct the notifications, or did it just happen on it's own? I've tried everything, but to no avail. It does fine on my Wife's 5c. We share the same iTunes ID and purchased list.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Did you do anything to correct the notifications, or did it just happen on it's own? I've tried everything, but to no avail. It does fine on my Wife's 5c. We share the same iTunes ID and purchased list.

No, I didn't do or change anything. It wouldn't update on 8.1.1 properly at all, but once I updated to 8.1.2 it started behaving on my 5S as it should.

The only other thing I can think of that maybe is affecting you, is the weather station(s) in your area just don't update as frequently as you would like....just a thought idk I could be wrong. Oh sorry, nm, you said it updates fine on your wifes 5C...throw my theory out the door lol

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my iPad Air

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No, I didn't do or change anything. It wouldn't update on 8.1.1 properly at all, but once I updated to 8.1.2 it started behaving on my 5S as it should.

The only other thing I can think of that maybe is affecting you, is the weather station(s) in your area just don't update as frequently as you would like....just a thought idk I could be wrong. Oh sorry, nm, you said it updates fine on your wifes 5C...throw my theory out the door lol

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my iPad Air

Maybe the BeWeather 2 team will figure it out. I'll be upgrading to the 6 or 6+ soon. And not from a back up in iTunes. Starting fresh with no messy baggage. LOL

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe the BeWeather 2 team will figure it out. I'll be upgrading to the 6 or 6+ soon. And not from a back up in iTunes. Starting fresh with no messy baggage. LOL

This last update just messed up my full screen weather on my iPad

Sent from my Gold iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Beta version 2.0.70 is now available on Testflight.

? First fully iPad compatible version
? Changed font sizes in weather alert screen
? Showing time of last remote push in BeWeather system settings

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded it. The iPad version is awesome! Nice text size adjustment in the alerts as well ( although I never had a problem with the text size before). Have a happy holiday season pfluger!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something, but is there a way to hide the location list on the iPad version like the iPhone version?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Was just coming to see about hiding the list. If you only use one location the list isn't necessary though it means developing for more screen real estate.

On my iPad Mini the icon here doesn't look good in either orientation:
5a131b33b3ed8e278ca96af063b715c4.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It is my opinion that hiding the location list would look better on the iPad. Anybody want to chime in on my opinion/suggestion?

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Just installed it on my iPad 3. Very good, real happy with it. Only weather app I use. Just one complaint, does not stay loaded on widget. I activate it in my widgets, it loads ok but I a second or two it disappears n then it says unable to load. Try 3 times reactivating, it loads then disappears n it keeps saying unable to load when tries to reload. I've got my notifications on for it plus my locations are on. Don't know what else to do with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen