BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruegs

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Same issue as others... everything with the exception of the temp badge seems to function great. I hope that the badge icon issues can get resolved as that is a great feature. Until that time... I am turning it off.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Same issue as others... everything with the exception of the temp badge seems to function great. I hope that the badge icon issues can get resolved as that is a great feature. Until that time... I am turning it off.

The temp badge on my iPhone disappeared again and the one on my iPad didn't update since last night.

The app is so wonderful, hope this gets taken care of soon.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Same here charlyee, also the temp doesn't update on the icon, I thought it would. I have app refresh on for that app also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The temp badge on my iPhone disappeared again and the one on my iPad didn't update since last night.

I don't have much of an issue with my badge. An occasional blip. Like this morning when I opened my phone, it said 1?. I knew it was cold, but not that cold. And the weather stations don't all say the same thing. One said 17?. Another said 23?. The airport said 24?. I use the airport as a second local location. Have you tried turning the badge off, then back on?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Same here charlyee, also the temp doesn't update on the icon, I thought it would. I have app refresh on for that app also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm still having these issues on both iPad Air 1st gen and my 5S, both on iOS 8.1.1.

Sometimes the badge will disappear, most times it won't update.

I love this app so hopefully this can be addressed in a future update !!

I don't have much of an issue with my badge. An occasional blip. Like this morning when I opened my phone, it said 1?. I knew it was cold, but not that cold. And the weather stations don't all say the same thing. One said 17?. Another said 23?. The airport said 24?. I use the airport as a second local location. Have you tried turning the badge off, then back on?

I've tried everything to correct the badge not updating or disappearing and nothing has helped. It will correct itself for a short time, but then play the same reindeer games again. Lol.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to download a custom set with the right HTTP url?? If so could you pass on that info.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Pfluger. So since reinstalling both on iPad and iPhone this morning, the badge was updating and "behaving". But now(4pm) I've noticed on my iPad the temp hasn't updated since 2pm and the badge disappeared altogether about 3pm. So far my 5S seems to be ok.

As far as keeping the app active in the background, I've left it alone yesterday and then today since installing it. I hardly ever close out my apps in the switcher, but I know I didn't close BeWeather yesterday or today when I started having the disappearing badge and not updating the temp.

FWIW, I know I have a good wifi connection because I've been streaming iHeartRadio on my iPad since 9am without any cut outs.

Any other suggestions?

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S
We don't know if the problem is because BeWeather fails to set the badge or it fails to run at all in the background. We will add something to an upcoming beta that will help to figure it which one it is.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
When I added BeWeather 2 to my Wife's phone, I put it in the same weather folder with eWeather HD. Both had a temp badge. So the folder showed 88?. The temp was in the 40's. It added the 2 badges together. LOL!

Yeah, this is a known feature. Lets you know the total number of unread messages of all apps within the folder ;-)

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
pfluger,
Is this something new?
I didn't know I had to have BeWeather in the app switcher for the badge to update.
Perhaps this is why it never updated even with the previous version several months ago.
Is this something you're working so that we no longer have to have it in the app switcher for the badge to update?
I assume it's a minimal drain on the battery.
TIA
This has always been like this.

This is actually not really an 'app switcher'. It is a list of recently-used apps. The presence of an app in this list does not indicate that the app is still running, and removing apps from this list has no effect on performance/memory. The only thing removing an app does from this list that is beneficial is it kills the app if it was still running and it kills all its background processes.

It is best to use the app switcher only for apps that are 'stuck' or somehow misbehaving. This will 'reset' them.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Ledsteplin,
You and I both use another weather app that doesn't need to be in the app switcher for it to update the badge icon.
That's why I was a bit surprised when pfluger mentioned it
Regardless, I will use BeWeather which ever way I need to for it to work
Good Luck

Like I said, it is a recent apps list, not an app switcher.

BeWeather doesn't have to show in this list either for its background processes to run and the badge to update.

The problem is after you launch the app it will appear in this list. And if you then swipe it away it will kill that background process.

Bad design by Apple...

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Tks for the reply plugger,
Just for the record, now that I'm leaving the app in the app switcher, the badge icon is updating.
Good Luck

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I was also a tester and so glad to see this one in the app store. I've got 9 other weather apps, but this one resides on my home screen and in notification center widgets. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR