BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

stepchild

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My temp badge is not updating also I don't get lock screen or notification Center notifications.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Why do I keep getting "Unable to Load" in my BeWeather widget?
I've got a 6 Plus and am reasonably certain all my settings are correct.
Otherwise great app.

I have that issue. Try using only 3 sections rather than 4 or more. Change that in the app's settings, go to Settings >Today Widget >Widget Sections. Toggle on Current Conditions and 2 more sections. Also, you might try a different iconset. Some seem to work better than others. The default usually works well. Also, you may have another widget or two that's hogging the memory. I think that's part of my problem.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Last edited:

Headgame

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I have that issue. Try using only 3 sections rather than 4 or more. Change that in the app's settings, go to Settings >Today Widget >Widget Sections. Toggle on Current Conditions and 2 more sections. Also, you might try a different iconset. Some seem to work better than others. The default usually works well. Also, you may have another widget or two that's hogging the memory. I think that's part of my problem.

Good tips. Seems to be helping. Thank you!

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Got crashes when I wanted to track storms. Could repeat it several times (latest beta, so pflugger must have gotten several reports).

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Newest beta is stable and working good. Finally got a weather alert and like the way out now shows in the widget!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Since the last update this week, on my iPad Air 1st gen iOS 8.1.1 and now 8.1.2, in portrait mode, this has been happening almost every time I open BeWeather up. Any one else getting this too? I only open BeWeather in portrait mode. The only time I use it in landscape is when I pull the Notification Center down and view the widget.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418175292.018374.jpg

Also, if I tap the top left 3 lines to edit, the screen there is cut off too as well as the settings gear not showing on the screen. I have to close the app, swipe it out of the background then reopen the app and it'll return to full screen again.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My weather alerts on the lock screen and on the notification center screen have stopped. This seems to be since the iOS 8.1.2 update.

stepchild

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My temp badge doesn't update and I don't get any lock screen or the notification Center updates. I'm curious as to what is wrong wonder if it's my phone I have an iPhone 6 plus or something else. It also seems like everything is gone quiet.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My temp badge doesn't update and I don't get any lock screen or the notification Center updates. I'm curious as to what is wrong wonder if it's my phone I have an iPhone 6 plus or something else. It also seems like everything is gone quiet.

My temp badge works fine. But my lock screen and NC screen alerts have mostly stopped. I get 1 early each morning about 4 am. Then none the rest of the day. They were coming regular each hour until a few days ago. Where has @pfluger gone?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
ive got a vector kit with the icons in it i just don't have the right software to take the icons and make them pngs. If someone could do that it would be great.

Here is a link to the vector kit https://dribbble.com/shots/1730093-iOS-8-Vector-Ui-Kit-ai
Download Eraser to your iPhone. It makes PNG images from any photo or image. They need to be 1:1 aspect ratio of 256x256. You can size them with the app image size.

Background Eraser - SuperImpose Photo Editor & Cut Out Image Outline by SUNWOONG JANG
https://appsto.re/us/UvqLW.i

Image Size by vsmedia.de
https://appsto.re/us/oxX-N.i

Or if you like, you can email them to me and I'll make them and email them back to you. I think there needs to be 68 icons in the set.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Download Eraser to your iPhone. It makes PNG images from any photo or image. They need to be 1:1 aspect ratio of 256x256. You can size them with the app image size.

Background Eraser - SuperImpose Photo Editor & Cut Out Image Outline by SUNWOONG JANG
https://appsto.re/us/UvqLW.i

Image Size by vsmedia.de
https://appsto.re/us/oxX-N.i

Or if you like, you can email them to me and I'll make them and email them back to you. I think there needs to be 68 icons in the set.

As someone who's both lazy and doesn't have time for such things, what are the possibility to have iconsets done for me? I'm willing to pay for your time via Paypal! :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
As someone who's both lazy and doesn't have time for such things, what are the possibility to have iconsets done for me? I'm willing to pay for your time via Paypal! :)

Elizabeth2 makes BeWeather sets for a donation. She can be found on her Blog...iBabyGirl Blog.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

What, exactly, do you have in mind? I can put them together, but I have no computer to use Dropbox or Box and a zip function. I tried on my phone. It takes a public folder in Dropbox or other app. As far as making them PNG images the right size, I can do that. Do you have weather images to use? A theme?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Elizabeth2 makes BeWeather sets for a donation. She can be found on her Blog...iBabyGirl Blog....or babyberrygirl@hotmail.com....Tell her I sent you.....Smile

You think she could take my PNG images for those Apple icons and produce a URL for them? There's no way I can do it without a computer. I've put a lot of work in creating the icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.